Messages deleted after six days

Bobogoobo

Today, and at least once before, messages in my Outbox have been deleted after six days rather than the usual seven. Is there some secondary determinant of when they are deleted, or anything like that of which I'm not aware? It's kind of annoying because the early deletion seems to be random and I'd like to keep a constant schedule on when to re-send a deleted message, etc.

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1314303395' post='2788288']
If the nation you sent the message to deletes the message from their inbox, it will show as deleted / removed in your outbox. So it is probably just that going on.
[/quote]

This is correct. If you see that happening in your inbox, that's a different story.

I doubt that is the cause, because a lot of the messages are to inactive nations. And it's not that just random messages from a day are gone, the entire day is gone. This seems to have happened again today; I am sure that I sent several messages (at least 20) on the 19th, yet none of them are in my outbox, and it has only been six days.

I haven't noticed anything strange in my inbox, but I don't usually check those messages more than once. And I have about 20 messages in my inbox, and over 400 in my outbox.

Edit: happened again today. Some of the messages from the 20th were still there this morning, but now the oldest message is from the 21st. I'm beginning to think the size of the outbox may play a part in this.

Edited by Bobogoobo

Messages are deleted via an auto delete routine several times a day and delete messages that are >= 7 days old. If you need to keep a message beyond 7 days then use the 'Save' link when viewing the message and it will be stored in the system for 30 days.

Well, I suppose that helps, although there's no save link for messages in the Outbox. But then how is the age determined? Because I can say with 100% certainty that six-day-old messages are being deleted from my outbox. Sorry to be a bother...just want to figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...

It deletes the messages throughout they day, so messages posted earlier in the day will delete as they become 7 days old, but messages from the same day won't delete until later that day. It goes by the time of day, not all the messages from that day being deleted at the next update.

Edited by Methrage