Be Careful What You Wish For, UPN

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1313654920' post='2783704']
UPN hardly had to post at all in this thread, and yet they come out of it with a PR victory.

This is so absurdly stupid that it is hard to comprehend.

Was it that with the addition of NEW to BFF, FEAR was feeling bigger and badder then normal and felt like an 8 year old with a twenty-dollar bill in his pocket, and just couldn't resist doing something?

Was it that FEAR genuinely wanted a war, but wanted to goad UPN into attacking them to fight the war 'defensively'?

Was it that FEAR wanted to get some cheap attention and good PR, and decided the best way to do it was to bully somebody they perceived as weaker then them?

I've long believed that FEAR wasn't the most competent or well-lead alliance on planet bob, but this really confirms the suspicions. Whatever your intentions from this thread were, I can't see many possibilities that aren't frankly laughable and pathetic. UPN's working for years to improve their reputation, and in one night FEAR helps them out while making themselves looking like morons.

Considering my growing distaste of FEAR, this thread has been thoroughly delicious.
[/quote]
(My own opinion)

1. It really was more for fun than anything (isn't everything), but the execution was poor. I agree.

2. We weren't the ones wanting to prove their honor and strength, and yes a war would be fun

3. You're in TPF dude, don't talk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1313656831' post='2783756']
(My own opinion)

1. It really was more for fun than anything (isn't everything), but the execution was poor. I agree.[/quote]

I fail to see how its 'fun' from UPN's perspective. Perhaps you could elaborate how this could be seen as 'in good fun' from their end?
Isn't it more fun when both parties are in on the joke?

It might be all for fun, but I see it as rather sad when your trying to have fun at somebody else's expense.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1313656831' post='2783756']
2. We weren't the ones wanting to prove their honor and strength, and yes a war would be fun[/quote]

No, your the ones taking casual IRC banter and exploding it into a pathetic statement on these forums trying to make them look bad.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1313656831' post='2783756']3. You're in TPF dude, don't talk[/quote]
I am in TPF. I fail to see your point.

[ooc]This is so reminiscent of high school, where to fit in and curry favor with the cool crowd, people would ostracise those seen as 'out-casts'. I suppose some might refer to it as 'bandwagoning'. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.[/ooc].

I don't see TPF going around making threads with no other intention then insult somebody, at least not recently enough for me to recall. If we have a problem with somebody, either we would care enough about it to address it on the battlefield or we wouldn't care enough to address it on these forums.

It has been brought to my understanding that your not against the idea of pre-organised 1v1 wars. If that is the case, I know somebody who might be interested, if you wished to put your 36 SDIs against our 105 MPs.

Congrats to FEAR on making UPN look good. UPN congrats on finding an enemy to afraid to do anything beyond come come out in public and makes fools of themselves. Now if UPN does not say or do anything stupid they can enjoy watching someone else being made fun of by the rest of Planet Bob.

God i've seen some pretty stupid posts from FEAR and its memberbase.... but I gotta say this one takes the cake. FEAR if your itching that bad for a fight, just have a civil war and disband. I would absolutely love to see that.

o/ UPN

Edited by GDI Crossfire

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1313660775' post='2783822']
That's not very nice Erikz.

By the way, I like this thread up to post #75.
[/quote]

Well to be fair - that's a lot of posts for OWF before the impending 10 pages of "U!" "No, U!". I think I liked it until
[quote]3. You're in TPF dude, don't talk [/quote]
And that's post 101 (like, literally it's number, I don't recommend using it as teaching material)!

On that note, I bid you all good Thursday, and incoming weekend. If this pissing contest lasts longer than several more hours, please aim your streams at some kind of forest fire, as it's quite a problem this time of year, and many trade circles lack lumber as it is.

Bye!

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1313646386' post='2783502']
And likewise FEAR does not see UPN as our real enemies. Tonight was the culmination of a lot of old bad blood and agitation boiling over, and now we shall sit down and have a drink while we talk it over and laugh at many groups providing triage to their members for severe cases of blue balls.
[/quote]IT MAY APPEAR AS THOUGH FEAR $%&@ED UP, BUT LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW THIS WAS A GREAT THREAD!!!

Edited by Rocky Horror

UPN wanted the war. FEAR just made that desire public knowledge. FEAR didn't want the war, hence the lack of DoW.

Do the math, people. It's easy and fun. UPN is free to back up its big words with big guns. FEAR just let us know that those words are out there.

And GDA, seriously...

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1313671394' post='2783864']
UPN wanted the war. FEAR just made that desire public knowledge. FEAR didn't want the war, hence the lack of DoW.

Do the math, people. It's easy and fun. UPN is free to back up its big words with big guns. FEAR just let us know that those words are out there.

And GDA, seriously...
[/quote]

I don't think UPN actually wanted any war. It seems to me that it looks like it was a casual IRC conversation of Robster discussing those in FEAR who go out of their way to say negative things, and a joke answer to what was perceived as a joke question.

I guess the Chancellors of FEAR have their heads too far in the clouds to tell the difference between somebody saying they wanted war and some casual IRC banter.

So we have one alliance calling out another alliance for comments that may or my not have been in jest, meanwhile glancing about to make sure that their buddies are there to back them up in case the other alliance is actually serious...

...meh, nothing is going to happen. <_<