Good Morning From A Special Friend

Jtkode

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314362513' post='2788709']
I'm telling you that we are trying to be that alliance, an alliance set apart, but if we are giving no chance to be anything, when people say all this stuff about us, then we will never be anything, on the sole fact that no one has cared to even listen to us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Another blue stunt alliance for Polar is hardly something I would consider "distinguished" or "set apart." And no, holding a QnA session is not going to get their either. Learning to take criticism, even the real, hard, honest truths might be a good first step. I am not counting on seeing much though. It is a general consensus around these parts that you've quite the thin skin, and you cannot take it when people think your alliance is nothing special.[/color]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Another blue stunt alliance for Polar is hardly something I would consider "distinguished" or "set apart." And no, holding a QnA session is not going to get their either. Learning to take criticism, even the real, hard, honest truths might be a good first step. I am not counting on seeing much though. It is a general consensus around these parts that you've quite the thin skin, and you cannot take it when people think your alliance is nothing special. [/quote]

I'm honestly taking what everyone has to say seriously, and I'm going to use everything to better myself and my alliance. But I'm not going to sit around if I feel that someone is bashing us. Truly, I've tried not to let emotions get involved but they have to a certain extent. But this is because I truly love ARES, and everyone in it, I don't care about personal gain, I care about ARES doing good, and I don't want it to be goals of other alliances to disband us if there comes to be a war, (I want to fight defending our or our allies honor, because that is what I am, and our alliance is about), when we have some really great nations that are so true to our alliance.

Hey when did this get here? :P

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1314461894' post='2789349']
[color="#0000FF"]Another blue stunt alliance for Polar is hardly something I would consider "distinguished" or "set apart." And no, holding a QnA session is not going to get their either. Learning to take criticism, even the real, hard, honest truths might be a good first step. I am not counting on seeing much though. It is a general consensus around these parts that you've quite the thin skin, and you cannot take it when people think your alliance is nothing special.[/color]
[/quote]

I am curious as to what this "Blue stunt alliance for Polar" phrase means and why you use it to describe us. Any help there would be most appreciated. Also, every alliance is special in the unique sense as it has its own history, membership make-up, and beliefs. A general consensus can be misleading. :)

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1314407269' post='2789032']
Right about the part where ARES took a huge nosedive and you sat back and said, "well i'm not the leader" Even though you were the only person who had an actual chance of rectifying the situation, instead you just sat there and repeatedly said i can't do anything i'm only the second in command. I lost all respect for you and for most of ARES. A real leader doesn't care about titles and rank, they fix the problems and continue on with more work. That's how I built ARES, and it seemed to die right after I left, which coincidentally is the exact time you joined ARES.
[/quote]

Hey there, nice to see you again! Mind if I quote that second to last sentence? It is a keeper. :D

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1314450854' post='2789272']
No, im not offended by it, it just pisses me off when alliances try to pass off their [b]QnAs[/b] as [b]announcements[/b]
[/quote]

No confrontation intended, but wouldn't a QnA technically be an announcement? Reasoning for this includes an alliance announcing a QnA to one or more alliances in order to begin discussion.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314469556' post='2789402']
I'm honestly taking what everyone has to say seriously, and I'm going to use everything to better myself and my alliance. But I'm not going to sit around if I feel that someone is bashing us. Truly, I've tried not to let emotions get involved but they have to a certain extent. But this is because I truly love ARES, and everyone in it, I don't care about personal gain, I care about ARES doing good, and I don't want it to be goals of other alliances to disband us if there comes to be a war, (I want to fight defending our or our allies honor, because that is what I am, and our alliance is about), when we have some really great nations that are so true to our alliance.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yet when asked to justify your alliance you simply say that you "will not feed" me. Basically you have nothing of substance to say. That I must say does not leave me impressed. All I got out of this was that ARES exists to fight for your allies. You did mention fighting for ARES' own honor, but I find that hard to believe. Everything I have ever seen from ARES had to do with one of its allies. Never have I observed ARES doing a thing for itself. So as far as I am aware ARES is merely an extension of Polaris, much like all of the other stunt blues.[/color]

[quote name='partymaster' timestamp='1314471712' post='2789422']
I am curious as to what this "Blue stunt alliance for Polar" phrase means and why you use it to describe us. Any help there would be most appreciated. Also, every alliance is special in the unique sense as it has its own history, membership make-up, and beliefs. A general consensus can be misleading. :)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]"Stunt Blue Alliance #-" - A term I have started using for all of the terrible blue alliances surrounding Polar. Alliances such as UINE, FAR, TKTB, or at one time TIO and TLW. There is nothing special about alliances. Just some untalented hack getting a delusion of grandeur, thinking he's important, and starting his own alliance. Polar of course protects it. It'll occasionally (see UINE or TKTB) cause some problems for Polaris when the ego gets too big and whoever is running Polar fails to rail them in (but I digress), but usually is pretty quiet and exists only to act as a little (and I put emphasis on "little") extra muscle for Polar. Yeah, that's your stunt blue alliance. A generic, cookie-cutter, and objectively terrible alliance protected by Polar (I do not care if your treaty is an MDoAP or whatever, you're still a protectorate and your relationship is not one of equals).

Also, since your parents clearly failed teaching you this lesson, you are not a special and unique snowflake. Neither is your alliance.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]Yet when asked to justify your alliance you simply say that you "will not feed" me. Basically you have nothing of substance to say. That I must say does not leave me impressed. All I got out of this was that ARES exists to fight for your allies. You did mention fighting for ARES' own honor, but I find that hard to believe. Everything I have ever seen from ARES had to do with one of its allies. Never have I observed ARES doing a thing for itself. So as far as I am aware ARES is merely an extension of Polaris, much like all of the other stunt blues. [/quote]

Honestly Rebel, when you first asked a question, it was saying, do you agree with me that your alliance is s***, and I answered it, I would have gone more in depth if you had asked a honest question, but I was sure that anything I had to say to what you posted wouldn't have been enough for you, so I didn't bother, but honestly I'd love to tell you everything about our internal workings, and external workings in ARES, just ask.

I agree rebel as well, everything anyone has seen from ARES has to do with our allies, totally. This frustrates me ALL THE TIME too! Seriously, its just ARES doesn't have beef with anyone, were peaceful, and just sit and chat with our members and have a good time building our nations, we don't look for fights, ever. But if one was to come to us, we would expect our allies to do the same for us. So we set the president, we fight for our allies when they need us, because I assume they would do the same for us.

I do however disagree with you thinking we are an extension of Polar, I'm close to their gov't and I'm certain its not the case, I know they would defend us at any cost.

[quote]"Stunt Blue Alliance #-" - A term I have started using for all of the terrible blue alliances surrounding Polar. Alliances such as UINE, FAR, TKTB, or at one time TIO and TLW. There is nothing special about alliances. Just some untalented hack getting a delusion of grandeur, thinking he's important, and starting his own alliance. Polar of course protects it. It'll occasionally (see UINE or TKTB) cause some problems for Polaris when the ego gets too big and whoever is running Polar fails to rail them in (but I digress), but usually is pretty quiet and exists only to act as a little (and I put emphasis on "little") extra muscle for Polar. Yeah, that's your stunt blue alliance. A generic, cookie-cutter, and objectively terrible alliance protected by Polar (I do not care if your treaty is an MDoAP or whatever, you're still a protectorate and your relationship is not one of equals).

Also, since your parents clearly failed teaching you this lesson, you are not a special and unique snowflake. Neither is your alliance. [/quote]

To be honest, the sole fact that we are allied to GOD and CSN should debunk the accusation that we are Polaris stunts. Were not only allied to that side of the web at all, I like a lot of their allies, but were not in a position where we totally and solely appease Polaris.

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314472537' post='2789432']
Honestly Rebel, when you first asked a question, it was saying, do you agree with me that your alliance is s***, and I answered it, I would have gone more in depth if you had asked a honest question, but I was sure that anything I had to say to what you posted wouldn't have been enough for you, so I didn't bother, but honestly I'd love to tell you everything about our internal workings, and external workings in ARES, just ask.

I agree rebel as well, everything anyone has seen from ARES has to do with our allies, totally. This frustrates me ALL THE TIME too! Seriously, its just ARES doesn't have beef with anyone, were peaceful, and just sit and chat with our members and have a good time building our nations, we don't look for fights, ever. But if one was to come to us, we would expect our allies to do the same for us. So we set the president, we fight for our allies when they need us, because I assume they would do the same for us.

I do however disagree with you thinking we are an extension of Polar, I'm close to their gov't and I'm certain its not the case, I know they would defend us at any cost.

To be honest, the sole fact that we are allied to GOD and CSN should debunk the accusation that we are Polaris stunts. Were not only allied to that side of the web at all, I like a lot of their allies, but were not in a position where we totally and solely appease Polaris.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're right. I should not have asked you if you agree that your alliance is !@#$. I was wrong to do that. My asking you whether or not you [i]realized[/i] that your alliance is !@#$ would have been far more appropriate and more suited to the discussion we are having.

