Qingyuan Diktat

Triyun

[quote name='Amyante' timestamp='1313539942' post='2782489']
"In light of the recent developments, Zargathia will mirror the sanctions imposed upon it with regards to personnel and assets, as well as the closing of borders and airspace to any assets belonging to the Serene Republic of Vaule and the United Federation of the East. These sanctions will remain in place until the sanctions put against it are lifted, and any exceptions are to be expressly confirmed on a per-case basis. Embassy personnel wishing to leave will have been issued the necessary papers in order to be allowed to pass the border, and are equally free of the sanctions imposed upon non-diplomatic personnel."

"We also wish to thank Grand Papua for its support, and to confirm our belief that diplomacy has not yet died in Asia."
[/quote]

"We've siezed like 3 whole dongs from you... be sure to do the same to us."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1313561045' post='2782692']
"We've siezed like 3 whole dongs from you... be sure to do the same to us."
[/quote]

"Really? In that case, one dong has been mailed to you, to help even things out."

(To: Marscusian Siberia)

"With regards to the meeting in Telmana, we will be present for it. Did you have a time and date in mind?"

"What is this farce? Zargathia apparently hasn't heard of sending diplomatic operatives in place of their government? They must be governed by some inferior system of tribal despotism- surely this must explain their incompetence." -Random member of the Pacifican diplomatic corps.

"Zargathia has senate nor parliament, and the number of its actual members of government are small, centered around the Crown. You would do well to weigh your comments, given that word of reforms have reached our ears that would take your government much closer to ours in similarity. That the size of its Diplomatic Corps is not what it should be is regrettable, but insignificant as long as national stability is maintained. Please give our regards to your new King, and we wish your nation a swift recovery from the riots that have plagued it so."

"The United Federation of the East will attend this meeting, but is deeply skeptical of the outcome. Furthermore with our forces in control of the Xinyan Republic, were hereby consider military operations completed and place the territory into UFE Conservatorship.

Future negotiations will center on the topic of the Zargathians and their continued history of sponsoring terrorist and fascist groups within Asia, such as the extremist Neo-Fascist Japanese who glorified the butchering of untold millions of Chinese, Korean, and South East Asians during their reign of terror from 1895 to 1945. We also will demand answers on collaboration with the Korean Terrorist Regime. We also shall take this time to discuss the threats to peace which Zargathia has continuously been a party too. We will not negotiate any transaction of land until the Zargathians answer for their crimes against the peace of Asia."

"Strange that you mention crimes against peace in Asia, when it is [i]your[/i] tanks rolling through what once was Zargathian land. Furthermore, we can't help but wonder about the nature of these land transactions of which you speak. Are we to assume the Novakian claim to the former Xinyan Republic has been torn up in a similar manner?"

[quote name='Amyante' timestamp='1313585910' post='2782769']
(To: Marscusian Siberia)

"With regards to the meeting in Telmana, we will be present for it. Did you have a time and date in mind?"
[/quote]
As soon as everyone agrees to the meeting, it will be held. We wish for peace to return as quickly as possible.

[quote name='Amyante' timestamp='1313598242' post='2782827']
"Zargathia has senate nor parliament, and the number of its actual members of government are small, centered around the Crown. You would do well to weigh your comments, given that word of reforms have reached our ears that would take your government much closer to ours in similarity. That the size of its Diplomatic Corps is not what it should be is regrettable, but insignificant as long as national stability is maintained. Please give our regards to your new King, and we wish your nation a swift recovery from the riots that have plagued it so."
[/quote]

*private response*

How impolitic of them, my diplomatic corps is regrettably staffed by analysts and operatives of similarly foul temperament. They are excellent actors, but a tad bit elitist, its unfortunate that they mistakenly spoke on an open channel, but rest assured such carelessness will not be tolerated. In either case, while I cannot wish you luck in repelling what I consider a purifying noble struggle on the part of my ally, I do hope you prove to be an adversary worthy of history and memory. In that way even if you should be defeated, Zargathia may be immortalized in the minds of the UFE- just as the great warriors of Tahoe continue to live on in my memory and memory of my people." - H.M Michael Atrevier, King of Greater Pacifica

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1313623906' post='2783072']
*private response*

How impolitic of them, my diplomatic corps is regrettably staffed by analysts and operatives of similarly foul temperament. They are excellent actors, but a tad bit elitist, its unfortunate that they mistakenly spoke on an open channel, but rest assured such carelessness will not be tolerated. In either case, while I cannot wish you luck in repelling what I consider a purifying noble struggle on the part of my ally, I do hope you prove to be an adversary worthy of history and memory. In that way even if you should be defeated, Zargathia may be immortalized in the minds of the UFE- just as the great warriors of Tahoe continue to live on in my memory and memory of my people." - H.M Michael Atrevier, King of Greater Pacifica
[/quote]

*Private to Greater Pacifica*

"No offense was taken, we have never been quick to judge. As for immortality, we sincerely hope our actions to be memorable, though i fear such would not be based on military prowess. Regardless of the UFE's boisterous claims to the contrary we are... happily inexperienced in that regard."

A mid level UFE diplomat would be dispatched to deal with the issue.

Meanwhile a communique was sent out by the UFE. "This issue will be dealt with one way or another within 48 hours, attempts to stall or filibuster for the Zargathians to avoid their responsibility for the constant support of destabilizing East Asia will not be acceptable."

A Zargathian communique would be sent out shortly afterwards:

"The meeting will be done when the matter will be adequately resolved, not before, not after. Attempts to prematurely end the meeting based on nothing but the UFE's own impatience will not be acceptable."

A Zargathian diplomat made her way to Marscury, and from there await the train to Telmana.

Edited by Amyante

"If the Zargathians are unable to operate on a prompt schedule, the UFE will do what is necessary to ensure matters in East Asia are resolved on a prompt schedule. Zargathia at this point should recognize that we will not be dictated to be its puppet regime."

Both UFE and Zargathia are our allies and hence in this issue we maintain a position of complete neutrality. Having said that we do not believe that military strong arm tactics of the sort employed here by UFE is conducive to peaced in Asia. Xinyan Republic was formed from territory ceded by Zargathia and we consider the land transfer of Xinyan Republic to Novak, an Arab-African nation with no mandate in East Asia to be without logic. However the two nations have attempted to a diplomatic solution, a solution which we believe have been stalled by Novakians who of course stand to lose nothing by irresponsible obfuscation. As a responsible regional power, United Federation of the East should have tried to solve this issue diplomatically without doing the unnecessary military tactics which has only brought disrepute to UFE which has otherwise been a stabilizing influence in the region. The flurry of sanctions placed on Zargathia, a nation which has not in fact resorted to military tactics despite having adequate military power of its own is extremely sad and counter productive.

As a common friend of the two sides, the Kingdom of Cochin urges both sides to resolve the issue amicably without setting any preconditions. You have been allies before, you can once again be friends now and be allies in future. Please hold your talks to resolve your differences and not merely to humiliate one another. We regret that we do not any longer share borders with Zargathia for we at least would not place embargo on an ally based on unproven charges.

- Ministry of External Affairs,
Kingdom of Cochin

The government of the Serene Republic, as one of the parties implementing sanctions against Zargathia, would send Dr. Melissa Belasova. An experienced diplomat and 3rd Undersecretary to the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Belasova would represent the Vaulian government during the meeting. Her mission would be dual purpose: on one hand she would observe the meeting and send a detailed recommendation to end, continue or strengthen the sanctions against the Zargathian regime. On the other hand, her presence at the meeting, instead of the Vaulian Foreign Minister would be a subtle hint about the level of deterioration of Vauleo-Zargathian diplomatic relations.

Moments after departing, Dr. Belasova arrived in Marscury and waited to be taken to the meeting location.

[b]***Classified Military Communique (Encrypted)***[/b]
[quote]
[b]To: Commander of the Organization of the Zodiac (OZ) Central Command (CENTCOM)
Fr: Classified
Re: Zargathia sanctions[/b]

-Meeting to begin shortly, standby to review and modify sanctions
-Draft proposals for implementing no-fly zone & relocation of air assets
-Organize & gather intel on Zargathian military capabilities (esp. along northern border)
-Begin implementation of stage 1 of Operation Dusk
-Run preparatory exercise involving war with Zargathia[/quote]

===

The Ambassador of the Kingdom of Cochin to Vaule would be called to the Office of the Prime Minister of the Serene Republic, where the following diplomatic protest would be presented to him:

[quote]
The government of the Serene Republic of Vaule seeks to impress upon our ally the Kingdom of Cochin that the sanctions imposed upon the government of Zargathia are not solely as a result of the dispute regarding the former Xinyan Republic. The sanctions are the response to a series of missteps on the part of the government of Zargathia, up to and including the current situation with the former Xinyan Republic and must be viewed in context.

The government of the Serene Republic of Vaule believes that the decision on the part of the government of the Kingdom of Cochin to refer to the sanctions as being "based on unproven charges" is most unfortunate. While we share the position that dialogue is key to the resolution of the current situation, we believe that the implementation of sanctions was and remains a necessary step.[/quote]

The text of the diplomatic message would not be made public. The only information that would be revealed from the Vaulian side would be that the Cochin Ambassador was presented with a note of protest by the Vaulian government.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1313642501' post='2783402']
"If the Zargathians are unable to operate on a prompt schedule, the UFE will do what is necessary to ensure matters in East Asia are resolved on a prompt schedule. Zargathia at this point should recognize that we will not be dictated to be its puppet regime."
[/quote]

"Yet you expect us to be yours? Please take note that the wording of our last message was deliberately chosen to resemble yours."

(To: Cochin)

"We thank our old ally for its support and share your hopes that the UFE will see the light of reason."

OOC: Just going to cut to the chase.

IC:

At the conference:

As Zargathia has consistently ignored its treaty with the UFE in favor of supporting regimes like Japan, Korea, and Mongolia when they've been aggressive towards us, it is impossible for us to take anything they say merely on paper seriously. They had an alliance with the UFE and on 3 separate occasions supported those who were at war with the UFE while refusing to lend us support at all. Therefore it is clearly impossible for us to take their word on anything seriously. Concrete action must be taken. We hereby in consultation with our allies in Vauleyo offer the following terms:

[quote]1) The Zargathian Court will be allowed to manage the internal affairs of Zargathia, with the exceptions of those pertaining to national security or the establishment of new nations or major factions within Zargathia that possess any sort of military power.
2) The United Federation of the East will be given full in the room access to the internal affairs and foreign affairs of Zargathia at all levels.
3) Zargathia shall not be aligned with or in any way assist nations with fascist bents, this especially includes any ultra nationalist nations.
4) While the United Federation of the East shall not conduct Zargathia's foreign affairs for it, it shall have veto power.
5) Zargathia's external security shall be the responsibility of the United Federation of the East and Vauleyo. As such, the Zargathian forces will maintain a small force, and allow free movement of Vauleyo and UFE forces to verify its overall compliance. Banned weapons in term 5 include: weapons of mass destruction, long range strategic bombers, all aspect stealth fighters (R-RCS air to air is permitted e.g. F-15 Silent Eagle). Further the Zargathian Total Ground Force is to be capped at 100, 000 men (all must serve at least ten years of service), 2,000 armored vehicles, and 500 artillery pieces. Zargathia is to cap its navy at 6 vessels, no submarines or CATOBAR carriers may be built. Zargathia is to keep its combat air squadron level at the current rate.
6) Zargathia is to establish a no-go zone for any of its military assets within 300 miles of Beijing.
7) Zargathia shall immediately turn over all conspirators in the Korean War. Zargathia shall make its 'Korean Dominated' Zones accessible for investigation by Vauleyo and the United Federation of t he East. Zargathia shall forever swear never to again assist the Korean terrorist groups, with the expressed understanding that it shall result in the immediate declaration of war upon Zargathia by those allies powers in the Anti-Korean Coalition who choose to do so.
8) Zargathia shall immediately renounce Japanese Ultra-Nationalism, and renounce any attempt by any power to revive the Fascist Japanese Empire of 1895-1945. These include housing groups which have supported the defunct states of the DKT and Yamato.
9) Zargathia shall immediately renounce all Mongolian and Mongolian Turkic groups which advocate any sort of ultra nationalist beliefs. It shall apologize for supporting the PRM, even when the PRM was actively provoking its supposed ally the United Federation of the East for little reason. Further it shall swear never to allow any extremist group which advocates harmful east asian seperatism, especially groups like the PRM and Altin Urda to exist again and to cooperate full with all other responsible East Asian powers in this goal.
10) Zargathia shall not possess any missile in a range excess of 300 kilometers, except for those used solely used in a strategic defense initiative.[/quote]

[b]Private Transmission to the Kingdom of Cochin:[/b]

I assure you I respect your concerns, however, at the same time, the Zargathians continually while they've had a treaty with the UFE have refused to honor it and made efforts at undermining us. I therefore must look at solutions which offer a firmer long term security guarantee. I am offering the Zargathians terms which could facilitate this, but I am under no illusions they are harsh.

