• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1314332334' post='2788580']
youre wrong

not existing == being dead
existing == alive

therefore posting about how youre not dead, is really just saying you exist. because youre wrong and have a terrible alliance, you should disband
[/quote]

As much as i loathe to say things like "i've never actually heard of your alliance", i don't believe you have much ground to stand on in that regards to relevance, mate.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

Oh man this is rich. Congrats on not being dead yet. But it'll happen soon. Some alliances just need to die, and this one heads the list.

Jtkode, when will you step down and give the reigns to someone with more capabilities then yourself? I'd even be happy with RyanGDI at this point.

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314299795' post='2788247']

I beleive there is some dislike between some alliances, and to name a specific person, JoeStupid himself has said that he wants to disband ARES by attacking us. And I wonder to this day what his reasoning behind this is.

[/quote]

You know I hate it when you stroke my ego. My reasoning is you ran my once decent alliance into the ground, and it continues to survive, and everyday you lead it, my anger grows more. I don't want to disband ARES, just get you and your idiotic ways out of ARES.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314311753' post='2788354']
Well tbh, we did have a MDoAP with Halsa, and TT disbanded.
[/quote]

you make absolutely no sense, yes you had an MDoAP with Halsa, but you still had your MADP BLOC with TYR/LOUD/Halsa as well (which trumped any other treaty you had at the time). I know for a fact there were some bad relations with you guys and TYR/LOUD after that war that never were resolved, hel to this day there's still resentment of you guys for wat you did to the bloc.

Also TT "officially" disbanded [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87346&st=0]June 11[/url], TYR left a month before...ARES involvement in Bipolar started Jan 26 (after stringing your bloc mates along regarding how you were going to enter the front), and ended [ur=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79475]Jan 29th[/url]...now you cant say there wasnt enough time to start up a simple QnA to mend relations like this fine thread is for right?

Though I do feel like I need to stress one thing from the disbandment thread of TT:

[quote][b]The Teen Titans have been more than a pact between alliances, it has been a pact between friends, and brothers.[/b] Through this time, we have seen the highs and lows and everything in between. As an original signatory of TT I can tell you that [i]we had the best ideas and high goals for this bloc, but it never seemed to work out for us.[/i][/quote]

the bold part made me laugh, you stood opposite your "brothers" numerous times on various issues and road blocked ideas that were brought up to save the bloc itself. As for the italicized part...i'd be happy to see proof if you have any?
-
-
-
now i might be ranting on and on about this but seriously, the PPO were given an invite into the bloc as a way to keep ARES from tearing it apart. We eventually turned down the invite after learning more about the situation that was at hand and deciding that it was against our better interests to sign on, however we still had love for TYR and still do :wub: and i even try to keep in contact with some former LOUD remnants if i can find them.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314311753' post='2788354']
To be honest Magnet, if I believe for a second we are on the wrong track, I will end it, but truly I love our membership, and I love our alliance, its my home, and a place where I can consider myself at home in game, doesn't seem to be the wrong track for me.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314333709' post='2788600']
Care to explain why were SOOOOOOOOOOO terrible? Or are you going to be like the rest, and bandwagon, when in all actuality you look like a fool.
[/quote]
I believe that the beef that people have with ARES... well, beef is the wrong word, I'd call it more of a distaste.... anyway. The distaste people have with ARES is that you guys are a typical cookie-cutter coattail-riding alliance. Not that that's a bad thing, you guys are clearly happy where you are, but the fact is, I can't remember a time where ARES set itself apart from the masses who declare existence, write a charter, periodically post an announcements and follow treaties of their more driven allies.

In a sense, Rebel Virginia is very much correct (as he tends to be) in saying that alliances like ARES serve the purpose of propping up a few leaders on a soapbox than acting as any driving political force or meeting the desires of an active community in their member base.

[quote]You know I hate it when you stroke my ego. My reasoning is you ran my once decent alliance into the ground, and it continues to survive, and everyday you lead it, my anger grows more. I don't want to disband ARES, just get you and your idiotic ways out of ARES.[/quote]

I'm curious Joe, what do you think running an alliance into the ground means, does it mean having support from your gov't, having a steady gain of NS, having valuable activie governemnt, having allies that I know will be there with me? Because if thats so, I'm [u]such[/u] a horrible leader.

