Hell's City

Triyun

Jinho looked puzzled, but most of the reason why she did was that everything seemed so clear to her, as if she were aware in all directions at once. She could actually feel the blood pumping in her veins, the soft warm tingle as it traveled to her hands and back again, getting the impression that she could actually check her pulse by looking at her wrist for five seconds. She resisted the urge to try it.

- "You mean... fight the Dragon Cult? And the UFE too?"

The plan sounded crazy, even before this almost unnatural boost to her senses. She turned to face Brigitte, absently opening the top button of her uniform when she found it was starting to restrict her breathing, and aware of the lack of weakness in the woman and trying to figure out just what she had been planning. She marveled at what was going on in her mind, simply by thinking back on the conversation outside she could see the feigned weakness, the played exhaustion so clearly she wondered how she could ever have missed it. And with it, she became suddenly very wary of this woman, as her memory replayed the part where Brigitte had tripped as the starting point of these changes, the signs literally screaming that she had been injected with something.

- "And just what did you do to me?"

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I told you at the beginning, Jinho, that I could help you bring that man into custody but that it would require help. The Cult and other chaotic UFE sympathizers, looking to take over Korea turned that man into a brute. They brought in the Vikings, they destroyed the society around you. What I did to you, is given you the strength and the courage to keep this plague from destroying all of Korea, but without the damning mind warping that a full dose would do, you will still be you, I promise. Otherwise, you might have been captured or attack by men wishing to do you harm. I am not like those men."

She could see the changes taking place in Jinho, and when Jinho was apprehensive in her face, Bridgette knew from experiments prior that her body would be accepting the change freely and warmly. "You want to be wary of me because you think I'm mad, or crazed. But I'm not, I can promise you that. The Cultists and the Federation can be destroyed, they can be pushed back. But you have to accept help from a stranger at times and I need to be able to count on that the person who gave me a kind hand, will help me make that dream a reality."

Bridgette sighed, "I couldn't just tell you outright. Your reason would have refused you. But think without reason, Jinho, let your passion and your heart guide you. That is when things change. We take it one at a time, but I know we can succeed. If you just have faith."

She stuck out her hand for Jinho to take. "Please, I gave you a gift, not a curse. Help me in return."

- "If it's any consolation, i'm not wary because i think you're mad... I'm wary because you shot me up with some drug straight out of testing. Big difference."

Jinho looked at the hand. She could tell that Bridgette was being sincere, but the woman in turn would be able to tell that regardless of her motivations, Jinho would have preferred to have been asked. Bridgette was right in that she'd likely have said no, but she liked to at least have the option available to her. She happened to [i]like[/i] the body she grew up with. Still, she reached a decision, and shook hands with Bridgette, perhaps squeezing a little too hard as she was still unaware of her enhanced strength.

- "Benefit of the doubt. I stay with you for a month, and after that i decide whether i'm sticking around or not."

Bridgette smiled as she shook Jinho's hand and watched as the woman's uniform continued to tighten. The serum had not taken full effect. "Come," she said and took the woman towards a back room in the building. "You need to let the rest of the serum take control, after that, this feeling of anxiousness or whatever you're feeling like inside, that will go away and you'll see the full effects of what my drug can do. This, Jinho, will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

She left the room for a moment and dialed up Y. "Have you started to transfer the goods out of the ship?"

"Yes, I've relocated with a few of our mercenaries to a region on the outskirts of Inchon. Where have you been?"

"I've recruited a partner, I think you'll like her, she's reacting to the serum perfectly, another addition to our team."

"You'll be up soon then, Bridgette?"

"As soon as the serum runs it's course in her, then I-" The sounds of Jinho's grunting came through the door and Bridgette nodded. "I have to go, I'll be up by the end of the day." She hung up the phone and walked back in as she watche Jinho begin to sweat.

She laid a calm hand on the girl's shoulder. "Let it out, let it flow, then we will have work to do."

In the other room, Jinho could feel it. Muscle spasms ran through her back and shoulders as tissue expanded and tried to refit itself into her frame, bones broke and reformed a few inches longer than they had been, skin stretching to compensate for the increased mass, even her brain felt like it was on fire as nerve paths were rearranging themselves for optimum efficacy. It was an effort to remove her uniform under the stress and agony her body was going through, but she somehow managed without tearing it. If the process could be undone, she would be needing that again.

