Re-rolling Marble and Pigs?

Dexios

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading posts about the importance of having [B][uranium][/B] for higher NS nations in developing nuclear weapons and the ease of [uranium] holders to find good 3BR/5BR/8BR trade circles, I believe that adding a new nation that has uranium + another 3BR/5BR/8BR resource would be in the long-term interest of my nation and my alliance.

I currently have [B][Marble][/B] and [B][Pig][/B], which already fit perfectly well into a 3BR + Uranium + Fish trade circle, but still leaves something to be desired.

I personally find that having Uranium + a 3BR-5BR-8BR compatible resource would make trading a lot easier and offers a tremendous amount of flexibility.

In reality, I believe I would be spending a lot of time on re-rolling until I have uranium plus one of the following 3BR/5BR/8BR resources to maximize flexibility :
[b]•aluminum
•iron
•lumber
•marble[/b]
•water
•wheat

3BR: [b]Aluminum[/b] Cattle [b]Iron[/b] [b]Lumber[/b] [b]Marble[/b] Pig Spice Sugar Water Wheat

5BR: [b]Aluminum[/b] Coal [b]Iron[/b] [b]Lumber[/b] [b]Marble[/b] Oil Rubber Water Wheat

8BR: [b]Aluminum[/b] Coal [b]Iron[/b] [b]Lumber[/b] [b]Marble[/b] Oil Rubber Water Wheat Gold Lead

7BR: [b]Aluminum[/b] Coal [b]Iron[/b] [b]Lumber[/b] [b]Marble[/b] Oil Rubber Gold Lead

Clearly, [b][water][/b] and [b][wheat][/b] are the only ones not fitting in all of those resource sets since they both can't fit into a 7BR set.

I would keep Dexios as the ruler name and change the nation name. The nation name is actually another reason for re-rolling.

Is re-rolling on a 20-day-old nation with 4k NS a bit late?

Any advice on re-rolling and anyone knows of the specific number of days I would have to wait for each re-roll?

Edited by Dexios

[quote name='Magicman657' timestamp='1314158762' post='2787482']
Honestly those are both pretty good resources, I'd be happy with that. It's much more likely you'd reroll into something worse.
[/quote]

Thanks for the input, Magicman657.

The major problem with my current resources is [b][Pig][/b] as it won't fit nicely into a 5BR, 7BR, or 8BR set.

That inflexibility would confine my nation into a 3BR trade circle or set up.

Although 3BR is arguably the best balanced trade set up in the game, with the best balance between high income boost and high infrastructure buying and upkeep power, also with good wildcard flexibility; I consider confining my nation to a 3BR set-up to the exclusion of other popular set-ups as unacceptable.

Even if I end up with worse resource combinations such as [Fur] and [Rubber], I'm willing to re-roll again and again and again until the random number generator gives Uranium + a 3BR/5BR/7BR/8BR resource combination.

However, the evidence suggests that having ideal trade resources perhaps is irrelevant to a nation's long-term success.

Contrary to one's expectations, many of CN's top nations have less than ideal resources:
#1 Hime Themis of Dulra | 350k NS | Order of the Black Rose | [Fur] and [Silver]
#3 FISHGUTS of FISHGUTS | 261k NS | World Task Force | [Wine] and [Gold]
#12 Asa Phillips of Malto | 218k NS | World Task Force | [Fish] and [Rubber]

At the end, Magicman, I agree with you that the resource random distribution is seriously flawed as you pointed out in your signature's link. I like Option 1 better as it provides an interesting dynamic to the resource system, which I consider to be the most boring, unfair, and frustrating part of the game under the current set up.

But unless this deeply flawed resource system gets fixed within 10 days or so, it seems very likely that I'll be heading off to delete my current nation and re-roll. Ugh

Edited by Dexios

[quote name='Dexios' timestamp='1314161279' post='2787503']
Thanks for the input, Magicman657.

The major problem with my current resources is [b][Pig][/b] as it won't fit nicely into a 5BR, 7BR, or 8BR set.

That inflexibility would confine my nation into a 3BR trade circle or set up.

Although 3BR is arguably the best balanced trade set up in the game, with the best balance between high income boost and high infrastructure buying and upkeep power, also with good wildcard flexibility; I consider confining my nation to a 3BR set-up to the exclusion of other popular set-ups as unacceptable.

Even if I end up with worse resource combinations such as [Fur] and [Rubber], I'm willing to re-roll again and again and again until the random number generator gives Uranium + a 3BR/5BR/7BR/8BR resource combination.

However, the evidence suggests that having ideal trade resources perhaps is irrelevant to a nation's long-term success.

Contrary to one's expectations, many of CN's top nations have less than ideal resources:
#1 Hime Themis of Dulra | 350k NS | Order of the Black Rose | [Fur] and [Silver]
#3 FISHGUTS of FISHGUTS | 261k NS | World Task Force | [Wine] and [Gold]
#12 Asa Phillips of Malto | 218k NS | World Task Force | [Fish] and [Rubber]

At the end, Magicman, I agree with you that the resource random distribution is seriously flawed as you pointed out in your signature's link. I like Option 1 better as it provides an interesting dynamic to the resource system, which I consider to be the most boring, unfair, and frustrating part of the game under the current set up.

But unless this deeply flawed resource system gets fixed within 10 days or so, it seems very likely that I'll be heading off to delete my current nation and re-roll. Ugh
[/quote]

You'll be more than fine with a 3BR, trust me. Having a good set of resources over along period of time is better than having the best for a few weeks and losing trades for another few weeks.

Also, I would highly encourage you to take what you said there and post it in the thread with my suggestion. I know there are many people who want to see the system changed asap and that can only happen if we concentrate our attention on it.

Edited by Magicman657

Individually, Marble is the best infra resource, pigs is one of the top wild card resources. If you wanted to confine yourself to only one trade ring in the game, the classic Fast Food/Beer/Construction resource is [i]the[/i] best one to confine yourself to. If not, pigs and/or marble are still superb wild cards.

[quote name='Dexios' timestamp='1314161279' post='2787503']
[/quote]

It hasn't been fixed for the 4 years I played this game. What do you think the chances are it will suddenly get fixed during the next 10 days?!

My own proposal for a simple fix is to have everyone keep their two resources, but allow trading independently with each resource. So you have double the amount of trade partners, but you trade for only one resource of each trade partner. That way bad combinations of resources are no longer something that holds people back from trading with you.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lodev' timestamp='1315154213' post='2794646']
It hasn't been fixed for the 4 years I played this game. What do you think the chances are it will suddenly get fixed during the next 10 days?!

My own proposal for a simple fix is to have everyone keep their two resources, but allow trading independently with each resource. So you have double the amount of trade partners, but you trade for only one resource of each trade partner. That way bad combinations of resources are no longer something that holds people back from trading with you.
[/quote]

I'd say those chances are 100%. ;):P
--Mags