But in all honesty, all I can think of, is that you don't like be because of the sole fact that I don't have the same choice in allies as you do, and that kinda makes me laugh.

Oh and by the way, Your trying to blame someone, as I've said before I just took the reins four months ago-ish. That doesn't mean I didn't have the power before to do something, but I was extremely busy in [ooc]real life[/ooc]. How can you blame someone for that haha, oh and base all your critisizm on it as well.

[quote]the bold part made me laugh, you stood opposite your "brothers" numerous times on various issues and road blocked ideas that were brought up to save the bloc itself. As for the italicized part...i'd be happy to see proof if you have any?
-
-
-
now i might be ranting on and on about this but seriously, the PPO were given an invite into the bloc as a way to keep ARES from tearing it apart. We eventually turned down the invite after learning more about the situation that was at hand and deciding that it was against our better interests to sign on, however we still had love for TYR and still do :wub: and i even try to keep in contact with some former LOUD remnants if i can find them. [/quote]

If you read this thread, you would maybe understand a little better what happened here, I never said that this was a highligh of ARES history, once I understood our fault, I did do everything in my power to try and resolve the issue, truly I went to TYR gov't but it was too late to resolve anything, I went to EVERY SF alliance and made a QnA on their boards, took a LOT of damage, when I wasn't even in gov't at the time. it took months on scrutiny to even get anywhere, but I did, because I was and am truly sorry.

I must say as well that I have had some best friends in game in TYR and I'm pissed at the way it turned out, because truly we could have done something in the bloc, so again, I'm sorry for the ways things turned out.

[quote]I can't remember a time where ARES set itself apart from the masses who declare existence, write a charter, periodically post an announcements and follow treaties of their more driven allies.

In a sense, Rebel Virginia is very much correct (as he tends to be) in saying that alliances like ARES serve the purpose of propping up a few leaders on a soapbox than acting as any driving political force or meeting the desires of an active community in their member base. [/quote]

I'm telling you that we are trying to be that alliance, an alliance set apart, but if we are giving no chance to be anything, when people say all this stuff about us, then we will never be anything, on the sole fact that no one has cared to even listen to us.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314362513' post='2788709']
I'm curious Joe, what do you think running an alliance into the ground means, does it mean having support from your gov't, having a steady gain of NS, having valuable activie governemnt, having allies that I know will be there with me? Because if thats so, I'm [u]such[/u] a horrible leader.
[/quote]
now your playing the dangerous "We're growing and active" game, when everyone knows its not numbers that make you a good leader. Please elaborate on what sets you apart from other leasders.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314362513' post='2788709']
I'm telling you that we are trying to be that alliance, an alliance set apart, but if we are giving no chance to be anything, when people say all this stuff about us, then we will never be anything, on the sole fact that no one has cared to even listen to us.
[/quote]
You obviously dont understand how things work around here. You dont just show up and expect ppl to listen, in fact you should always expect ppl to hate you until you have good reasons not to be hated. You have to earn your place on planet bob, and then ppl will listen. Distinguish yourself!! Being a distinguished alliance has nothing to do with ppl listening to you (although it does help a bit)

Also, please refrain from telling us you exist in the future. We'll know you dont exist when you tell us your disbanding.

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1314303106' post='2788284']
actually its only 3. depending on how you point, you could be pointing with your pointer and thumb. or you could be pointing one at them, one at the guy next to you, and 3 back at yourself
The More You Know!:D
[/quote]

You are assuming someone that has all 5 fingers.. Depending how many fingers one may have all of them may be point foward. we are also assuming someone with a functional hand. :awesome:

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1314338591' post='2788646']
I believe that the beef that people have with ARES... well, beef is the wrong word, I'd call it more of a distaste.... anyway. The distaste people have with ARES is that you guys are a typical cookie-cutter coattail-riding alliance. Not that that's a bad thing, you guys are clearly happy where you are, but the fact is, I can't remember a time where ARES set itself apart from the masses who declare existence, write a charter, periodically post an announcements and follow treaties of their more driven allies.

In a sense, Rebel Virginia is very much correct (as he tends to be) in saying that alliances like ARES serve the purpose of propping up a few leaders on a soapbox than acting as any driving political force or meeting the desires of an active community in their member base.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58615&st=0"]Now now, Remember your history boy!!![/url] ARES did a lot for you, when it didn't need to so a single thing for you.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64387&st=0"]This[/url] was the time ARES stopped being ARES, and became the very !@#$%* alliance we see today. Sorry Jtkode, you really suck as a leader. Stats mean nothing when talking about leadership.

Also, are you sure you want to pick a fight with the Lord of War from Ragnarok? I mean we didn't fight well last war, but you sure as hell aren't PC.

Edit: stupid links

Edited by Nigro Nigronious

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1314363367' post='2788714']
You obviously dont understand how things work around here. You dont just show up and expect ppl to listen, in fact you should always expect ppl to hate you until you have good reasons not to be hated. You have to earn your place on planet bob, and then ppl will listen. Distinguish yourself!! Being a distinguished alliance has nothing to do with ppl listening to you (although it does help a bit)

Also, please refrain from telling us you exist in the future. We'll know you dont exist when you tell us your disbanding.
[/quote]

I'm not sure who you are or who your alliance is, but I like the cut of your jib! Preach on! This announcement is ridiculous. The only thing I can gather from this is that jtkode is terrible at handling criticism, has no idea what leadership means, and has no idea how respect is earned.

[quote name='phillip110' timestamp='1314373506' post='2788763']
I'm not sure who you are or who your alliance is, but I like the cut of your jib! Preach on! This announcement is ridiculous. The only thing I can gather from this is that jtkode is terrible at handling criticism, has no idea what leadership means, and has no idea how respect is earned.
[/quote]

We have a winner.

[quote]when everyone knows its not numbers that make you a good leader. Please elaborate on what sets you apart from other leasders.[/quote]

I like to think I'm a good leader because I have good organization skills and I can get my ministers together and get projects done, this is shown recently with our PM messaging system and our previous aid drive, we sent out 9 PM's every two days to help educate our nations on everything about the game, it was an awesome turnout and everything was sent out on time. Our forums get more and more active by the day, and our moral is at an all time high, so for this, I would say I'm a capable leader.

[quote]You dont just show up and expect ppl to listen, in fact you should always expect ppl to hate you until you have good reasons not to be hated. You have to earn your place on planet bob, and then ppl will listen. Distinguish yourself!! Being a distinguished alliance has nothing to do with ppl listening to you (although it does help a bit)

Also, please refrain from telling us you exist in the future. We'll know you dont exist when you tell us your disbanding. [/quote]

I do hear a little good words here, I agree with you, we are trying to do such. I'm not here today to scream in people ears that we are alive, though its a point in this thread to show that we are a working alliance, it is also to have people come, and maybe even ask some positive questions, about how our alliance works, what we do internally, how we act with our allies, how strong our bonds really are, stuff like that, but truly I've gotten nothing about that, why, because people may not like our allies, but the whole or ARES does, and thats what matters to me.

[quote]Sorry Jtkode, you really suck as a leader. Stats mean nothing when talking about leadership.

Also, are you sure you want to pick a fight with the Lord of War from Ragnarok? I mean we didn't fight well last war, but you sure as hell aren't PC.
[/quote]

I'd love to discuss how I run my alliance with you personally, and then if you have comments, questions, anything to say, I'd love to hear it.

And no, I've never said once I want to attack RoK, they are our former allies, and I wish no ill will towards them... I think Joe is hoenstly a smart player, and if he didn't absolutely call me out for keeping ARES alive, and practically hate me...along with wanting to ZI me (I need to take a breath)... Then I'd actually like the guy, because in all honesty he did a lot for ARES.