In the meantime, Bridgette would have something else to concern herself with, namely the sound of two police officers trying to kick the door in of the abandoned warehouse. Forgotten in all the commotion was the fact that her transceiver was still on, and both officers had been able to overhear the conversation, concluding that Jinho was being drugged. It would likely take more than words to get them to back off, and with Jinho's body too occupied with adjusting itself to the serum it was unlikely she was in a condition to go anywhere, especially not in her underwear.

[b]John’s hotel room. A few floors down from the roof.

Jesse: [/b]Did you find anything that can help us find the Dragon cult?

[b]John: [/b]No, but that bartender seemed to know something, he also said they would come after me if I kept on asking around.

[b]Jesse: [/b]By all means keep on asking because if they do try anything they will die before they knew what happened. The cult is planning something and if their leader is already a dragon than it will happen soon. Are there any agents nearby that can help?

[b]John: [/b]There are not as many of us as you think. At most there are about 10-20 Dragon agents per continent. There may be one here in Korea that may be able to help us but I will have to make some calls.

[b]Jesse: [/b]Don’t bother. We are going to do this thing like a chess game. We will wait for them to make the first move then we shall counter it.

Edited by jesbro

"Damn it all." Bridgette said under her breath as a knock on the door sounded. The only people who would actually knock were people who knew she was actually in the warehouse with Jinho and that meant, they were most likely police. She sighed and let Jinho alone in the backroom, still adjusting to the serum as she opened the door, mid-way before another one of their pounds echoed through the slums.

"Excuse me, officers. If you would please be a bit quieter about trying to bash down this door. Both me and your colleague were in the back discussing the recent scourge that has been set over Korea. I am Doctor Victoria Kismet, one of the investigators assigned from Germany to look at the Viking presence in the region. Your friend, Jinho, has offered to help me in my work and in trying to stop their expansion as well as the drugs they've been using and what the Federation has been providing them. Now if you would please, stop causing such commotion." She said very quickly to stun the two investigators and smiled.

"That said, can I help you officers?"

The two officers hadn't expected the door to actually be answered, but when it did, the older one was quick to react while the other stayed back a little to look for signs of trouble.

- "Well, that's not what we heard, miss Kismet. We heard you have administered something to our colleague, then insinuate working to overthrow the government. I'm going to have to ask you to come with us for questioning on suspicion of possession of illegal goods, suspicion of attempted abduction of a South Korean Police officer, suspicion of being a member of an organization working towards a seditious conspiracy and suspicion of Treason against the government of Korea. Please step outside quietly while my colleague will check on the officer that is currently inside."

The older man took a step away from the door, but his stance spoke of a preparedness to lunge forward if Bridgette attempted to throw the door shut. Steel-toed boots had been issued for good reason.

Bridgette smiled as she looked of in the distance and saw a sudden glint of sparkle. "Of course, gentlemen, I apologize for being a hassle and of course a liar. I'll come right along."

But as she moved towards the doorway and into the arms of the police officers, the pressing of footsteps behind them exploded into a frenzy as two Viking mercenaries who were contracted by Bridgette and her faction descended onto the Koreans. The Vikings took the butt of their weapons to the first man's head, knocking him to the ground and freeing Bridgette from his grasp. Then being freed, she took a tranquilizer shot out of her coat pocket and drove it into the neck of the second officer before he could fire off shots, warning anyone else around of the attack. As he shook in her hands, Bridgette grinned and patted him on the cheek. "It's better this way, you and your friend will wake up in a few hours or so and everything will be back to normal. Be glad I didn't give you the other dose in my pocket, cause I assure you. Unlike your friend, I would have made you a Viking Brute."

She let him fall to the ground and then stepped away. "Take them some place safe, I want to make sure they remain unharmed. Is that understood."

"Of course Mistress." The Viking said, her a thick cloak and some other clothes. "We were told by Doctor Y that you needed larger clothes, is everything okay?"