At the end of the day though, it is my judgement, that anything I sign with Zargathia is not worth its weight in paper. Verification and material changes are what are required. We offer our sympathies, but it is our belief that a firm line must be taken to prevent more instability from emerging as a result of Zargathian activities. We understand if you cannot support us in doing this though, and shalln't ask it.

-August Imperator Yuan Jia

After reading through the document, Rebecca Célentin, the diplomat sent to negotiate on behalf of Zargathia, gently put it down on the table before folding her hands, looking at the other delegates from across the table.

"There have always been three basic rules to Zargathia's foreign policy. First, Zargathia will always choose diplomacy over war. Second, Zargathia will attempt to have cordial relations with its neighboring states. And third, Zargathia can and will not presume to tell other heads of state how to run their nation. These three rules have been around since the formation of Zargathia, and will continue to be used throughout its existence."

She got up, pacing up and down as she spoke. It was a habit of hers when thinking and talking at the same time, merely something to help her focus on finding the correct words to use.

- "During Zargathia's formation, when the Lu Empire ruled Mongolia, its people were rebelling against foreign influences. Our Queen, being of Proxian blood herself, personally went to meet with Emperor Lu Tai, and the result was peace. When the tanks of a certain nation rolled into the Articuno Islands, and several nations were urging us to call upon our military, we instead mobilized our diplomats, and the result was peace. When the Korean people had democratically elected to become part of Rebel Army, we responded to the voices of protest to back the Korean people's decision, and the result was peace. We do not assume to have achieved this on our own, of course, but it helps to set the basis for what i am attempting to convey."

Having decided on how to continue, Rebecca sat back down again, a hand brushing a strand of black hair back behind her ear.

- "Now, if we understand the UFE correctly, the reason for this meeting was to explain why we collaborated with or at least did not denounce the Korean, Japanese and Mongolian governments. For this, i point to the three policies again i mentioned earlier. When the Japanese started glorifying the events that happened during their roles in the Second World War, that was regrettable, however not something we would go to war over. It was a decision by the Japanese government concerning Japanese territory, and we felt it would not be our place to tell them what to do. Some concerns were issued over closed diplomatic channels, but that would be the extent of it. Similarly, when an attack on a UFE mine layer ship implicated the Japanese, we voiced our concerns upon the result of the investigation which was -- in our eyes -- inconclusive. For example, [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100748&view=findpost&p=2687045]repeating our earlier statement[/url], the report only stated the torpedo used was the same type as the one used by the IJN Navy, yet such does not prove beyond a doubt that the Japanese chain of command had planned and ordered the attack. Furthermore, our protests were aimed against the fact that [url=hhttp://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=63087&view=findpost&p=2712492]war had been declared in the first place[/url], not against any of the nations involved in particular."

- "Second, i would like to touch the Mongolian issue. Mongolia is a region with a troubled history, at times the government that emerged was friendly towards us, other times [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95089&view=findpost&p=2528759]hostile to peace in Asia as a whole[/url]. This knowledge was incorporated into the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101863&st=0&p=2733426&#entry2733426]actual treaty we signed[/url]. As you can see, the pact would only be activated should the PRM have come under attack by a foreign force. In the event it would be the aggressor, or its people would have rebelled against the nationalist government, we would have had no reason to interfere, while keeping ourselves safe from attack as per that very same treaty."

- "Lastly, Korea. We honestly do not know why you would think that we would support a government that has threatened to declare war upon us, and on several occasions increased its military presence at our border, waiting for a reason to invade. The only reason we stepped in was because we felt the situation was getting blown out of proportion as coalition forces were unleashing such a degree of nuclear proliferation on civilian population centers that even some members of that very same coalition [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102852&view=findpost&p=2742660]backed out in disgust[/url]. The only collaborating we have done is cooperating with the rebellion forces seeking to overthrow the government the UFE accuses us of collaborating with, and having White Cross personnel and radiation cleanup crews coordinate their efforts with the local civilian population to maximize efficacy during the first wave of the distribution of humanitarian aid. These are in most cases civilian volunteers which, upon the end of the conflict, were thanked for their efforts by being [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103315&view=findpost&p=2749865]threatening to be fired upon[/url] should they fail to leave immediately. During this conflict, some prisoners of war were taken into custody and treated according to the terms described in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64323]Axioms of War[/url] of which it is a signatory. As is clear, the articles were followed to the letter. Since the majority of prisoners were rank and file infantry, and did not in appearance or behavior have any resemblance to the members of the former Korean government wanted by the UFE, we saw no reason to detain them upon the end of the conflict, and they were released several months afterward when it became clear there would be no more additions to the list of people wanted by the UFE."

Rebecca paused for a moment, moistening her mouth by taking a sip from a glass of water before picking up her notes, and putting the page that had previously been on top on the bottom of the stack, preparing to enter the next phase of what she had prepared.

- "And with that, we have answered the questions the UFE demanded us to answer, in addition to explaining that since they were the result of decades of consistent Zargathian foreign affairs policy would not in the least have come as a surprise to the UFE, which would in turn explain why we cannot accept sanctions of which this document is a part of. And now, for a question of our own."

She took a deep breath, sliding the document that had been put before her a couple of inches away towards the center of the table. This would be the harder part of an already difficult conversation.

- "One of your messages prior to this meeting was that you -- and i quote -- [i]'(the UFE would) not be dictated to be (Zargathia's) puppet regime'[/i]. With this in mind, you arrive at this meeting carrying a document that you expect us to sign that would effectively make us [i]your[/i] puppet regime, granting yourself veto power on [i]all[/i] of Zargathia's foreign affairs, demanding access to virtually every decision we as a sovereign nation have the right to make, create a no-go zone that would completely cut off troop movements on all major roads between Xilin Gol and Hohhot, hand over the task of protecting the assets within our own nation to troops that do not answer to our government and renounce groups for believing what they believe in despite these groups being active in territory Zargathia has no say over. We would, as is clear, have to disagree on every single term as written in this document."

- "Which brings me to the following question: Why was this document set up in the first place? This document was set up as terms to lift the sanction, a sanction that was put up when ties deteriorated due to the UFE's invasion of an otherwise completely peaceful area. In the entire dispute there was not a single shot fired, nor troop presences increased apart from where the UFE allowed Novakian soldiers to pass through its lands. In short, one could say that, although the matter was taking an extended amount of time to solve, there was absolutely no reason to believe this would ever threaten peace in Asia given the reputation of the countries involved. Where does the UFE believe it has the authority to intervene in a diplomatic matter strictly between Novak and Zargathia? Why did they state that simply because [i]they[/i] felt the matter was taking too long for [i]their[/i] liking, that it would be a perfectly natural thing to roll tanks into the area, annex it and expect it to be solved. And then placing sanctions against us for daring to say that you were wrong to do so."

- "If, by comparison, the UFE had a border dispute with Cochin over the Jiuquan area in Gansu province, and we would one day announce you were taking too long and roll our military forces into the area from the Alxa League, you would have all rights to treat it as an insult to your sovereignty and demand an immediate withdrawal as well as an apology at the very least. And when we demanded you withdraw from an area the UFE did not have any history of holding prior to now, your response was to issue sanctions upon us as if we were nothing more than a vassal, a rebellious province that was expected to defer to the UFE in all things much like signing this document would entail. As the Queendom of Zargathia is a sovereign entity ruled by none other than the Zargathian government, and your accusations concerning our relations to the at that time legitimate governments of Japan, Korea and the People's Republic of Mongolia have been adequately explained, we hereby reiterate our claims that the United Federation of the East and the Serene Republic of Vaule end the sanctions placed against Zargathia and its citizens, and the United Federation of the East withdraw from the area formerly known as the Xinyan Republic to allow Zargathia and Novak to continue solving this state of peaceful conflict in a diplomatic, orderly and responsible manner. We strongly doubt this would result in any security issues as we estimate there would still be roughly one to two hundred thousand Novakian soldiers remaining in the aforementioned area, or roughly four to six soldiers for every civilian according to our last population census. In addition, we [i]request[/i] that the UFE cease the derogatory manner with which it has been referring to us in international broadcasts of late, as we believe it unfounded, with our reasoning being the earlier explanations concerning Zargathian policies that i have been referring to at the very beginning."

Rebecca leaned back in her seat, taking another sip of water. With Zargathia's stance explained and its objections and retorts voiced, it would now be the opposing party's turn to speak. Her neck felt as if it was drawing in all the heat in the room, but she wrote it off as a minor inconvenience that would not distract her from what was truly important: The end of the sanctions against Zargathia, and victory of diplomacy over force of arms.

"These terms are non-negotiable. I would especially point out to you, that the Japanese committed a greater genocide against China, than nazi germany did against the Jews. If one of Rebel Army's neighbors glorified the holocaust that alone would be a CB. This is no different. Condemning a declaration of war, when only one side is declaring war is obviously condemning that side.

Your government needs to either meet these security obligations, or there is no deal. This is the last warning."

[b]Private to the Serene Republic of Vauleyo[/b]:

Prepare operational deployments under guise of blockade. August Storm begins in 24 hours.

[b]Classified:[/b]

UFE forces already mobilized moved to Defcon 1, war was now imminent.

[b]***Classified Movements***[/b]

The 3,000 soldiers who were deployed to the Zargathian border disguised as Border Police would raise their alert level to DEFCON 1.5 and wait for further orders. Elsewhere the Vaulian Military High Command ordered the deployment of 80,000 soldiers to the regions approximately 25-50 miles from the Vauleyo-Zargathian border. The soldiers would not be deployed all at once, instead small convoys of 1,000 troops would be deployed to the East Ingushetia Autonomous Community (EIAC) every 2 hours (at first).

The Organization of the Zodiac (OZ) Central Command would deploy 20,000 units from the Leo Division, 800 APCs and 3,000 tanks to the Vauleyo-Mongolian (UFE) border. In Sakhalin, the ships that remained deployed to the island after the Korean War were readied for deployment and placed on emergency standby. Civilian aircraft from the regional Vaulian airline (Baikal Air) begin ferrying military supplies and fuel to the region. To avoid arousing suspicion the supplies would be unloaded at the Baikal Regional Airport (BAA) and the Esternaya International Airport (EIA) in East Ingushetia. The supplies would be moved by civilian trucks and tankers to specially designated warehouses near to the respective military bases that they were destined for.

Understanding the fragile nature of the situation, Prime Minister Svatek issued a classified order to recall the Parliament from its temporary recess. Parliamentarians would be required to return to the Parliament building within the hour and would enter into closed session. The Imperator would leave the palace in a non-official vehicle heading for Novaya Zemlya. Crown Prince Yuri would quietly leave for Zhukovgrad and Princess Yulia would leave for Caledonia province.

Rebecca sighed, rubbing her temples as she listened to the UFE's diplomat.

- "In response to your comment, we would reply that if the people of Japan objected against the course of their government then they would have made their objections known, and as with any popular government we felt these decisions would have eventually been repealed in a natural, democratic way. Again, Zargathia does not consider itself to have a Divine Mandate to rule the population of any other nation save its own, nor project its authority upon other nations, thus, we could only apply diplomatic pressure when backed by populist sentiments against the actions of this government, and we did. That we did not do so publicly is an entirely unrelated matter: Just because the UFE had no access to these private communications does not mean that they were not there. In addition, we would like to point out that not a single war crime has ever been committed by our nation throughout its entire existence, and the UFE's attempts to continuously implicate us in the actions of a state not our own, of a government not our own, during a war not our own, several generations before Zargathia's foundation is as insulting as it is inane. The actions of the Japanese government to revive this dark part of their history, while regrettable, would not have been our place to rectify, but that of the Japanese people that grant the government its backing."

- "Nevertheless, as you might recall this meeting was called upon to diplomatically settle our differences concerning matters of foreign policy, the former Xinyan Republic and the sanctions issued against our nation, not to have one party dictate terms to the other where the other is not allowed to voice its objections. We have extensively answered your questions and you will now answer ours, after which we will discuss the terms mentioned in this document, and see if an agreement can be reached by meeting one another somewhere in the middle ground in a version of the document that, perhaps, promises something in return for all that it demands."

Watching the UFE diplomat leave the room, Rebecca turned to the Vaulian diplomat.

- "Doctor, we are making every effort to reason with the UFE here, but it is clear they do not [i]want[/i] a discussion. All they have done is hand us a list of demands asking everything while offering nothing in return. As a fellow diplomat, may i request you to bring up the sanctions to your government, and at least allow the transit of Zargathian civilians and goods through your nation? If not we will have to undergo extensive economical reforms and learn to live with the sanctions imposed upon us, but at least we will have tried. I ask no guarantees, merely that you try... Would you be willing?"