The Mercenary Navy

Sarah Tintagyl

[center][b]**A missive was dispatched to all sovereign nations of the world**[/b][/center]

[quote]

[i]To Whom It May Concern,

With the period of instability in Austria finally coming to a close, our nation and armed forces find themselves lacking in many necessary materials in order to conduct successful war. One of these areas that Austria currently lacks is a modern and well-equipped navy. At the moment, our economy must turn inward and focus on fixing domestic problems with infrastructure and social welfare, thus the construction of warships and naval arms is not our highest priority for production. However, if Austria is to move into the modern world and join our fellow powers on the political stage, a strong navy is a requirement. Thus, with economic capital to spare we would like to propose to your government, a rental, mercenary program.

If possible, the Austrian Admiralty would like to purchase unused ships from your fleets along with sailors willing to sail under Austrian colors. They will not have to take any oath of loyalty to the Empress, and instead will be maintained fully under an annual salary. This salary will be 5% higher than the average Imperial sailor, however, it is non-negotiable for countries who pay their armed forces much higher than Austria currently can afford.

If you are interested in this offer, please reply to the Austrian Imperial Admiralty with the amount of ships you are willing to rent out and the number of sailors who will be garrisoned on those ships. This is a purely monetary movement and diplomatic favor between your country and the Imperial Government is not a requirement. However, the Empress will look favorably on country's willing to lend their hands in this great undertaking.

Sincerely,

Tadej Dariš
Lord Admiral of Her Majesty's Imperial Navy[/i]
[/quote]

---

[b]**A reply was attached to the letter as such:**[/b]

[quote]

[center][b]Admiralty Rental Form for Vessels and Manpower[/b][/center]
[b]
Nation Name:
Ships Willing to be Rented out (Include class and number of said class):
Sailors applying into service:[/b]

[/quote]

[quote]To: The Imperial Austrian Admiralty

While at this time we can not offer ships nor sailors we are willing to train Austrians on one of our many naval academies at no cost to the Austrian state. Here they will train in all Athenian naval doctrines. As you understand however we can only extend this offer to Austrian nationals due to security concerns with sailors from other countries.[/quote]

[quote][center]Admiralty Rental Form for Vessels and Manpower[/center]

Nation Name: United Federation of the East
Ships Willing to be Rented out (Include class and number of said class): [i]SSBN-008 Theresia von Hapsburg[/i] Tianxia Class Multi-Mission Missile Submarine, [i]SSN-27 Ehestadt[/i] Attack Submarine, [i]LC-010[/i] Zhenghe Class Command Ship
Sailors applying into service: 10, 000 (including maintenance personnel)[/quote]

[b]Classified:[/b]

The UFE would initiate an exchange program, where a PLAN Carrier and/or L-Class Carrier would permanently be assigned to the Austrian Navy on a rotating basis. Under this plan whole crew units would be officially taking a leave of absence of the fleet, with the UFE carrier or L-Class Carrier temporarily put in drydock for repairs, while they would be moved to reserve ships of the UFEs sent to Austria, to serve the Yuan Hapsburg Imperial Family, wearing Austrian instead of Federation uniforms and of course following the orders.

OOC: Vedran you know we need to give her our navy slots that we maintain in game. This can't be stuff we no longer have.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1314112194' post='2786841']
OOC: Vedran you know we need to give her our navy slots that we maintain in game. This can't be stuff we no longer have.
[/quote]

OOC: Ah, right, forgot about that. I'll withdraw my offer then.

[quote]
To whom it may concern,

I, Avatar-of-War Jaran Marxon, have been instructed by the beloved Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo I of ruling House Sidamo to offer you a number of vessels that will serve to assist you in your cause. These vessels are to be granted on the grounds of the Principality of Aeon being the peace loving nation that it is - we apparently have no need for these perfectly fine vessels.

It is apparent that the Militant Naval Command of the Aeon Military is to be a charity - we will offer these vessels at no cost and they will arrive fully staffed with Aeon volunteers that will accept no payment aside from the basic necessities needed to live their lives on board their ships or within their assigned barracks.

Immediately, BBGN-06[i] 'Calamity[/i]', DDGN-05 [i]'Proselyte[/i]' and FFG-05 [i]'Perpetuity[/i]' will be at the Austrian's service. The women aboard these vessels have been personally enlightened by the Princess, and will serve your forces as fervently as they would serve Her.

Yours Truly,

Jaran Marxon
Avatar-of-War for the Principality of the Aeon
[/quote]

[quote]
[b]Admiralty Rental Form for Vessels and Manpower[/b]
[b]
Nation Name: Principality of Aeon
Ships Willing to be Rented out (Include class and number of said class): [/b][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65298&view=findpost&p=2439379"]Apocalypse[/url]-class Capital Surface Combatant BBGN-06[i]'Calamity[/i]', [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65298&view=findpost&p=2438866"]Zealot[/url]-class Multi-Role Surface Combatant Destroyer DDGN-05 [i]'Proselyte[/i]' and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65298&view=findpost&p=2425335"]Infinity[/url]-class Multi-Role Surface Combatant Frigate FFG-05 [i]'Perpetuity[/i]'
[b] Sailors applying into service:[/b] 162+143+900 Officers and Crewwomen
[/quote]

OOC: I have 2 Corvettes, 2 battleships and 2 cruisers, that I havent RP'd. if you'd like you can have Triyun or someone else build them and I'll count them out of my navy.

edit: I suppose you'd need crews, but those can be trained.

Edited by Mogar

[quote]
To: All Warship Captains of Her Majesty's Imperial Navy
Subject: Orders

Commanders,

Recently two transport vessels carrying one thousand Imperial Marines and construction supplies set sail for the coast of Africa, Sanhedrin to be precise. This is the first move in creating an Austrian naval base on the Atlantic. At the moment, these ships are undefended and while they have the ability to defend themselves from pirates and small craft, in case of foreign intervention, the Imperial Navy will rendezvous with this expedition in order to support. Upon arrival, you will wait for further orders as to movements. By then the city of Essaouria should be in Imperial control and will have amble room for berthing and resupplying.

Her Majesty expects every man and woman to do their duty to Austria and the Crown.

Sincerely,

Tadej Dariš
Lord Admiral
[/quote]

OOC: For orders that may have been missed.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Nation Name[/b]: Federal States of Inner Mongolia and Manchuria of the United Federation of the East (formerly Zargathia)
[b]Ships Willing to be Rented out (Include class and number of said class)[/b]: 3 [i]Shou[/i]-class Battleships (compare to Iowa class irl, updated to modern standards), called the [i]Subutai[/i], [i]Kangxi[/i] and the flagship [i]Dorgon[/i]
[b]Sailors applying into service[/b]: Around 6,000, including a contingent of Marines on each ship.

Edited by Amyante