4 Year Anniversary

[center][img]http://64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/64D_Flag.png[/img][/center]
[center][color="#8B0000"][size="5"]s i x t y - f o u r - d i g i t s[/size][/color][/center]

I don't typically do these sorts of things. I'm not one for noting every little milestone met along the way, I don't make announcements reminding the world that we exist.

But this is a special occasion.

This month, four years ago, I founded the alliance known as 64Digits. And we've seen more than most alliances out there, we've been through more as the world around us has changed.

64Digits has always stood for the principles of honor and integrity. That isn't to say that we haven't made errors in our history.

I would like to, once more, issue a formal apology to the Siberian Tiger Alliance, for funds unjustly extracted after the War of the Coalition, and to the now defunct TDSM8, for doing the same to you at the conclusion of the BAPS war. In these instances, the extraction of funds was a wrongful action - an action I have vowed never to repeat. The fact that I've kept my word may be less impressive, seeing as we have not yet had the opportunity to do so again, but that doesn't make it any less sincere. Extracting "reps" in wars of conquest is simply wrong. Outstanding justification is required for such an act, and such was not present in either of those scenarios.

That said, I want to observe the history of 64Digits.

We were founded four years ago, when I elected to forge a new path in this world. Back long before having your own alliance was the cool thing to do.

We were founded in the weeks before the Unjust War ravaged the world. We had the workings of an informal protectorate agreement with \m/, but that would prove to be rather short-lived, thanks to global circumstance. After that war, we searched long and hard for a new protector, and eventually we found The Phoenix Federation.

On November 28th, 2007, we joined with 5 other TPF protectorates, and TPF itself, to form the first protectorate bloc, the Overlords Protectorate Pact. Oh, the memories and good times we had with that bunch, even if others will forcefully disagree.

On January 7th, 2008, we declared war on BAPS as a joint operation with the OPP bloc. TDSM8 would later declare war on us, and we would go on to play a key role in stopping the infamous noWedge and Valhalla from declaring [i]our[/i] enemy combatants as part of [i]their[/i] "EZI" list. I have never supported the practice of EZI, and was disgusted by their attempt to interfere with our war. In the end, the TDSM8 member states were spared from such an unjust fate, and it's something I remain proud of. Credit as due to Slayer99 and chefjoe for their instrumental roles in seeing a just outcome to that event.

On February 13th, 2008, we declared war on the Green Protection Agency, along side the Continuum, but for a separate set of grievances. After the main conflict ended, we granted the GPA a white peace.

On August 14th, 2008, as a joint operation with the OPP bloc, we declared war against the Siberian Tiger Alliance as a part of the War of the Coalition.

On April 23rd, 2009, 64Digits would enter the Karma War, in defense of TPF. We would stand by our longtime ally's side until the very end of that war. The notion of never abandoning an ally on the field of battle, no matter what, has been a concept we have kept with us ever since. We exited the Karma conflict with an all around white peace.

On September 5th, 2010, we signed a defensive military treaty with the noble Cult of Justitia, one of few treaties we have elected to sign, as 64Digits believes in only signing with the closest and most honorable of alliances. We never have signed treaties for the sake of simple political positioning.

On January 27th, 2011, we would, in a joint operation with our allies, declare war on GOONS in defense against their unjustified aggression against the New Pacific Order. We would stick in this war until the very end with our allies, despite the difficulties and seeming unwillingness of the enemy to honestly negotiate a settlement.

And that brings us to today. Four years of history. Four years of watching the world change, four years of being both at the height of the world order, and beneath the boots of oppressors. It's been quite a ride, quite a thrill. We might be small, but we've seen it all, and I really couldn't be more proud of what this humble alliance has achieved in it's time in this world.

But... All good things must come to an end. As much of a thrill as it's been, it is time to close this chapter of world history. 64Digits has been my precious project for these four long years, and what comes next is not something I find easy to say. But it is for the best, as it is time now to move on to brighter days ahead.

Today, by unanimous consent of the member states of 64Digits, as my final act as Lead Programmer, I hereby announce that 64Digits is officially disbanded.

It's been a pleasure, gentlemen. A huge thank you to allies and enemies alike - It wouldn't be as wonderful without each and every one of you along the way. To every alliance and individual we've had the pleasure (or otherwise) of interacting with - Thank you for the memories.

You may now commence paraspriting.

(Stay Tuned for a special message from TPF)

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313204456' post='2779063']I really couldn't be more proud of what this humble alliance has achieved in it's time in this world.
[/quote]

Yeah it's hard to get really proud of nothing at all. You gave it an honest effort though. God bless you.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313204456' post='2779063']
On November 28th, 2007, we joined with 5 other TPF protectorates, and TPF itself, to form the first protectorate bloc, the Overlords Protectorate Pact. Oh, the memories and good times we had with that bunch, even if others will forcefully disagree.

On February 13th, 2008, we declared war on the Green Protection Agency, along side the Continuum, but for a separate set of grievances. [/quote]
When I entered the halls of OPP as a GOONS spy in Purge I was quite astounded when this cocky git told me that being in a bloc together meant I couldn't publically on the OWF tell him that he was an idiot for complaining about GPA banning him from #gpa for calling the President [filtered word]. So when we were approached about a treaty 3 years later, it took a lot of talking, catching up, and convincing to get to that treaty. We were both creatures of that age, and we're both far from there now, thankfully ;) . It was a pleasure fighting beside you, and I'm glad that 64Digits stuck with things long enough to find its true self. As you look to the future, this past year has been fun, and we'll remember it fondly.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1313206096' post='2779099']
I'm extremely pleased to see your alliance thriving :rolleyes: Congratulations.
[/quote]
heheh :reading:

also 90 days BAAWWW

Edited by NationRuler

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313204456' post='2779063']
Credit as due to Slayer99 and chefjoe for their instrumental roles in seeing a just outcome to that event.
[/quote]

:wub: Slayer99

Congrats on 4 years, man. That's a pretty big accomplishment there.

Good luck to you, wherever you decide to go from here.