A PPO Announcement

Lurunin

[center][u][b][size="6"]Where Has The Rum Gone?[/size][/b][/u]

There comes a time that all good things must come to an end. The Pirates of the Parrot Order and the Mostly Harmless Alliance have shared probably THE longest protectorate treaty ever held. “The Kin of Valorous Hitchhikers” has been a treaty that has remained in existence since the end of our involvement in the WotC and as such, feelings obviously change throughout the years.

Let it be known that neither alliance holds any ill will towards the other, but rather there is a time and a place and now seems to be perfect…that and the fact that for whatever reason they allowed Myth back into government…that’s almost as bad as handing alliance leadership over to King Death…

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs[/url]

[size="6"][u][b]A Voyage To A New Home[/b][/u][/size]

After many attempts to find a new home for our alliance we believe that we have finally settled on paradise. We have been staying here since December and it seems that none of us want to ever leave our happy island of seclusion again.

As such, please drop by our happy home at [url]http://ppo.spickle.com/[/url] and come and join us either as friend/diplomat/or random spammer.

Also it has come to our attention that there are a few embassies that need cleaning, so if you see your alliance on this list feel free to drop by before we arm our cannons and blast it away:

[list]

[*]Kingdom of Hyrule

[*]FOK!

[*]New Polar Order

[*]Basketball Ninjas

[*]Guru Order

[*]Asgaard[/list]

You will have 14days to claim your booty or it shall be pillaged by as many Deck Hands as we see fit.

[size="6"][u][b]A Truly Special Circumstance[/b][/u][/size]

There comes a time when one looks for who truly are great friends. I am not talking about treaty partners who revolve mostly around who are more politically convenient to be allied to, no, the type I am referring to the friends who literally accept you like a brother/sister and both of you can go to the other to assist with RL issues

As such, we are happy to announce our Honorary Pirates who will receive the following badge, higher IRC channel privileges, and a special forum mask to say the least.

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/Cross-slash/lurunin-badge-animation.gif[/IMG]

Smontag – This crazy ass I first met through the Guru Order. Possibly the first guy that comes through your mind when you hear of a drunk being spotted driving a lawn mower dressed up as Big Bird while screaming “USA” at the top of his lungs. His craziness though is probably his best feature though seeing as how he is probly the most real person you will ever meet, no matter the topic.

Lanna- Truly PPO’s first wench. You were able to win over our members quickly and easily and even loved us so much you joined us for a stint. Our friendship resulted in the very first treaty I ever had the pleasure to have my name on and resulted in seeing an upgrade in it too damn far down the line lol.

Outsiders- Dude you are truly one of my best friends here on Planet Bob. Never would I thought I’d find someone so much like me and yet different at the same time. I honestly can’t count how many query convos we’ve had over random !@#$ but I’m sure it’s close to how many times you’ve tried to sex my girl :P. Our two alliances have grown extremely close and I’m proud to call you guys allies, no matter the situation. However, don’t think you can let your art skills go to waste! I expect to see some of that !@#$ published/bought/whatever in the next month! lol.

Gingervites- Dude, you were one of my first friends in the alliance and while I’m sad you left I understand that everyone needs a bit of a change of scenery now and again. Never will I forget the epic spai wars you and gowfanatic had with one another..including this past morning lol. Things just don’t feel the same without ya with shouting “YOU ARE A PIRATE!” in every channel I could find. Just know that you’ll always have a home with us and Craven better be treating ya right ;).

Wes the Wise- Easily my favorite CCCer. You and your alliance are so friendly, people on opposite sides of the web/religions/and even IQ level are accepted with open arms. I have nothing but high hopes for you guys and enjoy the political talks that break out in #cn-ccc quite often.

Jache- Between you and saxasm i honestly don't know who leaves and rejoins their alliance more. But you're still a great guy to get to know and easily one of the most random people I've ever met. Anytime we talk it's always a bunch of laughs so with that said, whenever I'm feeling down I know just who to torment.

Like I said, this is only a preliminary list and others will be added to it in due time. However, if it wasn’t for numerous people querying me and distracting me for the past 5hours I would have been able to actually finish this section…yes I do mean you jayhova..

[size="6"][u][b]Interesting Facts[/b][/u][/size]

Lets use this time to pass off some interesting facts about the PPO.

[*]We are actually a second incarnation of the first PPO originally led by Shade0017, The first one came to an end via the merge between Sent From Satan, Pirates of the Parrot Order and Brotherhood of The Dreaded to form Brotherhood of the Storm. The PPO was refounded in 2008 by Silent Blood Line after an alliance broke away from BoTS that was formed by ex-PPO.

[list]
[*]Our highest member count was 73 but we prefer a smaller group of nations than more.

[*]We were originally Black sphere back before WotC.

[*]Silent Blood Line has the attention span the size of a grain of rice.

[*]We can be found quite commonly around hookers and anyplace they serve delicious rum.

