Remember, Remember

Schattenmann

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mansa Musa III' timestamp='1313296251' post='2780306']
I remember Vox (I actually joined CN in April '07, in case you're wondering). They were a good alliance, steadfast and loyal to the end. I think they draw interesting parallels to today's MK, in some ways.
[/quote]
No they aren't. Anyways, Vox was awesome and TWiP was always fun entertainment.

o/ Vox

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313309807' post='2780440']
As an aside, i've never really understood your theme.

OOC: V for Vendetta was a terrible film, sorry. It's probably worse than the Sparta-300 thing tbh.
[/quote]

Oh come on, heroic revolutionaries fighting against an evil and authoritarian regime. The theme was *perfect*. Great propaganda at any rate.

OOC: and I liked the movie too :(

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1313312515' post='2780455']
Oh come on, heroic revolutionaries fighting against an evil and authoritarian regime. The theme was *perfect*. Great propaganda at any rate.

OOC: and I liked the movie too :(
[/quote]
meh, the broader theme may have been fine, the issue was the place you got the theme from.

OOC: Superficial comic book adaptation (and let's not forget that the comic book was just pretending to be deep and meaningful while really just coming across as an inferior version of 1984 with pictures) made to appeal to a market of 18-24 males by mixing explosions with an awful melodramatic plot so that it appeals to their poor, tortured souls.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313316893' post='2780470']
meh, the broader theme may have been fine, the issue was the place you got the theme from.

OOC: Superficial comic book adaptation (and let's not forget that the comic book was just pretending to be deep and meaningful while really just coming across as an inferior version of 1984 with pictures) made to appeal to a market of 18-24 males by mixing explosions with an awful melodramatic plot so that it appeals to their poor, tortured souls.
[/quote]

OOC: Perhaps you haven't looked into Alan Moore's beliefs sufficiently to appreciate it. I actually wrote my Schol English essay on V for Vendetta (it's one of my favourite movies ever) and the dichotomy between anarchy and fascism which it presents. There's so much interesting philosophy in there and it's dripping with beautiful quotes. Look at the scene where V knocks over all the red dominoes and it flashes to clips of trains and stuff. Determinism much? If you look more closely there are major differences between Moore's thought and Orwell's beliefs. But meh, I cbf going into this.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1313228736' post='2779536']
This was the day I threw away my chance to join TOP for the greater good. It was also nice to take jabs at alliances I didn't like.
[/quote]
I was in Vox and I'm Grandmaster of TOP now. You can always apply. :P

I remember.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1313342016' post='2780629']

I remember.
[/quote]

You were?? TOP!! What have you DONE??? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img][img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/nuke.gif[/img]

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1313351772' post='2780733']
You were?? TOP!! What have you DONE??? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img][img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/nuke.gif[/img]
[/quote]
You didn't think everyone just fell off the planet when we suspended the charter, did you? Be afraid :ph34r:

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1313342016' post='2780629']

I remember.
[/quote]
The Vox graduating class has done quite well for itself; I wish we had a solid roster and where-are-they-now. Cheers and never forget.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1313362214' post='2780867']
You didn't think everyone just fell off the planet when we suspended the charter, did you? Be afraid :ph34r:

The Vox graduating class has done quite well for itself; I wish we had a solid roster and where-are-they-now. Cheers and never forget.
[/quote]
I imagine NPO still has our roster laying around somewhere :D

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1313317610' post='2780472']
OOC: Perhaps you haven't looked into Alan Moore's beliefs sufficiently to appreciate it. I actually wrote my Schol English essay on V for Vendetta (it's one of my favourite movies ever) and the dichotomy between anarchy and fascism which it presents. There's so much interesting philosophy in there and it's dripping with beautiful quotes. Look at the scene where V knocks over all the red dominoes and it flashes to clips of trains and stuff. Determinism much? If you look more closely there are major differences between Moore's thought and Orwell's beliefs. But meh, I cbf going into this.
[/quote]

Analyse transformers please! :smug:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1313362779' post='2780881']
I imagine NPO still has our roster laying around somewhere :D
[/quote]
Well since they're my sugar daddies now maybe if I ask nice they'll give it to me.

I've got a list I made from accounts on the two forums, but every time I go through an old OWF thread I see more people that I don't remember/never heard of. :(

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1313379550' post='2781093']
With Yev now the Grand Master all Vox people should come to TOP.
[/quote]
Schattenmann creates a "failure of the admissions process" again. Electron Sponge for Grand Snake-in-the-Grasser.

We all joined TOP once before, you guys were not very welcoming or appreciative of the sanction :P

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1313342610' post='2780632']
It's been years and you guys still haven't realized that Guy Fawkes was the bad guy.
[/quote]

This

OOC: The man wasn't trying to overthrow an evil theocracy, he was trying to install one.... I still dig the whole V imagery, though.
-------------------------------------------

It's a shame that this alliance disbanded. :(

If it wasn't for Vox, we'd all be speaking Pacifican :awesome:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1313388507' post='2781190']
We all joined TOP once before, you guys were not very welcoming or appreciative of the sanction :P
[/quote]

I don't know if any of us were even aware that it happened. In any event, the only thing we wanted out of a sanction was a flag.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1313374431' post='2781039']
I love how so many of the people who benefited from what Vox achieved now like to play it down. Personally I will always remember Vox with great gratitude.[/quote]

What do you think they achieved exactly?

Overthrowing NPO? No, in fact when they were founded many people, myself included, considered them to be flash in the pan Polaris fan boys, has beens, and never was types that were going to get pounded into oblivion. Later on they did demonstrate rather clearly the internal rot that was setting in at Pacifica and for that they deserve a large measure of credit. However, the real heavy lifting, the actual overthrow of NPO was carried out by the likes of MK, Ragnarok and the like, not Vox.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1313416328' post='2781303']
What do you think they achieved exactly?

Overthrowing NPO? No, in fact when they were founded many people, myself included, considered them to be flash in the pan Polaris fan boys, has beens, and never was types that were going to get pounded into oblivion. Later on they did demonstrate rather clearly the internal rot that was setting in at Pacifica and for that they deserve a large measure of credit. However, the real heavy lifting, the actual overthrow of NPO was carried out by the likes of MK, Ragnarok and the like, not Vox.
[/quote]

Wow, I'm agreeing with ChairmanHal. $%&@ you VoX.

Edited by Hiro Nakara