Dingo: A Tribute

Soviet Limburg

[center][img]http://oi53.tinypic.com/2reo4sh.jpg[/img]
[b]Official announcement from the International[/b][/center]

As General Commissar I have many duties, but some duties are those you never desire to carry out. On the early morning hours of the 7th of August - this last Sunday - INT and indeed Planet Bob lost a great member of its community. He was known as Tuukka Harjula to his family and close friends, but he will forever be known to us all as Dingo.

The hole he left cannot be replaced and in respect to his memory INT will keep Dingo in his spot as Liaison Secretary for the remainder of the term of the 17th Central Committee, serving from August to September.

The International as an alliance wishes to send respects and condolances to the family and close friends in the realm of "real life" that is beyond planet Bob's understanding. Losing someone so young is something you never wish to anyone.

[center][size="5"]Dingo[/size]
[i]Thank you Dingo and rest in peace[/i][/center]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1312918997' post='2776063']
[center][img]http://oi53.tinypic.com/2reo4sh.jpg[/img]
[b]Official announcement from the International[/b][/center]

As General Commissar I have many duties, but some duties are those you never desire to carry out. On the early morning hours of the 7th of August - this last Sunday - INT and indeed Planet Bob lost a great member of its community. He was known as Tuukka Harjula to his family and close friends, but he will forever be known to us all as Dingo.

The hole he left cannot be replaced and in respect to his memory INT will keep Dingo in his spot as Liaison Secretary for the remainder of the term of the 17th Central Committee, serving from August to September.

The International as an alliance wishes to send respects and condolances to the family and close friends in the realm of "real life" that is beyond planet Bob's understanding. Losing someone so young is something you never wish to anyone.

[center][size="5"]Dingo[/size]
[i]Thank you Dingo and rest in peace[/i][/center]
[/quote]

I am very saddened to hear this, you never think about the people you care for until they are gone. I wish his Family and loved ones all the best in this tough time and hope that the "admin" in "real life" gives them peace.
This is something no one should have to go through.

Sorry for your loss INT.

All the best from myself and TIO.

Rest In Peace

R.I.P. Dingo...

I'm sorry but I just can't keep a straight face when I'm saying a nickname like that.

But in all seriousness, it's always sad when something like this happens. We can only hope for the best in regards to his family and friends. o/

Well, what is there to say about Dingo, really? He could be really fun and interesting to talk to one day, then be very cold, bitter the next. Some would say that's bad, but I wouldn't. That's what you got with Dingo. He was a wildcard, and you really never knew what to expect out of him, unlike most people where you can pretty much tell what kind of conversation you're going to have with them from the second you engage them. I saw that, and still see that at a positive trait over all.

I knew Dingo probably longer than I knew almost anyone in this [OOC]game[/OOC].. about a year and a half, to be exact. Through that time, we had our fights, we went through stages where I just had to put him on ignore on IRC for two weeks at a time, but even with that, he was someone I could talk to about things, [OOC]RL or ingame[/OOC], and he would talk about things with me.

[OOC]Cybernations is just a game. It's not real. The politics are fake, the wars are fake, the treatys are fake. What is very much real, I have come to find, is the relationships that one tends to build with people. Besides the few of you who couldn't care less about anyone in this game, I think it's safe to say that the majority of people who become friends in CN consider themselves to be legitimate friends in one realm or the other. I considered Dingo to be a friend just the same on Planet Bob as I considered him to be one on Planet Earth.[/OOC]

Dingo, you were one crazy dude, and I'm going to miss having someone to talk to on IRC in the early morning, and someone to talk to on [ooc]facebook late at night.[/ooc] You were a pain in the ass sometimes, but you were a good friend that I will remember long after this [ooc]game[/ooc] passes, like all things do in time.

I know Dingo loved Joan Jett, so I dedicate this song to him. As another comrade pointed out yesterday, not only is this song from one of Dingos' favorite bands, this song pretty much perfectly wraps up the kind of person Dingo was, as he pointed out to us all time and time again.

Sleep well, comrade. May you find the peace of mind now that you could never achieve in this life. Lepäile rauhassa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOdLQp0JWQ0

(Sorry about the dominately OOC elements of this post, mods, but it is what it is.)

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

On behalf of Farkistan, I wish to offer our heartfelt condolences to Dingo's friends and family both here in CN and in RL.

Dingo was a member of Fark for awhile and is well remembered for his sense of humor and sense of community. There are several Farkers who considered Dingo to be a friend and are very saddened to hear of his loss. For anyone to die as young is always a tragedy, but the lives he has touched in his time here will always keep his memory alive in our hearts and minds.

We will definitely miss him. :(

/me hoists a cold one in his memory.
//me lowers the Farkistan flag to half-staff.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1312920163' post='2776077']
[OOC]Cybernations is just a game. It's not real. The politics are fake, the wars are fake, the treatys are fake. What is very much real, I have come to find, is the relationships that one tends to build with people. Besides the few of you who couldn't care less about anyone in this game, I think it's safe to say that the majority of people who become friends in CN consider themselves to be legitimate friends in one realm or the other. I considered Dingo to be a friend just the same on Planet Bob as I considered him to be one on Planet Earth.[/OOC][/quote]
Well said.