When Rocks Come Alive!

Sarah Tintagyl

Communty Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote]
[b]To: CNRP
Subject: Rule Proposal for the RP of Alien Life[/b]

[i]Dear CNRP,

Recently I have watched a number of players RP and talk about RPing colonies and bases in space. Space colonization makes for interesting RP, though while the nations of Earth compete against each other I was curious if it would be possible to have another perspective enter the world. I have talked to Centurius and he has told me that with community approval, a new rule could be implemented to allow the RP of non-human life existing on either the Moon, Mars, or somewhere beyond the Asteroid Belt. Whether they be Lunarians, Martians, or another civilization that I haven't thought of yet. Of course, if allowed, I realize the rules need to be followed such as tech levels, infrastructure, and general restrictions that everyone in our RP universe must follow for something to be canon. What I can say is that my aliens will be humanoid creatures and if presented with interaction I will move so that Basic tongues, whether it be English, Spanish, Chinese, or whatever can be understood, along with the native tongue of the planet.

I figure it could present a new viewpoint in CNRP and if we are allowed to expand into space, have a native population resist might make the Space RPs even more interesting. While this is unrealistic, I believe many of the things that have been done over the years can warrant some form of Romanticism and Science-Fiction or just being plan unrealistic. CNRP may be a reflection of Earth, but that does not mean it has to be a carbon copy of the universe that we experience. I believe this could add flavor to the RP and that with all the space threads and ideas coming up, it might be time for a proposal of this nature. However, I understand completely if this is even too much for CNRP to handle.

That said, I would like your input on this idea and would happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Sincerely,

Sarah[/i]
[/quote]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm opposed to there being sentient alien life in CNRP as a nation (sorry :( ).

I think that science is pretty clear that we're alone in our solar system and well beyond it (radio signals alone show us this), and I don't think anything could reach us without being significantly more advanced than we are. (We're talking like super powers versus Chimpanzees).

That said, I do think that there would be room for a voluntary canon visitation RP so long as it doesn't correspond with anyone getting an FTL drive.

$%&@ yes aliens would be awesome, i actually was considering doing a non canon alien invasion of where ever i manage to control after my war, and letting it be open invitation, explosions everywhere, people dying and exploding, a la skyline, just not a terrible ending.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1313701274' post='2784106']
Personally I'm opposed to there being sentient alien life in CNRP as a nation (sorry :( ).

I think that science is pretty clear that we're alone in our solar system and well beyond it (radio signals alone show us this), and I don't think anything could reach us without being significantly more advanced than we are. (We're talking like super powers versus Chimpanzees).

That said, I do think that there would be room for a voluntary canon visitation RP so long as it doesn't correspond with anyone getting an FTL drive.
[/quote]
Quite simply?
What Triyun said.

Though I'm leaning more towards a "no", considering FTL appears impossible as per mankind's current understanding of physics.

Make another CNRP spin-off and watch it fail horribly yet again. That will make everyone happy.

But if people insist on having aliens in this canon.... definitely from out of our immediate galactic surroundings. If you want to RP some people mutating from exposure to some bs exotic radiation while on a colony or something and have them sprout cat ears, be my guest i suppose.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1313707104' post='2784171']
Why is it limited to the moon, Mars and the asteroid belt?
[/quote]

If you mean Mercury and Venus Sal, I would imagine that could be arranged if the other options would work out. As to going far in the opposite direction the other direction, I didn't want to go too far out, to make the civilization that much more advanced. But I mean I could see Jupiter and the other planets.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Don't listen to the naysayers. Although CNRP is indeed a reflection of Earth, it should be expanded to include outer space as to spice things up. CNRP has been stagnant and boring for some time, so to say, and space could certainly add an interesting new chapter into the mammoth book of CNRP. Of course, rules should be implemented in place as to prevent 'LUL MAH DEATH STAR PWN YOUR COLONY LOLOLOLOL' scenarios and other !@#$.

I, for one, would be interested in RPing aliens like they have in Mass Effect. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

Right, back on topic. It's KaiserMelech's fault, though.

Anyways, I guess we could use the classic 'garbled radio transmission from somewhere out in outer space' thingy, then us humanoids embark into a journey to search for them, and eventually encounter alien species.

Or we could have an alien invasion, like in the Worldwar series. It would be awesome to fight the Race. I'd reckon that the aliens could be as advanced as us, with quite a few of them very advanced.

Considering this concept, we have much to discuss and there are much kinks to be worked out, with the community's input, but we can do it! Come on, everyone! Help Sarah out! Help make her vision a reality!

Oh and by the way...KM, I call dibs on Leia, Padme, and other sexy aliens that you overlooked. (Yeah, I knew the first two aren't aliens, but they sure are sexy).

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1313715355' post='2784288']
Oh and by the way...KM, I call dibs on Leia, Padme, and other sexy aliens that you overlooked. (Yeah, I knew the first two aren't aliens, but they sure are sexy).
[/quote]
[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1313714214' post='2784279']
Well I call dibs on [b]all[/b] the sexy aliens from Star Wars, so there!
[/quote]
You lose General Kenobi!

Also, I like aliens coming to Earth more.

Let me note, there are so [i]many[/i] factors why alien life originating from within the solar system is impossible.
If you'd like to know them, tell me.

As for alien life coming from another star, that is barely feasible, if certain things are assumed.

[b]Possibility one:[/b] Slowship/Generationship - a vessel with millions of individuals in cryosleep or otherwise suspended animation, sent at speeds below that of light towards a star with a potentially habitable world. Would be visible decades, if not centuries before its arrival simply because its drives would have to be firing to slow it down.
[b]Possibility two:[/b] Aliens come via FTL - I'm stricly against this, because it would suddenly and unnecessarily expand CNRP from its focus around Earth and the immediate space around it to the entire goddamn galaxy. Worst option.
[b]Possibility three:[/b] A stable wormhole, somehow - This is the most 'likely' of the scenarios I can think of, and would enable a single alien civilisation to enter the solar system - similarly, we could potentially enter their home system if we managed to get control of our side of the wormhole.

[size="6"]But, let it be said: [/size] I am against any sort of extraterrestrial/alien life.

Edit: I also dislike that the poll is multiple choice, and allows for 3 "yes" but only one "no" vote.
This is unfair and likely to distort votes towards 'yes'.

Edited by Lynneth

Yes I fully support this, there is so much potential!

With that being said, y'all need to remember that just because there would be aliens, doesn't mean they are super high tech. Just imagine if you can make your own culture and types of people.

I think it is safe to say that this could be the Tabasco sauce you put on CNRP :D

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1313718264' post='2784303']
Yes I fully support this, there is so much potential!

With that being said, y'all need to remember that just because there would be aliens, doesn't mean they are super high tech. Just imagine if you can make your own culture and types of people.

I think it is safe to say that this could be the Tabasco sauce you put on CNRP :D
[/quote]

Actually to get to our solar system it pretty much does mean this from any other suitable world it does.

[quote]Also, if this goes through, I want a winged unicorn goddess as my leader. :v:[/quote]

Don't be an ass, you can disagree without being disagreeable.