The Appearance of Lady (Darth) Tyrannia

Sarah Tintagyl

It was night when the Austrian Helicopter touched down in the airport outside of Douglass in the United States of the Island. A small contingent of Austrian Imperial Guards disembarked first before [url="http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/137/4241ec518bf04ee197c54b2f8438edec/m.jpg"]Lady Tyrannia[/url] exited and set her feet on the ground. She took a deep breath and looked around at the darkened landscape around her, her white robes blew steadily in the wind while her white hair and grayish skin illuminated brightly underneath the dim lights of the Islander airport. "A perfect night to talk about business of war and chaos, don't you agree Captain?"

The guard bowed his head anxiously, "Of course Milady, I believe the USI Foreign Minister has been alerted of your arrival, but I'm unaware of anything else prepared for you."

"Not to worry. I always come prepared for problems." She smiled, "But while I wait here captain, if you could finish my arrangements to meet with the Islander Leadership, I would be most appreciative."

"Of course Countess."

Moments later a missive would arrive on the desk of the USI Foreign Ministry.

[code]

The Austrian Envoy, Her Grace, Countess Valeria Tyrannia
has arrived at the international airport and wishes to speak
with President David O'Reilly at his earliest convenience
on matters which are most important to the sanctity and
survival of the United States.

[/code]

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1314139141' post='2787176']
It was night when the Austrian Helicopter touched down in the airport outside of Douglass in the United States of the Island. A small contingent of Austrian Imperial Guards disembarked first before [url="http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/137/4241ec518bf04ee197c54b2f8438edec/m.jpg"]Lady Tyrannia[/url] exited and set her feet on the ground. She took a deep breath and looked around at the darkened landscape around her, her white robes blew steadily in the wind while her white hair and grayish skin illuminated brightly underneath the dim lights of the Islander airport. "A perfect night to talk about business of war and chaos, don't you agree Captain?"

The guard bowed his head anxiously, "Of course Milady, I believe the USI Foreign Minister has been alerted of your arrival, but I'm unaware of anything else prepared for you."

"Not to worry. I always come prepared for problems." She smiled, "But while I wait here captain, if you could finish my arrangements to meet with the Islander Leadership, I would be most appreciative."

"Of course Countess."

Moments later a missive would arrive on the desk of the USI Foreign Ministry.

[code]

The Austrian Envoy, Her Grace, Countess Valeria Tyrannia
has arrived at the international airport and wishes to speak
with President David O'Reilly at his earliest convenience
on matters which are most important to the sanctity and
survival of the United States.

[/code]
[/quote]
[img]http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kampfschwimmer.jpg[/img]

Since President O'Reilly very busy in the Orange House, he didn't go with the convoy to pick up the diplomats however a motorcade was sent with the usual limousine however four Humvees with Marines manning them were also there. Two in the front, and two in the back. The Marines were not in their usual formal dress but in Battle-ready uniform - although tings were calm on the Island. One of the Marines opened the door for her and saluted Lady Tyrannia as she entered. The diplomats were brought to downtown Douglas and to the Orange House where David was in Situation-Room being briefed on events as they unfolded. Susan O'Neil, David's fiancee and Chief Diplomat, brought Lady Tyrannia and her fellow diplomats to the Round Room (think of it as the Oval Office). David quickly walked in and smiled warmly to the Lady, "I am very sorry that I couldn't greet you at the door madame." He put out his hand to shake it, "Please, take a seat." A young man brought in a few glasses of water and set them for each of the women and one for David.

The room was beautiful but professional. It had orange drapes and the USI flag behind David's desk. The seal of the President took up most of the carpet while a sea of orange covered the rest which the seal did not occupy. The air was cool as David liked it however he always made sure the air conditioning was set to 75 or 76 to be comfortable when guests came.

"How may I help you?" he said. David folded his hands and smiled warmly. Even in the most trying of times he could keep his courage and his youth did show because he tried to stay optimistic or at least have others feel happy even when they were in a terrible situation - or even if he was.

Edited by PresidentDavid

Being led into the Orange Room surrounded by Islander diplomats, Tyrannia's emotions betrayed no sense of change as her yellow eyes faced front, speaking only in laconic statements to Susan and the others. She was here to talk to O'Reilly and no other person would do, thus when he entered, she nodded approvingly, shaking his hand firmly, before sitting down across from him and wetting her lips with the glass of water.