Bridgette nodded, "Just a new leader for all of you." She took the cloak and walked back into the house where Jinho was in the backroom, finally finished in her transformation. The Austrian saw the police uniform folded neatly on the floor and the red-haired woman standing tall on the side of the room, completely changed, her new strength and stamina immediately visible. "How do you feel Jinho?" She handed her the cloak and other clothes.

"I've been working on actual armor, that my associate has, we should start heading to the outskirts of the city. Get changed and we'll get going."

- "Considering my genes feel like they've gone through a blender, surprisingly good actually."

Jinho got dressed, which in her case meant wrapping the cloak around her to cover as much skin as possible, and prepared to follow Bridgette, carrying her former clothing under her arm. Once outside though, she froze as she saw the bodies of her two colleagues, but her newly honed senses quickly spotted that their chests were still going up and down. It looked like they were simply unconscious.

Going back inside, she searched her belongings for the pen and notebook, and scribbled something on a piece of paper before tearing it off, and leaving it on the couch for her two colleagues to find when they woke up.

[quote]To Chol and Hsien,

I've seen an opportunity to infiltrate into the ranks of the Dragon Cult. I can't tell you much except that they're planning something big.

I'll try to contact you in a month's time. Show this to the Chief, and tell the others i've gone on a vacation to Zargathia.

Thanks,

Jinho[/quote]

The small note went on the couch along with her police transceiver. Her mobile phone, though she knew it could be traced, was something she decided to keep, as long as it was turned off they wouldn't be able to find her. She'd have to get Bridgette to arrange a model that couldn't be traced, but she needed the phone numbers stored on it to call in on her progress every once in a while. Having the phone number of the Chief would come in useful.

From the slums of Lower Inchon, Bridgette led Jinho and the Viking mercenaries through the dismal streets of the collapsing city. Y had done his job and transported enough of the serum away from Ming's holding ship and the encroaching eyes of his Rat. With distance between them, she could focus on getting the Vikings recruited, Jinho properly suited for combat and of course leadership, and then the campaign to place Inchon directly within her shadow control. She knew that it would be impossible to defeat Federation, no, her plan was much more subtle. To destroy it from the inside out and with that, she could give Jinho what she wanted, Korea. Y, what he wanted, access to the Federation's science community and files and of course the death of the Hapsburgs. By the end, everyone would be happy.

After about an hour's worth of travel, the entourage arrived at an old plaza whose basements led deep into the earth. Not as perfect as the old Korean bunkers that pretty much held-fast against nuclear attack after nuclear attack, but the deep basements would would just as well. Entering into the rooms, Bridgette and Jinho would find them alive with Vikings, Koreans, along with South African mercenaries who had become Bridgette's crack force in her global empire. A man with a Dutch accent stepped out, smiling first at Bridgette and then more so at Jinho before gesturing to the back rooms.

"The Doctor wanted you to meet with him as soon as you arrived."

Bridgette nodded and led Jinho to the back rooms where a bald man in a lab coat was busy on a board of mathematical equations.

"Did you discover the composure yet, Y?"

Y turned around and smiled. "I'm very close," then he looked at Jinho and nodded. "So this is our new partner? I see you took to the serum very nicely my dear, welcome to the Astrid Corporation. I have a prototype armor suit for you, which should fit your new proportions from what Bridgette texted me on the phone. They're first generation, a poor copy of some Federation armor that we stole from Ming that he copied from a colleague named Kang. It's not the best, but we're working on improving it." He turned towards the hanging pieces of armor on the side of the room. "Go try it on and get ready, we'll be fighting a war soon there's Dragons to kill."

"Along with some others, are the abilities for withdraw still accessible?"

"Very much so and after I finish the calculations here, we can mass produce the serum, at least to the highest bidder."

---

Meanwhile on the path towards Inchon, Angelika stared at Rhee with fatalist eyes. "Well if that's the only way you can think of. Maybe there's a way for me to get out of the country and get to the Imperial Court. Jia and the others will take an interest in what we've found here and maybe that will help the war effort here." Then she sighed and took his hand. "Listen, I know that the Federation isn't the best nation in the world and trust me I don't boast that, but war is war, what you need to worry about now is getting your homeland back. Not about Jia, or Li, or Kim Jong Un. You have to worry about you and the next people who come around to make Korea an independent nation. Too much hatred," she chuckled, "Who knows what will come out of that body of yours."