[*]I realize that if you are reading this you must be facepalming right now

[*]Our member, PIMPTOPIA, is in fact, Canadian...you may proceed to laugh at him for there just now being a standing army.
[/list]

[size="6"][u][b]Addressing some Rumors[/b][/u][/size]

Alright since last night I’ve been hearing quite a few rumors over who we were going to sign with next and what level treaty it was going to be. Including a few asking what’s to stop people from openly raiding us, despite having 3 MDP level treaties. However, NEW, Non Grata and GOONs can put down their target lists as we have a brand spanky new treaty to announce!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
What happens when Pirates meet Shrooms
-
-
-
-
[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/Cross-slash/l.jpg[/IMG]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Are you really still scrolling?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When you add a GOONie with a Pirate you get
-
-
-
[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/Cross-slash/4060865745_5e4736dd96.jpg[/IMG]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Damn you must be getting tired of this
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Let's not forget how much pirates love vikings shall we?
-
-
-
-
-
[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/Cross-slash/pirate-viking-penguin.jpg[/IMG]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ok here ya go!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
[url]http://tinyurl.com/allianceflag1[/url], [url]http://tinyurl.com/allianceflag2[/url]

[size="7"]Space Pirates treaty![/size]

[b]Preamble:[/b]
After years of fighting against the Ninja scum, it was decided that Pirates would need some outside help in order to overcome such blight. As such, the Pirates of the Parrot Order decided that they would strike a relationship with old friends, the high flying, space exploring, laser pew pew pewing, people of the Mostly Harmless Alliance. Such a pact would give way to a force which Ninja’s would have no chance of overcoming: Space pirates!

[b]I. You'll have to file form B.6 in order to perform a coup[/b]
Each Captain has their own ship, and there will be no commandeering of one another’s ship.

[b]II. It's a cease-fire at best![/b]
When Pirates are pillaging, and Vogons are building bypasses, these actions should not take place in the nations of each other. In the event that a planet should be demolished, or a city should be ransacked, both parties agree to resolve the conflict in a fair and timely manner.

[b]III. Some protesters are trying to block construction of the bypass[/b]
If a hidden cove, or a planetary fortress come under siege, or are otherwise attacked both parties are obligated to sail the seas or enable their Infinite Improbability drive, and come to the assistance of the other should it be requested.

[b]IV. Pillage and plunder[/b]
Should the time come for a planetary alliance to be pillaged, demolished or attacked, it is encouraged, though not required for signatories to assist each other in the pursuit of such an outcome.

[b]V. The third worst poetry in the universe[/b]
Should a message in a bottle be found, the meaning of such a message should be shared with the other signatory. In addition, communication should be maintained between each party, even while at sea or a galaxy away.

[b]VI. Abandon ship![/b]
Should it be determined that the pirate’s life isn’t for me, or that planetary exploration is just too much for a simple seaman’s life, this agreement may be cancelled with 72 hours notice.

Signed on behalf of Mostly Harmless Alliance:

Triumvir- gasgiant403
Triumvir- Julia Rose Vicious
Triumvir- IYIyTh
MoBF- Gonftw

Signed on behalf of the Pirates of the Parrot Order:

Captain: Lurunin
Commander of IA: Silent Blood Line
Commander of War: SpliceVW
Commander of Recruitment: angus kahn

[size="6"][u][b]Conclusion[/b][/u][/size]

Seriously learn…if you are going to query people like crazy when they are trying to do something, expect to get pranked (Balder). Or atleast strung throughout the entire time waiting for this !@#$.
So now, obligatory: Winter is Coming/Everything Must Die/Xiph is a mental maniac/JRV loves to have lions spammed at her/raid the micro/yadda yadda ya

[size="7"]Let's use this thread as a Q&A thread now since those are EVER so popular, shall we?[/size]

p.s. and now to leave on a final note: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVJqOE18kk[/url]

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/Cross-slash/559a4cde5dfdfb8d70eecfb659909026.gif[/IMG][/center]

Edited by Lurunin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1313554510' post='2782624']
So that was a yes for you still being raidable, right?
[/quote]

Only one way to find out!

<3 Luru.

A true honor to know you Lurunin. Congrats on the upgrade, congrats to MHA for protecting such a fine AA for so long. I always said, there is something strange (in a good way) about PPO, and it all starts in their IRC channel. In #ppo you will find some of the most random hodgepodge of individuals, from all over the treaty web, where anyone can kick back, shoot the breeze, and just sorta let loose. Forget the treaties, forget the treaty web, forget the politics, this is PPO. PPO is an AA dear to the CCC. Did I mention PPO has some of the most bad-ass forums I have ever seen? :P

o/PPO
o/MHA

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1313554303' post='2782623']
Uhh, why did you guys just cancel to only resign just a bit later? :blink:
[/quote]

This. This right here.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1313554303' post='2782623']
Uhh, why did you guys just cancel to only resign just a bit later? :blink:
[/quote]

check war screens

actually we've tried to upgrade....4? separate occasions? atleast that i can think of. but we encountered one problem or another on both sides

(i blame democracies)

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313556460' post='2782655']
So let me get this straight; You cancel your protectorate with MHA and sign a mdoa with MHA. Why not announce it as an upgrade?
[/quote]

gon wanted to go rogue for a day

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313556460' post='2782655']
So let me get this straight; You cancel your protectorate with MHA and sign a mdoa with MHA. Why not announce it as an upgrade?
[/quote]

To generally make people freak out. I'd say it worked too, based on how many queries the MHA Triumvirate and Lurunin received.

More so, because we felt like it. Isn't that reason enough?

[quote name='gonftw' timestamp='1313556977' post='2782664']
To generally make people freak out. I'd say it worked too, based on how many queries the MHA Triumvirate and Lurunin received.

More so, because we felt like it. Isn't that reason enough?
[/quote]
Sounds like a lot of work for something so small :ph34r:

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1313557658' post='2782673']
lol believe me...with some of the queries i received many thought it was anything BUT small :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I can imagine. lol, hows the duel going with gon? I think you can take him :ehm: