Hell's City

Triyun

"You're bringing order?" She said sarcastically, chuckling and shaking her head. "And what kind of order lays in taking a normal man, filling him so full of steroids and drugs that he is about to burst, only to have him destroy multiple city blocks in a region that is collapsing in on itself." Angelika reached out, grabbing the scientist by the collar, her eyes flashing as bright as Rhee's had been moments ago. "Now you listen to me. I know exactly what you're doing and honestly, I think it smells like !@#$. I know who you work for and what he's doing to people like Rhee and the other guinea pigs he managed to capture around Inchon." She reached down to her belt and brought the knife up to his neck.

"I've been beaten up pretty bad by one of your 'experiments' so I'm not in a good mood right now. I want answers to a few questions. First, where is Ming. Second, where is he producing this serum you've been using." Then turning to the Federal troops on the side, she smiled. "After he answers, you gentlemen can take him to a holding tank, or to be honest, throw him to the Cultists or the Vikings. Anyone that has this kind of disregard for human life, I really could give a $%&@ about. Then after that's done, you all are coming with me," she said to the soldiers. "You lost your officer so when my friend gets down here, you'll be under our command. Questions?" Angelika smiled at their surprised silence. "Good, I didn't think so."

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scientist shrugged, "We're taking orders from our boss, we're just a cog in the wheel and you can't prove anything. Anyway, if you want to see Ming, I'm more than happy to call his office to make an appointment for you." he answered arrogantly.

The soldiers were still dumbfounded by this whole thing. This had gone well above their pay grade and were completely perplexed by the whole thing. Never the less they could not argue with rank, even if going either way meant the likely hood of them facing some sort of disciplinary action was considerable.

[i]"After he answers, you gentlemen can take him to a holding tank, or to be honest, throw him to the Cultists or the Vikings. Anyone that has this kind of disregard for human life, I really could give a $%&@ about. Then after that's done, you all are coming with me. You lost your officer so when my friend gets down here, you'll be under our command. Questions? Good, I didn't think so."[/i]

Angelika's orders made the NCO gulp, he was not quite sure what to do, "Uh yes... maam, we should report back to headquarters first though..." he started.

Chakri then appeared, his helmet on to hide his identity, he was high profile enough, it would be bad if he was identified. "You better do what the lady says." he said. He turned to the scientists. "And you, you better start talking because if you think special projects is protected from the Imperial Branch." he started.

Removing a heavy pistol from its holster he placed it at the scientists, head. "You're quite mistaken."

The scientist gulped, "He's... in the command center right now. He's got several facilities, I don't know where all they are... we're just here to supervise the Rhee Project, he keeps the rest of the information compartmentalized."

Chakri turned to Angelika, "Go see Li and Ming?" he suggested.

Angelika nodded and threw the scientist's body over to two of the soldiers standing around them. "I know where the command center is, it's best that he doesn't let Ming know that we're onto him. Tie his hands up and keep them out of his pockets, then bring him along, I want to present some evidence to the Deputy Imperator as to just how corrupt this Special Projects Division is."

A few moments later and the entourage of Federal soldiers, Angelika, Chakri, and the captured scientist, and two soldiers carrying Rhee's body were slowly making their way across Inchon towards Li's headquarters near the center of the city. This of course meant moving through areas of the town that were well engulfed in chaos and many times, the detachment passed throngs of Vikings and Cultists heaving at themselves trying to take over certain regions of Inchon. Without a gun or blade, Angelika stuck close to Chakri, her eyes darting around their position for any chance at attack from the insurgents. She was also looking to see if any other 'projects' were out roaming the city. Rhee seemed as though he was a singular project, as it took two scientists to even begin to control him, but Ming was ambitious and if he could field an army of brutes, he most definitely would.

With their guns drawn and their senses keen, the squadron of soldiers finally made it to Li's compound guarded by crack troops of the Federal Army. Angelika, given her position as part of the team the Imperator had sent out had clearance as she led her detachment into the compound, bringing the scientist and Rhee's body with her as she barged into Li's office.

Whether he was drunk, at a meeting, or with a mistress, the Austrian Princess would not be listening to anyone if he couldn't be disturbed. Battering down the door, she threw the scientist's body onto the floor in front of Li along with Rhee's body and glared at the Deputy Imperator.

"Where's Ming. He's under arrest."

On their way, Chakri got off before entering into the Imperial compound. Instead, he decided to position himself on top of buildings. A rare electronic warfare device had been planted into his suit, allowing him to send a broad band wireless signal bypassing the surveillance for the compound once he setup position. The device, with a biometric activation token, was one of the most closely guarded secrets in the Federation, only available to a select few, including the Imperial Ruling Council and the most trusted agents of it.

Setting up his scope, he aimed it at the office of the Deputy Imperator allowing him to listen in on the conversation.

-----------------------

The thud, hit Rhee causing him to groggily look up. "Ugh..." he said. He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, his body had managed to heal the cut and form a scab remarkable quickly, but he had still just been stabbed with a !@#$@#$ sword.

He heard the authoritative voice of Angelika, slowly realizing where he was.

Li was taken back by it, and was angry, "Look, woman, I don't give a damn who your sister is. I am the leader of our forces in Korea, not you. To think you can just barge in here and treat me like a subordinate is not something I will tolerate... I should have you arrested right now!

Now what the $%&@ is this all about?" Li demanded to know. He was furious, this woman could not have just gotten into the country twice without someone keeping something from him. Li did not like to be out of the loop but that appeared to be exactly what was going on.

"Your Chief of Special Projects is turning your police and other military operatives into brutes that have less control of themselves then the Vikings. This scientist here works for Ming and I did some undercover work on my own, about a month ago and I can place Bridgette Saenger and her cronies at producing the serum itself. By the way, Your Excellency, that convoy you sent me on was ambushed and barely anyone survived so I think that the attempted assassination of the Empress' sister might count as some crime, aside from of course being in league with a criminally insane woman, who is producing a chemical that if it falls into the wrong hands could be disastrous to the stability of the Federation and the world."

She kicked the foot of the scientist. "I'm sure Rhee here as well as this rat I found, can attest to what Ming is doing. All under the guise of preserving order, but this kind of order is why Inchon is ruined in the first place."

Then smiling softly she bowed her head. "I'm sorry for barging in like that, but this kind of change in the game cannot wait. You're in league with a madman and he has to be stopped."

Li looked at Angelika, still clearly annoyed by her arrogance, he had not trusted Ming, but his actions in the past several weeks Ming had shown him increasing numbers of reports indicating that there were efforts to undermine his rule. And Angelika showing up like this, why had she not said anything when she was alive.

"I am sorry to hear your convoy was attacked, but I wonder..." he said suspiciously, "Why is it that you have failed to report in at all. I sent several missives to Qingyuan and did not hear back a response. This seems odd, as it would make no sense to exclude me from the loop."

Rhee slowly took in the situation, he attempted to stand, staggering up before speaking, "Deputy... Imperator... please listen... Ming iss..." he said trying to muster the strength to speak.

A voice from behind entered, "Ming is what?" the voice hissed. It was Ming himself, "Oh my it seems, that the Princess is alive... such good fortune!" he said with a grin on his face. He was flanked by two body guards, Rhee recognized the two. Both had undergone similar treatments to his, and both unlike he had begun complete minions of Ming.

"These two are... they have been..." he started.

Ming looked at Rhee with concern, "My dear Princess, I have been told that subject 4 assailed you, I am so sorry... you see his mental condition seems to be deteriorating with each passing day."

[b]Jesse and Brian were outside the building Angelika and the others are in. They saw Angelika confront Rhee earlier in town and have been tracking her ever since.

Brian: [/b]This plan is stupid. Were just gonna go in there, hope they don't kill us, and let them know we are gonna help them take out the Dragon Cult? That is the most stupid plan you have ever come up with!

[b]Jesse: [/b]Well its not like we have any weapons to take the cult out ourselves. Plus I know who she is. She works for the Austrian Empress, heck she might even be related to her. Paul said that he told her about me and what I do so she knows we are not enemies.

[b]Brian: [/b]That does not mean this girl here will think the same thing.

[b]Jesse: [/b]If we are gonna fight the cult we will need everyone that can help us. They have the weapons and tools to fight them, we don't. But if we join them in this fight the cult will have no chance of victory. We are gonna take our chances here. [b]If these people won't help us than the cult have already won.[/b]

Having sporked their way out of an ex-Korean POW prison, Viktor, Dmitri, and Mikhail were working their way through the bombed-out streets of the city. They saw a group of people standing several blocks away, consisting of a woman and several larger German-looking men. The trio slowly crept towards them to get a better look when they heard the shot ring out.

"Sniper," Viktor yelled, "get in a building!" He broke out the windows of a restaurant that was right next to them and hopped in the building, immediately followed by Dmitri and Mikhail. "Follow me," he yelled, moving up the stairs onto the second floor, then towards the nearest window to get a better look at the situation outside. However, once they reached the window, a gas main that had been damaged in the war suddenly burst, filling the rooms with flames. "Get down," Viktor yelled, "stay low, and try not to breathe." The group dropped to their hands and knees, trying to stay beneath the smoke and the flames that were now spreading to the ceiling and the wooden walls. "Move downstairs," Viktor yelled, "quickly! Before we are burned alive!" Downstairs, the team got back to their feet and scrambled to find an exit. The flames were spreading, mainly along the wallpaper that lined the stairwell and the lower floor of the cafe. "We need to find a way out," Viktor yelled, looking through the smoke for an open window or door. They found the answer, a large hole in the wall, most likely the result of a tank shell. "Jump, go," Viktor yelled, shoving Dmitri then Mikhail out of the hole before jumping out himself."

Fleeing the burning inferno, the trio landed smack dab in the path of the woman and her German companions. However, the woman looked very familiar to the three.

"Is that Victoria Kismet," Dmitri asked.

"I think it is," Mikhail said, "sure looks like her."

"Well say something then," Dmitri said, "maybe she can help us get home."

Mikhail stepped forward towards the group. "Uh, Miss Victoria Kismet," he asked in broken English.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

[center][b]Bluff called.[/b][/center]

[quote name='jesbro' timestamp='1315592379' post='2797468']
[b]John: [/b]I am not going anywhere.

[b]He hangs up. The other guy that brought him there seemed to be gone so he turned into his blue Dragon form and walked toward the machine.

John: [/b]I know you are somewhere nearby watching me Kang and sooner or later you will have to come out of hiding.

[b](OOC: Maelstrom, I am not good at battle scenes so I am gonna message you what he says once he meets Kang and you can RP the fight.)[/b]
[/quote]

The Machine speaks as John nears. The voice is suddenly very different, very serious sounding, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHqZuPsh54&feature=related"]"I'm afraid you are going somewhere.. mostly.. straight to hell."[/url]

The machine blew up with the force of 5 KG of C4, in front of the C4 within the machine was a coin box that normally held coin, but currently it held flat steel slugs. As the force of the C4 blast wave hit the slugs it turned them into pointed, bullet shaped projectiles which radiated out from the blast in a 30% vertex cone towards John, there would be no realistic way of avoiding some of the shrapnel given his current proximity.

As the blast went off, cultists manned the carnival "skill booths" several feet to either side of the dragon like being and mounted machine guns where the former toy guns were mounted to shoot for prizes, but aiming outwards. As John would begin to become subject to the recoil from the blast he'd find himself at the center of a cross fire of 6 .50 cal machine guns on full auto being operated at full operational speed. This was turning out to be one sick amusement park. As they shot, a bullet proof glass shield come down framing the guns of the gunners, providing an instant ad-hoc bunker.

If Kang were there, he obviously wasn't ready to play "fairly".

[center][b]Throughout the rest of Inchon[/b][/center]

The cultists continued to fight, knowing they were outnumbered.. with their wits but without fear. They would always opt for encounters where they could throw individuals to their deaths for massive casualties or they could bait the enemy into areas where there were complexly laid and innovative engineered trapping mechanisms. They would sometimes confront a force head on with inferior numbers, but only if they knew with some measure of certainty they could draw that force into a favorable area to fight. They had been trained to think out of the box and use their surroundings as a resource to cause optimum damage to those they were fighting. This is what Bridgette's troupe would encounter on almost every block they fought the cult.. and though they were being beaten back, they were creating one of the hardest environments to make progress in one could conceivably imagine.

They were also using basic home detergents to create chlorine gas on massive levels and would place a sole sniper in a building.. seeing the previous pattern of the enemy rushing sniper nests.. and wait for the enemy to rush the building. They'd then bust bags of fluids in the buildings that would release the chlorine gas into the environment... filling it and quite possibly killing many of the assault team while only putting one or two people inside the structure at risk. Often, if they finally got to the last sniper.. he'd blow the building out from under his feet with a charge he had placed himself on the way to the top to take everyone in the structure with him. They were absolutely feral in their fight.

(ooc: If it wasn't obvious that was a death trap to be avoided and Kang sought another way........

ps. No god moding here. The character has put himself in proximity to a bomb with a known functional pattern in reality and in physics. He knew he was walking into a particularly dangerous situation. I am describing how that weapon functions and reacts when detonated in regards to a body that has come into proximity. If John finds a clever way out.. good for him. I await to see how he does it. Personally, I expect severe if not lethal trauma, particularly to limbs and soft tissues.)

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[b]John was badly injured and bloody on almost his whole body but he was still able to limp into a booth nearby where there was not any cultists. Although the boards did provide a little bit of cover for the time being they would not last long against the power of the 50 cal bullets. Johns radio was still barely working so he would send one last message to Jesse.

John: [/b]I do not know if you will be able to hear this Jesse but there was a trap at the carnival. They were waiting for me and I was ambushed. I am very badly injured and won't last long. No matter what happens to me you must take out Kang. The forces of evil must not win this day. That Austrian princess will be a valuable ally so go to her and she should help you defeat the cult and anyone else supporting them.

[b]Jesse: [/b]Hang tight grandpa. We are gonna bring some help. Don't die on me yet. [b][looks at Brian] [/b]Get ready. We are going in.

[b]They walk up to the building.

(OOC: This next part happens if there are any guards. Otherwise they walk into the building.)

Jesse: [/b]I don't care if you do not let us in but Angelika will need all the help she can get if she is gonna take out the cult. If she needs to know more about me I will talk only to her.

[b]Brian: [/b]We have no weapons on us but you may check if you need to. If we are gonna take out the Dragon Cult we will have to work together.

Edited by jesbro

"Their minds are deteriorating only because you've destroyed them." Angelika glared at Ming. "I was there, I saw what Bridgette did to Rhee, I heard your voice on the overhead. Don't try to play games with me and Rhee knows what you've done to him. No, this time, this time you've done too much and gone too far. I'm not just going to let you try to genetically change the world for the worse. This has to stop somewhere and it's stopping today." She turned back to the Deputy Imperator. "Your Excellency, cousin, you have to understand. The chemical that they've made. It has to be destroyed. It's a danger to human society as a whole. The Special Projects Division needs to be closed."

---

Nearly back at the compound, Bridgette's entourage found themselves being approached by a trio of soldiers. Immediately the Vikings placed their hands on to their weapons, but with a gracious gesture of her arms, the Austrian madwoman had the guns lowered and the Marscurian delegation approach.

[i]"Uh, Miss Victoria Kismet,"[/i]

Bridgette bowed her head and hearing the accent she smiled. "Ah, Marscurian allies, what are you all doing here? Have you come to join the Humanitarian Mission that I have been leading? I could use some extra help."

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVDFltlg_HI&feature=related"][center][b]Blood Sacrifice[/b][/center][/url]

A cultist chef delivered the corpse of John on a banquet tray before Kang. "Here you are, M'lord Dreamer.. Fresh slain 'dragon'. We used magnets to extract the shells and impurities. You should be free to eat at your leisure. I added some Indian seasonings as per your request to make the meat even spicier."

"Thank you, Jeeves. You are dismissed." In the core of the temple, the master of the Dragon Cult devoured his enemy off of an altar as 6 large monitors behind him displayed the action in different sectors of town. "They're really throwing a party out there. I should get more involved."

Jeeves commented, "I think that unwise, sir. You are far to important to put to risk. Besides.. we set this place up exactly for what the dreamers demand.. a final, brutal, bloodbath and brawl. An orgy of blood lust and visceral pleasures to appease their desire for a tour de'force of drama, carnage, and challenge. Is that not what you said was envisioned?"