"Being busy with managing a war, President O'Reilly is more than a valid excuse of why you could not meet me at the airport. That said, I would like to get to the order of business as quickly as possible as I do not know how much time your nation has left." She turned her head towards Susan and the other diplomats, her glare cutting into the Chief Diplomat's heart and mind. "However, Your Excellency, during these discussions it may be wise if you would have your associates leave the room. The recent chaos in Ireland is a delicate subject and I am not sure who will be listening." Clearing her throat, Tyrannia focused intently on David as she began to speak.

"As I am sure you already know, most of Europe and indeed most of the world have turned their noses towards the recent events in Ireland. With four factions vying for power, I am sure you are looking at this situation very closely. Austria is fairly new to any understanding of these events, but we are trying to gauge, to the best of our abilities, what each of the four factions is trying to achieve. I have come to serve as an envoy of sort as Austria is interested in, after this competition over Ireland has ended, setting up relations with the United States. If possible then, I would like to know what the United States is trying to achieve in Ireland. Then I can better assess what Austria foresees happening in this conflict."

Susan returned the look a little confused at the glare while David sat back in his chair a little confused, "Chief O'Neil is the Chief Diplomat and Head of Foreign Affairs for the United States. I see no reason why she should leave." But Susan stepped forward and smiled, "No no David it is fine. I leave you and Ms. [i]Tyrannia[/i] alone. I need to make sure those in the S-Room having someone to talk to. Shoot me word when your done."

Susan gave a.. I don't know how to describe this smile but guys you know what I am talking about, it's that one that girls give one another when they are trying to say they are better then the other? Yeah as you can see Susan doesn't like her.. Susan walked out the room while David felt slightly insulted, "I would appreciate to know why you want my most trusted adviser to leave?"

Edited by PresidentDavid

"I am sorry, Your Excellency, but the Empress has ordered me to speak with you and only with you. It is not your Chief Adviser I am worried about, it is the plethora of diplomats she associates herself with. I am sure you are well aware that the United States has enemies or other nations who would like to see your beautiful country harmed in some way, especially with the recent chaos to your south. Forgive me, but I cannot take chances. I am sure a man of your intelligence and someone that I assume has some background in general espionage, understands."

Folding her hands, Tyrannia's eyes played with David, trying to allure him back into a pleasant mood. Her smile curved around her lips and her body became more relaxed as she continued the conversation. "However, if I may ask, what is your personal opinion so far as to what is happening in Ireland and what you would like to accomplish. I need to know this to make a valid estimation on what Austria perceives."

David sighed, "Forgive me for being so jumpy. I usually am not this rude I just have a lot on my plate right now." The woman was beautiful, her movements were slow yet noticeable, and she had white hair - something David didn't get to see too often. "Well what is happening in Ireland right now is there are some seemingly young people, possibly in their early twenties, who have started violet organized riots which we are going against right now. The peaceful protestors are only voicing their opinion so we are trying to shield them, and other civilians from these terrorists. I hope to bring an end to this violence and to end the day where all the people can hold hands and say that they are united and free under a government which will listen to their voice. I really hope I can save Ireland from tyrants and those whom wish harm to it."

Edited by PresidentDavid

"There is no reason to apologize, I understand this is a stressful time for you and I say again, it is the greatest honor to have your audience. Inaddition, trying to do the moral thing for the people of Ireland," she nodded, "Is a commendable stance, Excellency. My worries however, and the worries of my Empress, are that most of the world views, at least the Cork Movement, as a viable successor to the former Irish states. Of course Austria has said that it supports your government to a degree, Her Majesty also supports the views of those protesting for a chance at self-destiny. Surely as a person who's society believes in the great nations of individuality and independence you at least understand their argument. Thus I must ask one more question, to what lengths will your government go to in order to secure Ireland? Be they violent or non-violent routes."

She smiled and nodded respectfully, "After that, I believe I can make the correct assessment of My Empress' consideration for your people, one of eternal friendship, I assure you."

"I will make sure that live ammunition is not used against anyone unless they themselves are trying to murder the innocent, protestors, the Irish police, or my soldiers. The USI does not kill civilians, we kill terrorists however. But these young people rioting are not grand terrorists, they are young ones that I think am looking for something to rebel against. I myself as a young person, assume this. I am going to make sure that as many as possible are not harmed and I am using weapons that are not lethal." David shook his head, "Bombs are being thrown at my men while I tell them to use night sticks."

"It as I believed then," she frowned. "David, these protests are only the beginning and those in Dublin have already taken to violence, how long before those in Cork do as well? The world is on their side and you and your country are still small, much smaller than the former Irish regimes and possibly unable to hold back the storms of protest that will come in the future." Her eyes widened. "If they do become violent, what then? Will you fight the people who you claim to be your brothers and your sisters?" Tyrannia folded her hands and looked at him, trying to smile, trying to lighten his mood. "It may not be a losing war, but if violence does occur, Austria worries that a potential friend may be destroyed before we are even able to speak to them professionally and formally. Especially if you may not have the man power to fight a war against two fronts of rebellions.

However, what Austria would like to offer to you and your people is the advice to meet with the Cork Movement, a meeting arranged by letter not through zealous speeches and find a way that Ireland can be shared by both of you or at least in a way that can be beneficial to the Irish people in the future. The second, is if things do go wrong, Austria would like to offer it's services in protecting the United States' homeland on the islands. We will not let any harm come to your people on the islands and for all purposes, defend you like you were our own family."

She sighed, "But please do not take offense, that you must seek a diplomatic way out of this chaos through recognition of the peaceful movements in Cork. Then you can truly become the family that you so desire, Excellency. Sometimes for the things we love, we must give up material that we want."

David slammed his fist on his desk and stood, looking out to the quiet streets of Douglas, "If I were a citizen here and the central government would be destroyed, I would not mind if a smaller nation would peacefully protect us and let us take control of their government." he wanted to punch the one foot bullet proof glass, "I only want what is best for all of the Irish people. Not for those with guns who decide to rebel against peace, not against a coup of terrorists, not a magic voice behind a cloth - for everyone."

"I want an Ireland where someone can walk the entire island without being forced to get back. I want an Ireland where the children can walk outside without fears of playing each other just because they have homes in different borders."
David turned to her, his eyes were watered but a tear dare not streak down his cheek, "I just want hope."

Tyrannia rose from her seat and walked over to David as he turned back to her from the window. She gently pushed the water from his eyes away and took his hands. "You want an Ireland, David, that is unreachable. The Ireland of Dublin of Cork, of all those cities and peoples. They are rejecting you because they see you as different, but your own people of the islands. Those are the people who love you, who comfort you in your time of need, who need you more then the people of Ireland Proper do. Forget about them David, there are storms brewing on the horizon that you need to prepare for and to do so. Where were your allies? Cochin and the others? Dalmatia and their treaty? Listen David, I know that we have just met and our countries have only just recently interacted. But there is a future on the Islands, but you cannot ruin that by involving yourself in this chaos.

What will happen if they come for your people? The people who cherish your rule? England? What will they do? Friend or foe? David, you must turn to your homeland first, your passions and desires second. Together, we can build a new hope for the Islands and perhaps one day, when the time is right, beyond."

Tyrannia bowed her head and shook David's hand and then placing her hand on his back led him back to his chair. "I am glad that you see the need to protect your people. However, there is the question of how the United States, if things would fall through, well," she paused and smiled before sitting across from him again. "Excellency, when Ireland solidifies themselves, when England's government is restored. What will the future hold? I know during the past regimes of the United Kingdom, it was a troubling relationship you had with the English. Perhaps even the fear of invasion. Your people were nearly destroyed by nuclear bombs and other horrible means."

She looked into his eyes again. "You want to give your country hope, but perhaps do not have the means to do it." Her eyes lit up as if aflame. "I can help accomplish that Excellency, I can make sure that the United States will never be threatened again. If you only allow me the chance."

"My proposition is simple, Excellency. Let me help you, as Ambassador I can call any number of troops to be stationed in the United States as per a developing friendship between your people and the Austrian Empire. Working along with your soldiers, your mechanics, and all other personnel in the military." She took his shoulder and guided him towards the window, looking over the capital of the country. "I see great things in the future, David. A sprawling metropolis, protected by the storms of the world and an influential ally to guide you in the correct direction. This Ireland mishap, it will be a thing of the past. We will look to the future instead."

She turned him back to her face and smiled taking his hands. "Let me...let Austria help you construct a better future for you and your people. Only say the word and behold a coming masterpiece."

David was still shaken. Ireland's future was unsure. The Athenian Federation picked an almost non-European nation over the USI in something that almost broiled into war. The Kingdom of Cochin even seemed to get scared in the end, slightly backing off however they were extremely loyal allies - something no one else in the world would probably be. Now this with Austria? David would have to go see what would make the difference between this and the other recent off her got to be basically a province of another nation while still somehow maintaining sovereignty. "My Lady, I'm going to have to think about this. I am going to have to ask Congress about this. I am going to have to ask my legal advisers about this. In the meantime I welcome you to stay here on the Orange House. I am sure Susan can direct you to one of the guest rooms."

For the young man David was, he sure had baggy eyes tonight. He was stressed beyond his mind and just needed a break.

"Okay so what are you saying, can it work or not?" Roger Newersir shook his head, "Mr. President this technically isn't unconstitutional however you know how many of the courts are with technicalities. Their job it to interpret the constitution in the way they see that those who wrote it, partly you, meant it to be." David turned his back to Roger and and smashed a small sculpture on his desk into tiny fragments, "CAN ANYTHING WORK ANYMORE? MUST EVERYTHING BE SO BLOODY COMPLICATED!" Roger came over to David and patted him on the back, "It's okay Mr. President. It isn't impossible. Here is it simply. This can work because you aren't giving up your title as President and it seems you don't have to surrender any of the military our country's revenue. The trickiest part will be passing this in congress."

[img]http://www.coloradoalabaster.com/images/brian.jpg[/img]

Roger was silent and David scooted the small pile of dust and fragments of clay into a pile, having regretted destroying the tiny piece of art Áine had made for him. "I am guessing you are thinking the same thing I am. Just let it flow?" Roger nodded while he started to put his papers away, "Yes sir, just let it flow." "Letting it Flow" was a political term in the United States which basically meant that you don't take a side on certain matters and let the rest of the governing body do what they want with it. This could have terrible consequences or very good consequences - it all mattered on the situation. In this case, David could let Congress decide and if it passed it would pass. If it would fail then there you go. Congress was more diverse this time around however the Independent Party, which was mostly made up of people who believed like David, might not like it. The Conservative Party might be a little more open to this, especially since it would make them stick out from the Independents, and the Republicans would probably go with it.

What was unique in this situation was that the people were tired of this. They just wanted to be safe. So it was obvious where they stood. The next party to gain office would probably be the one that promised to increase defense spending and grow the military. "Thanks for your help Roger, I'll see you tomorrow. Take care lad." Roger clacked the two locks on his suit-case and smiled, "You too Mr. President. Play it safe, go with the flow."

[url="http://www.xarj.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kelly-sweet.jpg"]Susan[/url] didn't want to be near this woman. Something about her made it seem like she was Cruella de Vil - so yes, she just compared her to a woman who spends her life trying to skin innocent puppies. Before they even got out of the door Áine ran into the woman, not noticing her and Susan walking out of the Round Room. "Oh I am very sorry.." Susan gave a look that obviously said that she should go away, [i]now[/i]. David didn't want people to see Áine or [url="http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/Lovergurl77983/Common%20People%20you%20find%20Online/Amber%20on%20Fire/l_f2f1d517e6d04f0082a9a1e8df2ccf33.jpg"]Badb[/url] because the outside world simply wouldn't accept them for who they are. Áine had her curly, long beautiful blue hair with a tiny bit of green in her bangs. She was wearing a short-sleeved night shirt with a pair of night shorts that would be considered inappropriate outside of her room by David probably.

[img]http://cf2.polyvoreimg.com/thing.23463229.l.jpg[/img]
[i]Áine[/i]

"Where are you going Ms. Susan?" Áine and [url="http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/Lovergurl77983/Common%20People%20you%20find%20Online/Amber%20on%20Fire/l_f2f1d517e6d04f0082a9a1e8df2ccf33.jpg"]Badb[/url] didn't usually call anyone by their proper names because.. well they were above everyone else considering what they were. "I am going show the Lady here her room. Come tag along, I may need your help." She couldn't just let her leave now. Better have Áine answer all the annoying questions that might come from the seemingly rude woman then her herself. It was only a little selfish.

Edited by PresidentDavid

"That would be most kind of you, Excellency." Tyrannia bowed as she watched Susan come back into the room. The white-haired woman smiled at her and gestured for the Chief Diplomat to lead the way down the winding halls of the Orange House to the guest room. As they walked, Tyrannia kept a close eye on Susan's movements, she could tell the red-head was irked, perhaps even angered by the very presence of the Austrian and it make Tyrannia jump for joy within. She thrived on the hate of others, it gave her purpose, it gave her strength, and hopefully this hatred was mixed in with a bit of fear. However, when the blue haired girl came out of one of the side rooms, Tyrannia could only lower her head to shield the laughter dying to escape. She kept her mouth shut, only noting that Susan seemed to want to keep Aine from talking to her.

"And what is your relationship with the President, Fraulein?" Tyrannia asked sweetly, with a smile. "Does he have children, because you do seem a bit young and under dressed to be in the center of a government building."

If there was a relationship, going through Aine would be the best way of getting to David and the government, if Susan was already suspicious.

Áine blushed heavily while Susan merely rolled her eyes. She didn't have time for this. She had more important things to do to then to tend to some.. you know the word.. she didn't need to tuck her in. Susan spoke before young Áine could say anything, "I need to go get a couple of things done but I am sure that she" gesturing towards Áine, "can show you to your room. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." When she said the last sentence it sounded more like don't give me a reason to kill you.
[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001866215/96588718_Leopard_print20sleeping20shorts20209020Jacob_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg[/img]
Áine's cheeks stayed a light shade of pink while she had butterflies in her stomach. It was similar to the feeling she would get when talking to a very handsome boy, "David is my um.." she made sure to use her words carefully, "David is my um step-father.. He adopted me and my sister" she said as she scrunched her toes, feeling a little embarrassed about how she was dressed now. But after all, it was past midnight. She could tell the woman was paying a little attention to her hair however she couldn't read her emotions to well, something she could normally do, however she knew that she was either very interested in her hair or found it comical. Áine liked to think the best in people so she didn't assume the worse. While walking to the room she naively continued to talk, talking about her day to day life in the Orange House with her sister and explaining more about herself.
The conversation continued into the guestroom the Lady would be staying in, "My sister has hair like me too" she said with a bit of embarrassment and pride at the same time, "we are twins.. but we aren't fraternal."

Before letting the woman go Áine nervously stuck out her left hand and said, "My name is Áine. What is yours?" typically people shake hands with their right hand. However on the Island a left handshake was another one of those odd-unique cultural differences that made the Island what it was. A left handshake was asking for acceptance or approval, which is what Áine hoped to gain from this unusual stranger. "Are you from a different country? You talk different. I don't see a lot of foreigners."

Edited by PresidentDavid

"Ah, well, His Excellency is lucky to have such darling step-daughters and my name is Valeria Tyrannia, the Countess of Trent from Austria. I am staying in your country to assess the recent changes after the Ireland fiasco and if Austria and the United States have a future to be shared." Arriving at the room where Tyrannia would be staying, she nodded to Aine and took her hand, looking into her eyes, staring deep and drawing her emotions out. "I'm sure in time, we will get to know each other a great deal and I look forward to the friendship. You have a beautiful country and I would pray nothing bad ever happens to it. The world has too much chaos and the Island is in need of a good protector." She patting her hand and then let go opening the door and staring into the guest room.

"That red-haired woman, Susan, I believe. She isn't as open minded as you are, Aine. You and your sister should take pride in something like that. Open-mindedness changes the world and those who strive to keep the status quo are left behind. It would be good to remember such a thing." Tyrannia smiled again and bowed her head slightly. "Do tell your step-father, I said goodnight." With that she stepped into the room and closed the door behind her.

Once she was in the room, Tyrannia went to her bed and opened a small computer, about the size of her hand. Immediately an image of the Empress displayed on the screen. "My report, Majesty."

"Go on, Tyrannia."

"The President, he seems nearly sold on the idea of a Viceroyalty. From what I have heard, the Angevins are also trying to pursue his nation's fealty. Though, I think I've swooned him. The only problem is this woman of his, she's rather suspicious. But I think I can deal with her."

"What is the estimated time in which our troops can be deployed?"

"Perhaps a week, though I'm not entirely sure."

"Something you should find out, at least for an estimate. I expect that on your next report."

"Of course Majesty."

The screen then went blank and Tyrannia closed her eyes as she drifted into her meditations before finally falling asleep for the night.

The guest room was very Irish-ish. It had plenty of green, white, and orange. It wasn't tacky though because the colors weren't extremely bright and in your face. Lady Tyrannia would wake to a phone call with a man on the other line, having probably waking up David a few hours earlier. "Good morning madame. Today is Friday, September 30th. The time is seven O three. The current temperature outside is seventy-two degrees and the forecast for the day partly-cloudy. President O'Reilly directed me to tell you that he would have his decision for you by the time you are out of bed. He said you would know what that meant. Top of the morning to you madame."

[img]http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor1/state-dining-room/state-dining-room-bush2.jpg[/img]

Once she was ready and had left the room a young man directed her to a dinning-like room however it was more specifically for breakfast and dinner - much of the table was empty. Super would be eaten in the proper dinning room. Upon entering the room she would find David at the head of the table enjoying some sausage and scrambled eggs while Susan sat next to him eating a boiled egg and some type of morning salad dish. The two girls, Áine and Badb, were eating plenty of fruit and Áine was munching on some crispy bacon while her sister Badb stuck more to oranges. They all seemed like a happy united family.

After being awoken, Tyrannia smiled at the news. Even if O'Reilly did deny her the opportunity to bring in the Austrian soldiers, there were other ways to go about solidifying her control over the islands. At least this way, she wouldn't be waiting for days while a bureaucracy battled over what to do, she could hand it to the Islanders; they were at the very least, prompt. Dressing herself in the white robes of her position, the Countess was escorted down the hall towards the dining room where she would meet the President.

They seemed happy, but Tyrannia cared not as she was directed to her seat. Waving off a meal, she looked down the table at David and crossed her hands. "I was told that you have my decision, Excellency. I am very pleased that we have made progress from our talks last night."

"Yes I have Lady Tyrannia. I talked to my advisers and we will be.. open to it. I'll have a Representative bring it into congress and if it passes then I'll sign it. All we have to do now is wait to see if they pass it." Badb looked at Áine and softly said, "Who's that woman?" Áine continued to munch on her fruit, "That is Lady Tyrannia. She is from Austria." Badb looked her over and then continued to eat while she teased her little sister of two minutes quietly, "I bet she thinks your ugly."

Upon seeing the woman Susan rolled her eyes and picked up her plate, "I lost my apitite.. I'll go see if Robert is in yet sweetheart." Brushed the Lady's shoulder as she walked by and made her way through the public quarters of the Orange House to get to the administrative part of the building.

[img]http://for-style.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Classic-Cotton-Black-Fedora-Hat-150x150.jpg[/img]

"Mr. Vice President you were requested at the Orange House." Robert patted his driver on the back, "How about you take the day off buddy? I'll just take the truck. Tell the kids I said hello." James grew a big smile on his face, "Oh thank you Mr. Vice President! Thank you thank you!"
"It's no problem James. Just make sure you are here first thing tomorrow morning."
"Yes sir!"
Robert put on his jacket and raised his red tie to his neck. He then put on his hat on and made his way to his old truck outside. He made his way from the port side of town to the capital.

"I look forward to it being passed, Excellency. The moment Congress decides, I will give word to the Empress. I'm sure she will be very pleased that work was discussed, no matter what the result." She pushed herself up out of the chair and bowed. "But I have other matters to discuss and I believe I will see the countryside of the Island myself. In the meantime, I hope you have a pleasant afternoon, Excellency."

With that Tyrannia left the room with a smile on her face.

Robert sat in his seat in Congress. He was the Vice President which meant he oversaw the congressional votes however if he was needed somewhere else the House Majority Leader or Senate Majority leader would always be happy to take his place.
The vote to become a ViceRoyalty of Austria had actually passed the House by a slim margin of two votes. The Senate, which only consisted of seven senators, would now vote on it and if it passed, David had said he would sign it to please the congress. David didn't usually pull moves like that however he felt that he would let the congress decide on this one. He needed a break from all this mayhem, maybe Austria could help them out?

[img]http://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/images/img3/img_WI_State_Capitol_Orange_Lights.jpg[/img]

Robert looked at the results of the votes. "Four for, two against, one abstain" he said to himself. The Senators and everyone else who was gathered in the Senate's part of the capitol stared at Robert, waiting for the results of one of the most important votes in Islands history. Robert didn't want this. As much as he usually agreed with David, he didn't like this at all. Susan obviously didn't like it either because she vented to Robert all day at the Orange House until they came to the capital. It had nearly been a minute Robert just stared out at the crowd who was starting to get a little worried for the Vice President. A Marine walked up behind the Vice President and whispered, "Are you okay sir?" Robert nodded, "I'm fine soldier. All is well."
Robert buttoned his jacket and then stood, "The bill has passed for the United States of The Islands to become to a Vice Royalty of the United States" said Robert softly, "it will now be brought to the President of his approval or disapproval." Many people stood and began to clap and at the same time many people had their arms crossed or yelling, "Unconstitutional! The courts will burn the Senate!"

The bill had passed.. now all it took was David's signature.

"Mr. Mayor? The Austrian bill passed. Would you like me to get Andrew on the line?" The Mayor of Douglas, Johnathan Ryan sighed, "Get Andrew on the line and tell him to get to work now. I'll give a call to the City Judge. This bill is on the border of treason, I hope we can stop it."