As the truck began to slow she sighed and tightened her grip on his hand in a soldier's manner. "That said, if you're willing to put yourself in danger, then so am I. I'll try to keep a tab on you as best as I can, just don't get hurt out there." She reached into her pocket and with her phone took a picture of the equipment next to them. "I'll take this out of the country and we can solve this mess before it gets too irreconcilable."

Removing her hand she nodded. "Just take care of yourself. Now, let's get out of this crate."

Jinho nodded at the introduction, simply not caring how old the model was. What was truly important to her was that they were clothes, and they were her size, she wasn't expecting a suit of Power Armor with a built-in Ion Cannon anyway. Excusing herself, she picked up the armor while doing her best to keep her cloak wrapped around herself, and backed up into a room where she could change into her armor. Lacking a specific changing room she would use a restroom stall, or anything else that wasn't immediately visible by the majority of people sharing the basement with them.

Upon completed she walked back into the room where she had received the armor, moving around a bit to find it a surprisingly good fit. A sword hung at her belt, the weight of the sheath and blade odd, but somewhat compensated by a high caliber gun holstered at the other hip. It would take some time to get used to it, not the weight but her new center of gravity, shifted by the changes in body mass as well as the new weight of her equipment. She suspected it wouldn't take long though, she could walk around in the basement to practice just fine. The trouble was, would she have the time to. Going by the police reports that were coming in since this morning, the authorities were getting pretty close to keeping an eye on the Vikings, and it would only be a matter of time before one of this many people would be spotted going in or out of the building by a patrol car. The last thing she wanted was to fight her colleagues.

[img]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7162/11791f7f4e3ab3825a0be4a.jpg[/img]

Rhee paused, taking her words in, there was some truth to what she was saying, "...Yeah ok." he said to her. There wasn't much more he could, "You're right, who knows what will happen if I let things get too out of hand." he said. "... and I appreciate it. This is going to get messy, I feel it in my gut. I'm not one to refuse help."

Exiting the crate Rhee looked around taking note of where they were. They were about two miles from where he had been kidnapped, a sense of dread flooded over him and he figured they should get out of there as fast as possible.

Spotting a bus, he pointed her towards it, "Checkpoints are less likely to be applied to buses, the closer we get without being stopped to Li the more likely we are to see him." he said.

The bus ride to the outer edge of Li's governing compound was one which seemed an eternity even though traffic was light. Every single checkpoint turned Rhee's stomach into knots, as they finally got through to the outer gate. These men knew Rhee and were the most elite of the PLA soldiers so they'd likely be able to identify Angelika as well. Waving them through, they were quickly able to approach Li's personal area.

Li was still in a sour mood from his conversations with Zhou and Ming earlier, his office smelled strongly of liquor, yet fortunately he was not obliterated at this point. In fact it had put him into a foul enough mood to begin the process of sobering him up.

As Rhee walked in, he noticed the normally welcoming gaze of Li was decidedly cold and fixed on his companion.

"Detective Rhee." Li said. "I am glad that you've been finally able to report back... and you brought a friend. I was not aware that you were coming Princess Angelika, I would have prepared suitable protection, no member of the Imperial Family should travel [i]alone[/i] in this city." pausing on alone for emphasis.

The moment Angelika arrived in Li's office, she didn't like him. He was her brother-in-law, though until this time they had never met even informally and the smell of liquor coming from the room was nauseating. "I can take care of myself just fine, cousin. In fact, I've been scouring the region much better then your men have. Your detective here, would be little more than a Viking Brute if I hadn't stepped in, but I guess you've placed your consul in the forms of better men then what I can give you."

She knew that Ming was probably around the Deputy Imperator as well and so she kept her words vague. Even if he was around, there was no reason to implement him yet, those were words for Jia and Theresia. "Though, if I could get chartered back to the Imperial Residence, I would appreciate that. I need to speak with my sister's husband. It is very important. Can that be arranged?"

Li's eyes narrowed, [i]Why can she not speak to me, I am ruler here![/i] he thought to himself. His eyes shifted to Rhee, he could tell the man was reading him. [i]No... those two they have something planned.[/i]

Li cleared his throat, "I am afraid, the last flight for the night left back to China. But there is a truck convoy heading for China in the hour. I am sure, if you're up for it, you can make the long journey in the back." he said in almost a daring tone, not hiding his disdain for the life of luxury he imagined the Hapsburgs must have had in contrast to his own upbringing.

"Is the Princess leaving us so soon?" a voice almost hissed behind them them. Ming walked through the door. "My how unfortunate, I was looking forward to being graced with such lovely company for the evening." he continued making his way behind Angelika and to the wall perpendicular to Li's desk. He turned towards Rhee and smiled.

"Ah!" he said happily, "My how fortunate, my way ward patient, wherever did you run off to!" Ming said to Rhee.

Rhee held his temper, "I apologize. I ran into some things, with the Princess and then we ran into some old important friends... you know how it is." Rhee replied.

"Yes yes of course." Ming replied. "Shall we be getting back then?" he asked.

Rhee then turned to Angelika, "So we're on for your visit next month right?" he asked her, making it clear that Ming couldn't just turn him to brain goop.

"I wouldn't dream of missing it Rhee and I'll be back in Korea as soon as I can." She shook the detective's hand before turning back to Ming and glaring at him with her blue eyes. It was a warning and it was a telling that she would, eventually, be back. Then turning back to Li, the Princess nodded. "The convoy would be perfect, once I cross the border then I can worry about how to get to the Imperial Court. I appreciate you arranging it for me, cousin."

Before stepping out of the office, she smiled again at Rhee and then closed the door behind her. She had taken off the mechanic's uniform when they had gotten on the bus and began to shiver in the tank top and black pants that she sported as the Korean night began to over take them. But once she was on the convoy, the shivers would disappear and she had been in much worse conditions before. Repositioning the pistol in the back of her pants, she followed one of Li's men out to the back of his compound and into a waiting armored vehicle. There, with an entourage of other Federal soldiers, she looked extremely out of place.

Looking down the rows of eyes, Angelika shook her head. "Hey do any of you have a smoke I could borrow, I'd appreciate it." Most of the men shrugged, but finally a lone cigarette and lighter were passed down the line. She lit the cigarette and took a long drag as she blew a smoke ring out the back of the convoy. "What? You've never seen a Princess smoke before?" She said as the convoy drove off into the Korean night.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Rhee nodded, smiling sadly, realizing just then how much Angelika had done for him, but also what he was likely about to go through, "Thank you, I shall not forget your generosity, give my humblest gratitude to the Imperator and Empress as well." he said bowing.

His eyes then turned to Mings, "Alright you said you can help me. I'm going to take your word on this." he said.

Ming's red eyes seemed to flare, "Of course, you are a very very valuable man, we would not want to lose you yet."

With that Li was left in the office to himself, angry at what had just occurred, he felt like he was out of the loop on something very important. Pushing it to the back of his mind he took another drink.

[i]Several Hours Later[/i]

Concealing his identity Ming's hologram was projected to a group located outside Pyongyang. The group had been part of the Green Gang but had splintered off setting up their own private army of assassins for hire. The no mans land of the Korean capital with its huge inter sprawling complex of tunnels had become the perfect base to operate out of.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-MIczXJ2R9w/SnCIWCAMYqI/AAAAAAAAETc/OSkOO-w_Mx4/s400/800px-SidTPM.jpg[/img]

"There is a military convoy moving at considerable speed, that will be on the outskirts of Pyongyang in two hours, it must not be allowed to reach border into China or any air bases there. Under no circumstances should there be any survivors, but your primary target is a blond girl. You will be well rewarded for this mission. See it done." he said.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070225233245/starwars/images/thumb/e/ee/Sith_ass.jpg/250px-Sith_ass.jpg[/img]

A voice responded, "As you wish."

[i]Convoy road 12 kilometers west of Pyongyang[/i]

The assassins had taken up positions in the hills around the area. The force was moving as expected well armed, simple insurgent tactics would not be enough to take it out. Instead, two high frequency microwave devices were placed on timed releases.

Firing them, the trucks instantly stalled out skidding to a halt.

Because the HPM devices were both silent and invisible nothing would appear to indicate what had happened. Then it happened.

From all sides fire opened up into Angelika's convoy as the assassins expertly took down, even the skilled soldiers of the PLA. This was turning ugly fast.

When the convoy came to a grinding halt, Angelika felt herself thrown into the mess of legs and all the other soldiers seemed to groan and shout ahead, asking what was going on. Then, just as the Princess was pushing herself up from the floor of the convoy, Hell broke loose. The bullets pierced through the armor siding of the truck as unsuspecting men froze for a moment as lines of blood shot out from their mouths and necks covering the floor and splattering the Hapsburg sister. She watched as a few men jumped up from their seats, rushing out into the night landscape, only to be cut down by the endless storm of bullets and with the convoy being hacked to shreds there seemed to be no safe spot in the ambush.

Angelika bit her lip and felt a few tears stream down her face. There wasn't going to be a way out here, she was going to die in a barren valley and there was a good chance she wouldn't be found either. Still, there was no way she was going to simply just die in the convoy. Taking one of the rifles off the dead bodies, Angelika strapped it over her shoulder and jumped out of the convoy onto the cold ground. She may have gotten off, one, maybe two shots before the first bullet struck her leg. The Princess cried out in pain as she felt herself falling to the ground while another bullet struck her arm. She was finished and before her eyes began to close, Angelika could see the trails of blood making rivers around her body.

"Maybe...I...shouldn't...have...lef..."

She murmured before darkness enveloped her.

A second position of fire range out in the night, Assassins approaching the convoy began to fall to the ground. Firing from a rapid shot rifle, the sniper was cycling through targets at an incredible rate.

"You're good to go!" the voice said into his radio.

"Roger." the other replied.

Landing next to Angelika, a man appeared to move with fluidity through the night. He scooped up the Princess bringing her behind cover. "Ms. von Hapsburg." the black clad man said, "Are you alright are you hurt?" he asked.

"Two behind." the other voice said through his radio. Spinning around the black clad man drew a blade which glistened silver in the moonlight. Within a single stroke he slew both and sheathed his blade.

Predicting what came next, he ducked, as two muzzle flashes erupted from the night, they were assassin marksmen who had seen the flash of the blade. Exactly the bait that had been intended.

The sniper repositioned his scope firing twice into them. Both were direct hits.

"We've got confirmation, from drones overhead, these guys are bugging out." the sniper said.

"Roger. Lets get a chopper in here to get us to to the field hospital ship." the black clad man said.

He turned back to Angelika, "How are you feeling, it looks like you only have exit wounds." he said placing his hands on harm to see the wound.

He would soon be joined by the sniper as their position. "We're ten minutes out on the chopper." the sniper said.

"Princess your lucky we got here when we did." he said.

Angelika tried to open her eyes, her body still throbbing with a pain she had never felt before in her life. Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to move her ligaments around the masked soldier. Her left arm took his and she made a weak smile. "Just, please, get me out of here. I need to see the Imperator and my sister, I have..." Her eyes began to shut again as she took a deep breath trying to hold her being together. "I...just...want...to...sleep." She said and passed out in the man's arms.

Whether it was hours, days, or weeks later, Angelika opened her eyes and found herself in a white room resting on a comfortable bed, the rhythmic beeps sounding off her steady heart rate. She stat up frantically, remembering Rhee in the hospital and checked if there were any neon-blue vials around, seeing there weren't, she relaxed and took hold of the environment. Her right arm and left leg were both bandaged as well as a few strips of gauze that ran across her face. Someone had put her hair in a ponytail and a needle connected to an IV was feeding her nutrients.

Feeling that she was relatively safe, Angelika pressed the red button next to her to call for assistance. She still had a mission to do, she still had to speak to Jia and Theresia.

Ryu looked at Angelika as her eyes opened, "I see our Princess is awake." he said.

Chakri nodded, "You gave us quite the scare, though I have to say I am surprised to see you there. We were on our way tracking a signal when we found that ambush. It was by dumb luck we were able to react as we did."