[quote]I'm not sure who you are or who your alliance is, but I like the cut of your jib! Preach on! This announcement is ridiculous. The only thing I can gather from this is that jtkode is terrible at handling criticism, has no idea what leadership means, and has no idea how respect is earned. [/quote]

I'm not saying I want respect in general, I want the respect any working alliance should have, like people not yelling saying were dead 24/7 when we are honestly making that effort to survive and thrive. Its basic respect that I believe everyone deserves.

I would also like to say that I [u]would[/u], maybe contrary to popular belief, [i]love[/i] to make up with Joe, he was a great honest, true, freaking [b]friend[/b] of mine, and I don't even know where that went astray.

Edited by Jtkode

[quote]I believe that the beef that people have with ARES... well, beef is the wrong word, I'd call it more of a distaste.... anyway. The distaste people have with ARES is that you guys are a typical cookie-cutter coattail-riding alliance. Not that that's a bad thing, you guys are clearly happy where you are, but the fact is, I can't remember a time where ARES set itself apart from the masses who declare existence, write a charter, periodically post an announcements and follow treaties of their more driven allies.[/quote]

You're essentially saying people take issue with their lack of scummy qualities, of which we all hate and point out in one another? It's usually the lower key alliances that have people with integrity on this game, not the other way around.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314400364' post='2788969']
I'm not saying I want respect in general, I want the respect any working alliance should have, like people not yelling saying were dead 24/7 when we are honestly making that effort to survive and thrive. Its basic respect that I believe everyone deserves.
[/quote]

Noone just deserves respect. Especially not someone who feels the need to remind us that their alliance exists. You see, most people do not actively hate or dislike you, they just dont give a $%&@. So go run your alliance and stop worrying what we think about you, im sur you have bigger problems. (BTW a competent/capable leader does not make announcements that are just him/her exercising their bloated ego)

[quote]Noone just deserves respect. Especially not someone who feels the need to remind us that their alliance exists. You see, most people do not actively hate or dislike you, they just dont give a $%&@. So go run your alliance and stop worrying what we think about you, im sur you have bigger problems. (BTW a competent/capable leader does not make announcements that are just him/her exercising their bloated ego)[/quote]

I really would have liked to have just a nice QnA

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1314400364' post='2788969']

I would also like to say that I [u]would[/u], maybe contrary to popular belief, [i]love[/i] to make up with Joe, he was a great honest, true, freaking [b]friend[/b] of mine, and I don't even know where that went astray.
[/quote]

Right about the part where ARES took a huge nosedive and you sat back and said, "well i'm not the leader" Even though you were the only person who had an actual chance of rectifying the situation, instead you just sat there and repeatedly said i can't do anything i'm only the second in command. I lost all respect for you and for most of ARES. A real leader doesn't care about titles and rank, they fix the problems and continue on with more work. That's how I built ARES, and it seemed to die right after I left, which coincidentally is the exact time you joined ARES.

[quote name='Nigro Nigronious' timestamp='1314372844' post='2788759']
Also, are you sure you want to pick a fight with the Lord of War from Ragnarok? I mean we didn't fight well last war, but you sure as hell aren't PC. [/quote]
Hurr durr threats of war because of a disagreement on the OWF.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1314403446' post='2788995']
Noone just deserves respect. Especially not someone who feels the need to remind us that their alliance exists. You see, most people do not actively hate or dislike you, they just dont give a $%&@. So go run your alliance and stop worrying what we think about you, im sur you have bigger problems. (BTW a competent/capable leader does not make announcements that are just him/her exercising their bloated ego)
[/quote]
I was under the impression this was a QnA thread, many alliances post them so I must ask what has offended you so much about ARES doing one?

EDIT:
[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1314407269' post='2789032']
Right about the part where ARES took a huge nosedive and you sat back and said, "well i'm not the leader" Even though you were the only person who had an actual chance of rectifying the situation, instead you just sat there and repeatedly said i can't do anything i'm only the second in command. I lost all respect for you and for most of ARES. A real leader doesn't care about titles and rank, they fix the problems and continue on with more work. That's how I built ARES, and it seemed to die right after I left, which coincidentally is the exact time you joined ARES.
[/quote]
Joe, having known ARES for as long as I have I've become friends with its different generations of leadership most notably You/draov and Jtkode/Barix(when he was in it) I'd love to help the two of you resolve the issues that currently plague your relationship with your old alliance. I'm sure Kode would agree if you wanted to do this.

Edited by James Maximus

[quote name='Nigro Nigronious' timestamp='1314372844' post='2788759']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58615&st=0"]Now now, Remember your history boy!!![/url] ARES did a lot for you, when it didn't need to so a single thing for you.
[/quote]
IIRC, some rogue member of their alliance got butthurt because his 3 million dollar warchest ran out and posted a faux-white peace announcement after the leader pledged to stay in with us. Joe Stupid then rectified the situation with that post. I'm guessing you're being sarcastic by the tone of your post, though.

A good leader never has to explain his or herself. A good leaders ability is simply taken for granted. When was the last time we saw the head of the NPO, or Valhalla, IRON, Umbrella, MK and so on come onto the forums to try and convince everyone they are good leaders? Leadership is a self evidently quality. If you have to try and convince people you have it, you don't have it.

Edited by Aeros

Congratulations on deciding to face the wind-wall of scorn this announcement has created and now blows down upon you.

I don't agree with some of the things said by the OP but putting one's self out there and keeping a cool head should be applauded. Being in the spotlight of a hostile audience can be daunting, so... good luck, I suppose.

Now actually do something cool.

[quote]Right about the part where ARES took a huge nosedive and you sat back and said, "well i'm not the leader" Even though you were the only person who had an actual chance of rectifying the situation, instead you just sat there and repeatedly said i can't do anything i'm only the second in command. I lost all respect for you and for most of ARES. A real leader doesn't care about titles and rank, they fix the problems and continue on with more work. That's how I built ARES, and it seemed to die right after I left, which coincidentally is the exact time you joined ARES.[/quote]

The thing is Joe I understand where you are coming from and I I've wanted to talk to you about why I made the statement about me being second in command, [oocissues], that had a huge effect on my ability to run the alliance, or bring it to its former state or status, but I'm here now, and I'm trying to rectify situations that I could very well have caused.

[quote]Joe, having known ARES for as long as I have I've become friends with its different generations of leadership most notably You/draov and Jtkode/Barix(when he was in it) I'd love to help the two of you resolve the issues that currently plague your relationship with your old alliance. I'm sure Kode would agree if you wanted to do this. [/quote]

I would totally agree to this.

[quote]Its nice to see ARES around. You guys were good friends when I was in UINE. If you ever need something stop by #the_international :) [/quote]

Great to know, I will definitly show my face there sometime!

[quote]A good leader never has to explain his or herself. A good leaders ability is simply taken for granted. When was the last time we saw the head of the NPO, or Valhalla, IRON, Umbrella, MK and so on come onto the forums to try and convince everyone they are good leaders? Leadership is a self evidently quality. If you have to try and convince people you have it, you don't have it. [/quote]

It was a QnA, people asked how I thought I was a good leader, I explained why I thought so.

[quote]Congratulations on deciding to face the wind-wall of scorn this announcement has created and now blows down upon you.

I don't agree with some of the things said by the OP but putting one's self out there and keeping a cool head should be applauded. Being in the spotlight of a hostile audience can be daunting, so... good luck, I suppose.

Now actually do something cool. [/quote]

Thanks!? And I plan to be cool, I plan to

Obligatory:

[img]http://malialitman.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/horse-race.jpg[/img]

Edited by Jtkode

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1314407368' post='2789033']
I was under the impression this was a QnA thread, many alliances post them so I must ask what has offended you so much about ARES doing one?
[/quote]

No, im not offended by it, it just pisses me off when alliances try to pass off their [b]QnAs[/b] as [b]announcements[/b]

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1314412870' post='2789077']
Its nice to see ARES around. You guys were good friends when I was in UINE. If you ever need something stop by #the_international :)
[/quote]
I like the international I was a member briefly! It didnt feel right being away from ARES so I re-joined them. An alliance of Leftists is the coolest thing ever though!