Based on this answer, I would say that on a subconscious level you do realize that ARES is an alliance not worth continuing with. You say you are frustrated that people only think of ARES when one of your allies does something. You say that you will fight for them whenever they need it, and I believe that. But overall you say you are peaceful, have no beef with anyone, and just enjoying sitting about. It is like you are almost neutral, but occasionally want a fight. That is why you have friends. So that they can pick one and you can get a fight. You go in when you like, and get out when you like. No one hates you enough to push for anything hard or harsh, because ARES is such a non-factor it is not worth it.

ARES in itself is not an issue. But when there are a hundred alliances just like you all you do is cause global stagnation. You would be better off simply merging into an alliance that actually has some self-motivation and strives to be more than just "that alliance's ally." Your doing nothing holds us all back.[/color]

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314472537' post='2789432']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]When push comes to shove ARES historically ignore its other allies in favor of Polar, as Lurwhomever so kindly pointed out earlier. That SF and Polaris are currently on the chopping block together is of no consequence. ARES will always be a Stunt Blue.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]You're right. I should not have asked you if you agree that your alliance is !@#$. I was wrong to do that. My asking you whether or not you realized that your alliance is !@#$ would have been far more appropriate and more suited to the discussion we are having.

Based on this answer, I would say that on a subconscious level you do realize that ARES is an alliance not worth continuing with. You say you are frustrated that people only think of ARES when one of your allies does something. You say that you will fight for them whenever they need it, and I believe that. But overall you say you are peaceful, have no beef with anyone, and just enjoying sitting about. It is like you are almost neutral, but occasionally want a fight. That is why you have friends. So that they can pick one and you can get a fight. You go in when you like, and get out when you like. No one hates you enough to push for anything hard or harsh, because ARES is such a non-factor it is not worth it.

ARES in itself is not an issue. But when there are a hundred alliances just like you all you do is cause global stagnation. You would be better off simply merging into an alliance that actually has some self-motivation and strives to be more than just "that alliance's ally." Your doing nothing holds us all back.[/quote]

ARES is an alliance to continue because we all have fun as members, and we like doing things our own way - intra alliance

We fight wars because we expect our allies to come to our aid if we need them to, my alliance actually [u]doesn't[/u] like war at all, but they realize we need to protect allies so we can get the protection back if we need it. The reason I've pulled out of the last two wars early was because my membership wanted it, personally I would have fought for a longer time.

And yes, right now, were sitting having no beef with anyone, not to be Polaris's go to alliance though. Rebel, you fail to realize that I've been in the alliance for two years, and I'm actually a really passive person, I'm absolutely not stagnant, I understand what that word means in its entirety, and I am not it. But if something was to jeopardize the fundamentals of ARES and there was no way to diplomatically work things out, (or in short terms, if someone was to honestly tick me the **** off), you would see hell to pay, I've never felt that our military is inadequate, our MoW is a smart guy, and I'm sure he would lead us and our allies to war in a fashionable manner. I am not scared to wage a offensive war, its just, there has been absolutely no reason to. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a show from us, but just because we haven't done anything doesn't mean we aren't capable of doing so.

Id like to stress as well, we attacked FOK in the last war and were countered and only fought alongside our great allies Genesis, we had a lot of heat on us, and got hurt pretty bad, this time has all been the rebuilding phase, now were ready to come back to politics and show people what we have and who we are. (but we also have kept in constant communications with our allies, just kept a little quiet on the OWF.)

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314474201' post='2789457']
ARES is an alliance to continue because we all have fun as members, and we like doing things our own way - intra alliance

We fight wars because we expect our allies to come to our aid if we need them to, my alliance actually [u]doesn't[/u] like war at all, but they realize we need to protect allies so we can get the protection back if we need it. The reason I've pulled out of the last two wars early was because my membership wanted it, personally I would have fought for a longer time.

And yes, right now, were sitting having no beef with anyone, not to be Polaris's go to alliance though. Rebel, you fail to realize that I've been in the alliance for two years, and I'm actually a really passive person, I'm absolutely not stagnant, I understand what that word means in its entirety, and I am not it. But if something was to jeopardize the fundamentals of ARES and there was no way to diplomatically work things out, (or in short terms, if someone was to honestly tick me the **** off), you would see hell to pay, I've never felt that our military is inadequate, our MoW is a smart guy, and I'm sure he would lead us and our allies to war in a fashionable manner. I am not scared to wage a offensive war, its just, there has been absolutely no reason to. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a show from us, but just because we haven't done anything doesn't mean we aren't capable of doing so.

Id like to stress as well, we attacked FOK in the last war and were countered and only fought alongside our great allies Genesis, we had a lot of heat on us, and got hurt pretty bad, this time has all been the rebuilding phase, now were ready to come back to politics and show people what we have and who we are. (but we also have kept in constant communications with our allies, just kept a little quiet on the OWF.)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I didn't know it was possibly, but I just became even less impressed with your alliance. If you fellows truly go to war only to ensure you're protected might I just suggest writing up a Declaration of Neutrality and having people sign it? GPA did get attacked, true, but most wouldn't go for it these days and you'd find plenty of alliance willing to help you out.

But for the love of God, if you don't want to do anything get out of the treaty web and quit cluttering it up. We need less neutral wannabes.[/color]

[quote]I didn't know it was possibly, but I just became even less impressed with your alliance. If you fellows truly go to war only to ensure you're protected might I just suggest writing up a Declaration of Neutrality and having people sign it? GPA did get attacked, true, but most wouldn't go for it these days and you'd find plenty of alliance willing to help you out.

But for the love of God, if you don't want to do anything get out of the treaty web and quit cluttering it up. We need less neutral wannabes. [/quote]

The treaty web is designed to keep everyone safe from attacks, and you know, when it comes down to it, alliances protect one another so one day when they are on the hot seat they will be protected. Its just how it works. Our members, along with myself have strong friendships with our allies, were on their boards, and we have kept up great communication throughout the last year with them and will continue to do so.

Were peaceful in the fact that we respond to everything diplomatically first and have had no problems, no reasons to go to war aggressively.

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1314473108' post='2789438']
When push comes to shove ARES historically ignore its other allies in favor of Polar, as Lurwhomever so kindly pointed out earlier. That SF and Polaris are currently on the chopping block together is of no consequence. ARES will always be a Stunt Blue.
[/quote]

ARES was not allied to CSN at the time of NpO-VE, just GOD. They offered to split their forces between the sides as RIA did - as did Genesis, for that matter - but we had discussed that eventuality a good deal of time before the war broke out, and GOD had no objections to both siding with Polaris. We have been in such a spot before ourselves - prior to UJW - and I had no intention of trying to break my allies by forcing them one way or another. I know/knew ARES and Genesis to be stalwart and I knew that them being on the other side in a single war wasn't going to make much difference to the relationship long-term.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314475104' post='2789465']
The treaty web is designed to keep everyone safe from attacks, and you know, when it comes down to it, alliances protect one another so one day when they are on the hot seat they will be protected. Its just how it works. Our members, along with myself have strong friendships with our allies, were on their boards, and we have kept up great communication throughout the last year with them and will continue to do so.

Were peaceful in the fact that we respond to everything diplomatically first and have had no problems, no reasons to go to war aggressively.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That you look at the treaty web (something I personally despise) as a security blanket.... Yes, your alliance should disband. Don't even bother merging. Just disband.[/color]

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1314476146' post='2789475']
them being on the other side in a single war
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]One of these days you will have to explain to us all your concept of "sides." As a sane observer I must admit you seem a bit erratic and inconsistent in your assigning of alliances to "sides." In fact, this has led to some alliances betraying "sides" that they were unaware they were on.[/color]

ARES was not allied to CSN at the time of NpO-VE, just GOD. They offered to split their forces between the sides as RIA did - as did Genesis, for that matter - but we had discussed that eventuality a good deal of time before the war broke out, and GOD had no objections to both siding with Polaris. We have been in such a spot before ourselves - prior to UJW - and [b]I had no intention of trying to break my allies by forcing them one way or another.[/b] I know/knew ARES and Genesis to be stalwart and I knew that them being on the other side in a single war wasn't going to make much difference to the relationship long-term.
[/quote]

From your historic actions of giving your allies ultimatums and forcing issues that you disagree with to a head, I find this hard to believe, though I suspect it was because ARES really did not matter to the war and you couldnt be bothered...

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1314476646' post='2789482']
From your historic actions of giving your allies ultimatums and forcing issues that you disagree with to a head, I find this hard to believe, though I suspect it was because ARES really did not matter to the war and you couldnt be bothered...
[/quote]

I can think of few people less qualified to insinuate my motives than you. Furthermore, ARES/Genesis/GOD had actual talks to this effect before and during the war. You don't know me all that well if you think I 'tier' my allies based on how much they 'matter'.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote]That you look at the treaty web (something I personally despise) as a security blanket.... Yes, your alliance should disband. Don't even bother merging. Just disband.[/quote]

Sad you think that way, but no can do.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1314476893' post='2789483']I can think of few people less qualified to insinuate my motives than you. Furthermore, ARES/Genesis/GOD had actual talks to this effect before and during the war. You don't know me all that well if you think I 'tier' my allies based on how much they 'matter'.
[/quote]

I dont need to insinuate anything, your actions have been all over the OWF for years.

Edited by chefjoe

ARES was not allied to CSN at the time of NpO-VE, just GOD. They offered to split their forces between the sides as RIA did - as did Genesis, for that matter - but we had discussed that eventuality a good deal of time before the war broke out, and GOD had no objections to both siding with Polaris. We have been in such a spot before ourselves - prior to UJW - and I had no intention of trying to break my allies by forcing them one way or another. I know/knew ARES and Genesis to be stalwart and I knew that them being on the other side in a single war wasn't going to make much difference to the relationship long-term.
[/quote]

You had no problems with ARES and Genesis siding with Polaris, but you did with Rok? Then you go on to say you don't tier your allies?

Anyway, I'm glad you made this thread so the whole world knows of your incredible Leadership abilities. Want to improve ARES? LEAVE.

[quote]Anyway, I'm glad you made this thread so the whole world knows of your incredible Leadership abilities. Want to improve ARES? LEAVE. [/quote]

You are so wrong Joe, but as I've said before in this thread, you are entitled to your own opinion. But again, if you'd ever like to chat it up, I'd love to discuss ARES, anything about us, internally, externally, with you, it would be my pleasure.

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314489974' post='2789602']
You are so wrong Joe, but as I've said before in this thread, you are entitled to your own opinion. But again, if you'd ever like to chat it up, I'd love to discuss ARES, anything about us, internally, externally, with you, it would be my pleasure.
[/quote]

Isn't the point of this thread to discuss anything about ARES? :wacko:

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1314491231' post='2789613']
Why not do it here? What makes you a good leader? Where are all of the other members of ARES?
[/quote]

What makes you one? Give it a !@#$@#$ rest.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1314400998' post='2788972']
You're essentially saying people take issue with their lack of scummy qualities, of which we all hate and point out in one another? It's usually the lower key alliances that have people with integrity on this game, not the other way around.
[/quote]
That's exactly what I'm saying. Nowadays people tend to appreciate people who shake things up more than people who don't. That doesn't necessarily include me, but I think the presence of that attitude is undeniable.

[quote]Why not do it here? What makes you a good leader? Where are all of the other members of ARES? [/quote]

Have you read this thread:

[quote]
I like to think I'm a good leader because I have good organization skills and I can get my ministers together and get projects done, this is shown recently with our PM messaging system and our previous aid drive, we sent out 9 PM's every two days to help educate our nations on everything about the game, it was an awesome turnout and everything was sent out on time. Our forums get more and more active by the day, and our moral is at an all time high, so for this, I would say I'm a capable leader.[/quote]

And if you looked through this thread you would have seen Caossal, Partymaster, Iamgil, and GeneralDolan.

[quote]Isn't the point of this thread to discuss anything about ARES? :wacko: [/quote]

It didn't seem like he wanted to discuss it since he didn't even pose a question about it, he just rambles on how bad of a ruler I am without backing it up.

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1314492106' post='2789620']
Isn't the point of this thread to discuss anything about ARES? :wacko:
[/quote]
Yup. :)

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1314491231' post='2789613']
Why not do it here? Where are all of the other members of ARES?
[/quote]

For the first, no idea. for the second, they are: dealing with weather anomalies, watching soccer games, working on projects, or in stasis (that project to colonize Planet Melinda didn't go so well, it is a bit too chilly out there.)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1314473108' post='2789438']
[color="#0000FF"]When push comes to shove ARES historically ignore its other allies in favor of Polar, as Lurwhomever so kindly pointed out earlier. That SF and Polaris are currently on the chopping block together is of no consequence. ARES will always be a Stunt Blue.[/color]
[/quote]

For as long as I have been an active part of government, we have not ignored other allies in favor of one. That I can guarantee. Thanks for your clarification, but ARES is not "a Stunt Blue".

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1314492219' post='2789621']
What makes you one? Give it a !@#$@#$ rest.
[/quote]

Strike a soft spot?

@Ares members, where do you see your alliance in 6 months? Do you see any major changes in your FA?