Ryu smiled, "Anyways, I called the big boss, he's on his way, from the sound of it the Empress was carrying him on her back to get get here. They should be arriving in about twenty minutes. You are on the hospital ship [i]Mercy of Guanyin[/i] in the Yellow Sea. I am Ryu Hayabusa, Commander of the Left Hand of the Imperial Guard, this is Guard Captain Chakri, normally Princess Xuehua's body guard but he's been deputized into helping me hunt some blueish strange targets we've had moving through Korea.

We've been trying to get some data from that jack ass Ming and the Special Projects division on these things but he's been entirely unhelpful..." Ryu paused, "Sorry I shouldn't bore you with the details of our mission, I'm sure they don't interest someone such as yourself, needless to say, we got you and the other four survivors out safely, and your sister and the Imperator are on the way. We'll be here standing watch till then."

[b]John’s hotel room.

John: [/b]My time is here guys. Whether we defeat them or not this will be my last battle for earlier I felt the Dragon Death Sense. Kang will defeat me but that will not stop me from trying to take him out in the process. If I can damage and weaken him a lot it will maybe give you enough time to defeat him.

[b]Brian: [/b]What is the dragon death sense?

[b]Jesse: [/b]It is a sense or feeling that dragons get when they come to the end of their life. In this case he is about to go into a battle he knows he will not survive but that still won’t stop him from trying to weaken Kang for us.

[b]John: [/b]When I die you must find the person known as Detective Rhee Chang-sun. I don’t know how or why but the Council says that he is somehow the key in bringing down the Dragon Cult and bring peace back to the region. They say he was recently spotted running from the UFE authorities. I do not know why but they say that he must be kept safe or all will be lost.

[b]Jesse: [/b]We shall find him for you.

[b]John: [/b]Not for me, for you. The only thing I can do now is to weaken Kang as much as I can. The rest is up to you. Find him and together you shall all defeat the forces of evil and restore peace to this hellhole. GO NOW!

[b]Jesse: [/b]Yes sir. Goodbye grandfather. May you find the glory you seek in death.

Edited by jesbro

[center][b]Cascade of Anarchy[/b][/center]

The cult had organized itself somewhat.. and the awaited hour had come. Throughout the city buildings and installations critical to maintaining popular control, emergency, and financial services began to blow up. Not much C4 was used in each case.. but in each case it was on a major structural support of the building causing them to topple, implode, or otherwise crumble. The attacks were timed and the explosions went off together down to the same microsecond making a terrible roar throughout the city. Key buildings of cult allies did not fall, and some bargains had been made with some corrupt officials and criminal syndicates which resulted in their structures and safe-havens staying in tact. Government structures were relatively untouched because of the difficulty of smuggling the explosives.

Cultists would rush government checkpoints and throw themselves at key assets attempting to seize police and military hardware. They would enlist civilians where they could, warning that without compliance they could be next to be hit. Several city blocks fell to their control and they would put up sniper points and automatic rifle/machine gun nests among the rubble. Improvised explosives were laid among major transportation routes with monitors so they could determine which traffic they wanted to destroy or let pass. All the blocks that were seized were in financial or residential areas of the city.

Casualties were great among the cult, but where one fell they often brought down at least 10 in their own place due to their martyr natures. They had no fear. No care of dieing or not. After all, these people thought themselves to be mere characters in a book and were more than willing to die for their Dreamers' will in the vain hope they will be remembered for their sacrifices.

Kang watched the bloodshed from an underground temple. The temple could be anywhere in Incheon and would be difficult to find. He sipped on a martini while watching Incheon burn and crumble on TV. The temple was dark, he didn't need light. May as well save on power. "Well, dreamers, I hope you're happy. This should be.. a mighty spectacular display for you." He would state in reference to some unseen court of gods which monitored the world.

John would find that Kang would be incredibly difficult to find.. especially now that the city had erupted into anarchy. Merely surviving to locate him might be a challenge. Assuming he didn't get obliterated by one of the many explosions going on throughout the city.

The cult would also cause an uprising among the refugee camps, blaming the occupiers of the city for their lack of safety and the discord. They drove up a swell into an outright riot.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex