Two Month or Three Month Rounds?

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1314145894' post='2787273']
3 months (or rather 90 days) it is.
[/quote]

Please give us a 24 hours heads up before you start the round, if you can.

Confusion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1314224308' post='2787804']
Please give us a 24 hours heads up before you start the round, if you can.

Confusion.
[/quote]
Would be nice :v and appreciated :D

[quote name='lennybronx' timestamp='1314239984' post='2787943']
Admin will have to shorten round 20 to either 2 months or under two months since alot of people are traveling and are busy during christmas and new years.
[/quote]

Or we can have that 'holiday peace ceasefire' like last year

I know it's too late to matter, but I too like the 3 month thing. And I def. like the idea of a 75% - 200% declare rule. I also like the idea of penalties if you haven't been in a war in 20 days, or whatever, but there's room there for collusion (people agreeing to "go to war" with minimal attacks and early peace). I get the intent, but I don't know how you enforce / police it properly. In the end, if you can avoid significant wars, good for you. That's not how I choose to play, but to each their own.

I'm not sure that it is the duration that is causing the drain in players. I'll start a separate thought on that in another thread.

But, I do vote for one round of returning to 3 months to see how it goes. If we do this right we may end it on Thanksgiving weekend (U.S.) where a good portion of us may be free for the end of round free for all.

Just to be different, I argue for a round of 1000 straight hours with no updates.

Collections are for at least 24 hour periods, mathematically pro-rated for whatever time you go after that. Instead of 1-25 days you could go for 37 or 52 or 100 hours between collections, or whatever time over 24 you want. Capped at 250 hours, maybe? So for the round, instead of the 60 days of the possible collections of last round, you have up to 1000 hours (which happens to be 41.666 days) worth of total collection.

This way is not only more fun, but it solves the problem of update favoring certain time zones by having no update at all. Alliances will be declaring war at any time of the day they want. Won't that be cool? I think that not only entertains, it evens up the field considerably; which is absolutely important in any kind of tournament.

Make TE one brutal massive power sprint of chaos and mayhem.