Kang mumbled a yes through devouring a blood soaked thigh. The virus recognized new genetic materials being added to its host through digestion and began to adapt.. mimicking the traits of John's 'dragon' form and further strengthening Kang. He continued to eat without further consulting Jeeves, mouth filled with the remains of his enemy.. screens filled with the anarchy he originated.

"Closed?" Ming said amused. He turned to Li, his eyes flaring with both amusement and villiany. "You ask us to close the special projects division, while the Cultists, foreigners who enslaved our people rampage through these streets? You, a foreigner?" he said.

He turned to Li, "Did you, struggle all those years in a desert so that a foreigner could undermine [i]your[/i] position?" Ming asked empathetically. "Everything I do, I do for the UFE, I do for our people, while you, ask with evidence of only here say to send away our greatest weapon in this fight?! Science!"

Ming shook his head, "I am ever the humble servant of the Imperial Family and it pains me to see those of the Hapsburgs subverting the Yuan destiny. I do hope your sister has more compassion and true feelings for the Imperator and this..."

Li growled, "Thats enough!" he said in an angry tone. "[i]Cousin[/i] I assure you I do not share the Director's views entirely, but he is right. I will take your matter under advisement, but Ming has shown himself, manners aside, a valuable asset to our rule here. We cannot move to cause dissension with the dragon cult still in place, not without more evidence anyway..." he said.

He turned to Ming, "They better be wrong about you... now what do you have to stop them?" Li asked.

Before Ming could answer Rhee stood slowly, "You have... you have me." he said. He turned to Angelika, "I'm sorry for attacking you Princess..." he said sorrowfully before turning to face Ming square in the eye, "And what she says is true."

Ming smirked, "Still here say..."

Li slammed his fist, "Enough! We'll settle this later, Rhee if you are up to fight, we need to bring down the cult leader. I will send the army to attack, but I need the leader taken out, if you can... we can discuss this more. But I refuse to lose special projects while this is still going on." He then looked at Angelika, "And you cousin, I assume you can assist in stabilizing [i]my[/i] rule here as well?" he asked.

Angelika nodded at Li and took Rhee by the shoulder. "Yes, of course Excellency, I will do everything in my power to assure that your rule is stabilized. I fight for the Federation after all, you and I are allies and we are family, not enemies. No matter what people might say." Then turning to Ming she smirked. "And this isn't over, not by a long shot. I can assure you of that." Then turning over to Rhee, she nodded at him and patted him on the back and started walking with him down the stairwell towards the exit of the compound. After they were out of ear shot from Li and Ming she turned to him with worried eyes.

"Listen, you don't have to come if you don't think you're ready for this. Tonight's been rough, for all of us and hell I was hoping for so down time myself. I just need to know, are you going to be fit and with a decent sense of mind to make it through this fight." Her authoritative face curved into a smirk. "I just want to know that you're not going to try to kill me again." She said can kept walked towards the exit of the compound.

There on the outside, she saw two men arguing with the guards who were not going to budge.

[i]"I don't care if you do not let us in but Angelika will need all the help she can get if she is gonna take out the cult. If she needs to know more about me I will talk only to her."[/i]

Angelika stood out in front of the two men, "Can I help you gentlemen, I'm Angelika von Hapsburg, how do you know about me?"

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Rhee followed Angelika out, he turned towards Ming, his neck still sharp in pain, "I'll be seeing you real soon." he said to Ming flash of blue in his eye.

Following Angelika out, he sighed, "Look... I'm really really sorry about that. I don't know.. I thought I had gotten to have some degree of control and now I think I do, I just need to be careful. I wasn't expecting the stress of a real fight. I think now I will know what to expect." he began sorrowfully.

[i]"I just want to know that you're not going to try to kill me again."[/i]

Looking at the smirking Angelika he laughed, "Hey third times a charm right? Just... third time a charm for controlling it or for killing you... ok probably shouldn't joke about that." he acknowledged. "But I need to do this, I'm tired of cultists running all around this place, and I need to show that I can be an asset to my people even without Ming... I am definitely up for this." he said determined as he followed her out of the building and onto the street where the two men waited.

Chakri brought his scope down on the two men to ID them from the building, he pressed his comm system to Angelika, "These two entered from Noveria, looked on with suspicion. Also I'm getting comm chatter, the armies moving to attack this guy. I guess they've called in for you guys to go with the army.... looks like we have more fun. I'll follow out of site. Also Ryu's found the hospital, he's now gathering evidence." he said.

While Angelika talked to the two men, two squads of soldiers dressed in Xenias Combat armor with the symbol of the Joint Special Operations unit approached Rhee. "Commander Rhee, we've been ordered to support you and General Hapsburg in the attack." he lead man said. "I'm Lt. Zhang, of the Joint Special Operations Force." he said.

Rhee mouthed, "Commander?" he said. This was certainly new. Looking over at Angelika, "... did you say General?!" he asked surprised.

The man nodded, "Yes, I've been instructed to treat her as the rank of general and you as a commander."

Rhee shook his head [i]Oh lord an ego would be coming out.[/i]

Meanwhile the PLA would begin a massive assault to begin closing the noose around the Dragon Cult. Reinforcements had been brought in quietly, specifically in the form of air borne forces, which simultaneously seized multiple outer points of where the Dragon Cult had risen up, overwhelming the area with fire power. Six AC-130 gunships along with drones were sent to operate over the area, to loiter and monitor movement. The battle for Incheon was about to erupt in fury.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1315640355' post='2797927']
They were also using basic home detergents to create chlorine gas on massive levels and would place a sole sniper in a building.. seeing the previous pattern of the enemy rushing sniper nests.. and wait for the enemy to rush the building. They'd then bust bags of fluids in the buildings that would release the chlorine gas into the environment... filling it and quite possibly killing many of the assault team while only putting one or two people inside the structure at risk. Often, if they finally got to the last sniper.. he'd blow the building out from under his feet with a charge he had placed himself on the way to the top to take everyone in the structure with him. They were absolutely feral in their fight.
[/quote]

Jinho was having trouble keeping up with the movement of the snipers, but with her being on one of the rooftops herself placed her in a good position to do something about the snipers on other rooftops. It would do nothing for the traps inside the buildings, nor any cultists that were inside the building itself as they would be out of sight unless one of them would start firing out of a window, but given the distance the snipers were her first priority. Unless there was a secondary detonation system, the potential destruction of the building would die with the sniper as serum enhanced eyesight and almost unwavering grip on the sniper rifle she carried took care of the rest. The second downside was that she could only do something about the sniper she could actually see from her location, and switching rooftops sounded a lot easier than it was, but with the three people in her group she could only do something about the base's immediate surroundings. 'Secure the area' had been the order, and she would do just that as the Vikings and other mercenaries saw to clearing the vermin from the streets.

If a PLA gunship would come close, she would step away from her sniping ledge and take a couple of steps back, crouching in clear view of the helicopter while waving at them to let her know she was fighting on their side. The two mercenaries with her would be doing the same. She had her hands full on the Cult as it was and shooting down a moving gunship -- which meant either targeting the pilot or hitting the tail rotor -- was technically possible, but put too much importance on the first shot being a direct hit for her to consider running that kind of risk. The more firepower the Cult was facing, the better for her own group as well.

[b][center]The Streets of Inchon[/center][/b]

When the PLA hit, the cult recoiled and entrenched, but as expected, sustained heavy casualties. They waited for tanks in blind areas where the ac-130s couldn't see them mingled in the rubble.. and made use of the sewers. Many a PLA talk would run over a manhole cover to find a tremendous explosion come up from below them. Sometimes it'd work.. sometimes the underside armor would hold.

A few clever engineers decided it would decide it was easier to destroy the sewer beneath the tanks instead of the tanks themselves and would put explosives under streets to crater them as tanks drove over.

The fight was being forced underground. The cult knew this would happen in any real combat situation and had trained for it, learning to navigate the sewers and underground where available.

[b][center]Back in the Temple[/center][/b]

"The show shall be ending soon.. the drama closed. Here comes China to reclaim her child from the heretics and heathens that cause her turmoil. I wonder when they will realize how ugly uniformity is.. and dull. Oh well, that's not for me to determine. We have always marched to our own unique rhythm and they simply won't tolerate it. So here they come to punch a hole in the drum. Wonder how they will feel when all the orchestra is silenced and they're the only ones left tooting their horns." Kang mused as he watched the bloodbath. "Ah well, at least our drum will go out on the loudest possible note."

[b]Jesse [to Angelika]: [/b]In case you probably have not heard of me my name is Jesse and I lead Delta Squad, an elite squad of soldiers that take out the most evil people you could imagine, we're more like assasins that take out the world's most wanted but we work as frontline soldiers as well currently based in Noveria where I was born, but the one you should really be familiar with is my uncle known as Paul Rosseau who is the Duke of Andorra. How I know about you is something I probably should not disclose at this second but lets just say we know you plan on going after Dragon Cult and so are we.

[b]Brian: [/b]The reason we were in the city was to get info about some enemies we are facing back in Noveria but once we found out what the Dragon Cult was doing they seemed like a bigger threat.

[b]Jesse: [/b]My grandfather who is also Paul's dad was pinned down by cult fire in a amusement park near the docks but he said it was too late to save him. We are here to help you take down the Dragon cult once and for all, and there is nothing that will stop us from at least trying. They killed my grandfather so now it is personal.

"No, I haven't Jesse. I don't know about your Delta Squad, but if what you say about the Dragon Cult is true then you're welcome to come with us and avenge your Grandfather's death. But while this might be a personal mission to you, it is a matter of security to us. You can come along, but you listen to my orders and you keep yourself out of causing danger that we can't prevent. This is a dangerous situation and if your Grandfather died going in alone, well that's all the more reason to be cautious."

She walked ahead of Jesse and Brian as Angelika's force began to make their way towards the amusement park. Upon their arrival, the Princess could understand the reason madmen, like Kang Lung, would chose such a place to hold his operations. Even more so, it fit the part he was trying to create to an almost comical degree. "Well they try to play the insane cultist really well." She shook her head, "Though I can't understand why if they're so obsessed about death, why don't they all just kill themselves. I would make everything a lot easier."

"Their God is back on Earth, that's why, General." Said one of the agents sent along with Angelika's entourage.

"Another reason why I hate organized religion." She said and crossed the threshold into the park. "Stay close and be on your guard. It'll be easy to pull an ambush here, but if you see a scaly mutant, well we've found our mark."

As the battle raged around the city the PLA was advancing at a rapid pace. IEDs were pretty uneffective even as shaped charges, as the electronic countermeasures suites quickly would detect thing such as proximity sensors and jam remote detonators. Chemical sniffers would contribute to this further.

AC-130s would engage targets in rubble using a mix of MAD and electro-IR scopes. This was supported by fire from artillery pieces which were used sparingly. For this offensive HDRM munitions were employed which would maximize chances of catastrophic kills while minimizing surrounding kinetic energy, thus creating minimum harm to the inhabitants around the area.

The sewers were somewhat of a tougher challenge. The adaptive camouflage and goggles on the Xenias armor gave units an advantage, but any confined space posed significant challenges and risks to squads as they advanced. Nevertheless the momentum was kept forward.

----------------------------------------------

Rhee arrived following Angelika, he was one of the few not dressed in combat armor, which could likely cause problems during a transformation, as it would be unlikely he could take it off and neatly fold it. He instead was wearing a black commando uniform, with a long black blade carried behind his neck. On his side was holstered a pair of machine pistols.

His eyes glared back and forth. In his training he had learned to use the night vision abilities which previously had been random, on now a regular basis. He looked for the slightest sign of movement or a trap.

Around them were several teams of commandos which approached the area cautiously remaining hidden, waiting for the Cult to make its move.

Rhee turned to Angelika, "Should this be a good time to mention, I hate clowns, and they cause me some panic attacks?" he asked.

Overhead a pair of drones flew, scanning for electronic fields in the areas around the carnival that could be possible ambush points. The units would fire down onto those positions with directed energy weapons to take them out of commission. The cultists would have to come play in person... no carnival traps.

Meanwhile Chakri waited, setting up a position in a building with site of the entire carnival area. His scope cycled through the area looking for movement.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-9aadliuwM"][b][center]Fun times.[/center][/b][/url]

The interesting part.. is as they entered the Amusement Park.. there were now signs posted about where to find Kang Lung. Arrows pointed towards the "Fun House." Which of course was decorated by all kinds of clown decor.

If they entered, they would be greeted by a hall of mirrors that was eerily creepy. But so far, no traps.. no shenanigans.. no cultists.. just eery silence and carnival music on repeat.

[b][center]The Temple[/center][/b]

Motion sensors went off. Kang killed the lights inside this portion of his compound. He got into position, climbing onto the grips and handles installed in the rafters.. a veritable gymnasium, he hid himself in the ceiling. He carefully checked his remote and nodded. All electronics save his explosives were dead. He waited quietly in the upper rafters in a prime spot to observe the entrance to his chamber.. and waited.

[b][center]Disorientation.[/center][/b]

As the team progressed into the Fun House, they were of course greeted by ever changing mazes of walls; sensory altering spin wheels, fog (laced with LSD), and light shows. The whole point of a Fun House, after all, was to lose the senses.. to get lost.. and in some to get a little frightened. Some floors moved, it was sometimes well illuminated.. other times.. not so much. All the same, no sinister tricks except the drugs.. as they walked towards the lair.

Rhee walked into the fun house first, he found himself nervous about what lay before him. He smelled a trap and did not like the looks of the whole thing. His eyes darted from side to side as they moved through, he breathed calmly to try and keep his mind focus and avoid a transformation. The last thing he needed here was to go berserk... [i]again.[/i]

Rhee looked back at his companions to make sure that they were behind him when the mist came through. He smelled something amiss. It wasn't a normal smell though, it was like a sensor going off in hie brain. "Put on your masks.... there is gas." Rhee said. "You could say... my spidey senses are tingling, heh."

Rhee drew his sword as the foul odor of the chimeric freak was becoming stronger and stronger. He was beginning to feel a greater control of his abilities, and he was determined not to be ambushed by this creature.

Angelika followed Rhee, drawing out her pistol and putting on her gas mask the moment the new scent had reacted in her nose. It made her eyes brighten for a moment, making her legs shake and her body quiver. For a moment, she thought that maybe coming in contact with Rhee's blood was making her change as well. Feeling her arms and chest, the Princess could tell she wasn't growing or changing and sighed in relief. "Yes, well, just keep your eyes peeled. I don't like it in here at all." She said and coughed a bit, her eyes beginning to water and the fear of an ambush imminent made her hate the entire situation.

Certain steps she could take, the Princess would find herself falling forward and soon the entire advance through the mazes became a chaotic attempt to just stay focused in the gas and twists and turns of the building.

"Ah, this music." Angelika said twisting her hand around the hilt of her blade tightly. "It's going to make me go insane. Rhee, we shouldn't be in here. We shouldn't be inside anywhere, we should just have the air force level the goddamn thing to the ground. This is too easy for us to be ambushed, Kang could be anywhere. We should turn back."

And though she said it in a whisper, already there were men in the squad beginning to turn their feet in the chaos, looking for an exit that didn't exist as the devilish waltzes, transforming Strauss into a Satanic ritual began to fill the air. The Austrian only shook her head. "This is a sick joke."

[center][b]A voice in/of the madness.[/b][/center]

"Come now. If you want to kill me.. should I just roll over?" The voice seemed to come from all around them. They weren't even in the temple yet. Kang was listening to them through earplugs plugged into his remote and a mic system. "The dreamers wanted a challenge. You have your challenge." Suddenly among them a pop-up dummy of Kang shot up from a panel in the floor with a speaker in the mouth and flashing red eyes. "Peakaboo.. I see you." The next door they would come to was through a passage only 1 person wide.. and the area beyond was pitch black.

Rhee continued forward, "No... the problem with bombers is we can't know for sure. We gotta take this guy down ourselves. Otherwise, if he escapes, or even if his body is incinerated, this cult can live on. We must break the dragon cult here and now, and show them the falsity of their ways.

Besides, I'm fairly certain that [i]this time[/i] I will try and kill the right person. I say try, because it occurs to me I've yet to actually win a fight as a super soldiers." he said laughing with a bit of gallows humor.

In the distance through the mirrors he spotted an area with some light coming out of it, it was faint, but the smell was strongest there. He held his hand up motioning towards the direction. The hole was small... they'd have to move fast.

Rhee got a small device out from his pack, rolling it on the floor he sent it through the hole into the liar. He made the hand signal to turn away, as it emitted a bright flash along with a localized EMP. Rhee then rushed through first...