CoC-UFE Relations

The building Grand Chancellor Sergei Aleksandrov sat inside was a familiar one. It had not been so very long ago that it had hosted representatives of five different governments in a single meeting. The pact proposed had failed among those represented, but the grand old building naturally still stood, waiting for another moment to open its large wooden doors to host guests of the Grand Chancellor. Such an occasion presented itself in the planned meeting of Cyrantia's leadership and a representative of the United Federation of the East.

After a brief cleaning by staff of the great conference room in which the summit had been held, Aleksandrov felt satisfied. He knew the Federation's representative would be on his way, and when he arrived he would be well received. The Grand Chancellor aimed to impress - his nation's neutrality thus far with the United Federation of the East was not harmful, but had to be addressed. One of the region's great powers was not to be ignored forever, and Cyrantia had to be on good terms with them.

The Grand Chancellor and High Chancellor of Foreign Affairs Dmitry Garin sat down at the aged dark wood table. It was quite oversized for just a few men and obviously meant for many attendees such as those of the summit, but at the same time it was oddly inviting and attractive. The Grand Chancellor felt it would serve a meeting well and decided against replacing it with a smaller surface. With most everything prepared, the men sat back to wait for their guest.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

The Grand Vizier of the United Federation of the East was a man used to jet lag, yet he felt that he was more and more living his life on an air plane. Since the birth of his son, and his wife's health, Jia had largely avoided traveling except when it was necessary and as such that left much of his diplomatic workload to Wei. Wei estimated that in the past several months, that had he flown commercial he would have already qualified for the most elite of air line clubs.

Arriving at the meeting, he was well put together as usual, wearing his standard conservative style charcoal colored suit, but he definitely had bags under his eyes, having just returned from Austria, and having spent most of the days before his latest trip counting votes in the General Secretary Elections.

Entering the room the Grand Vizier nodded, "Hello, I am Wei Hai, Grand Vizier of the United Federation of the East."

The Chancellors both stood to greet the Grand Vizier. They both shook his hand and bid him welcome, but Garin abruptly left the room. His absence would not greatly affect the meeting, but Aleksandrov felt it necessary to explain it anyway. He motioned for the Grand Vizier to take a seat in one of the overstuffed leather chairs.

"[i]Welcome back to the Chancellery of Cyrantia, Grand Vizier. May we offer you anything? We have quite the assortment of drinks here if you'd like.[/i]"

Aleksandrov took a moment to pour himself a glass of water from a bottle. The ice in the cup cracked with the introduction of the liquid, a sound he always enjoyed. He raised the glass and took a sip, then continued.

"[i]I apologize for High Chancellor Garin's abrupt leaving. He has been summoned by a treaty partner of ours unexpectedly, and left to represent us in talks with them. Anyhow, I've invited you here to discuss a relationship between my nation and the United Federation of the East. We of Cyrantia recognize the importance of good terms between neighbors, and could not ignore your presence in our region any further. Does the United Federation of the East have any interest in being tied to Cyrantia? If this is a one-sided interest, I fear any talks may be useless between us, and we'd like to avoid superfluity.[/i]"

"I will take tea... preferably pu'ar if you have it." Wei said. Studying the proposal, the premier paused.

"It depends on what you mean by tied to your nation. We have no objection to economic or basic security cooperation ties. It is our policy that nations in this region are afforded the basic respect which all nations should be afforded, and that they must take action to lose this status. If you're asking about a sort of military treaty, I think that we should have a discussion about each other's goals before we decide on something or not." Wei said. "We take pride in our capability to wield an extremely reliable coalition of allies and do not enter into these relationships lightly."

"[i]We certainly do have pu'ar, one of my aides will fetch a kettle. In fact, pu'ar is one of my personal favorite teas, but it's been quite a while since I've had any myself. I think I'll join you in a cup or two.[/i]"

The Grand Chancellor looked towards an aide standing ready in a corner of the room. The man nodded and walked out, soon to return with a kettle of the tea, two cups, and various embellishments, such as sugar. Taking the final drops of the glass of ice water into his mouth, Aleksandrov considered a moment and responded.

"[i]We appreciate your recognition and respect of our sovereignty. As for an economic agreement, we are all for it, but we also desire military ties, should we find common ground between us. I can respect the Federation's caution and planning in signing military agreements. I'd be more than pleased to discuss goals and priorities with you, if you feel it is necessary to test our compatibility.[/i]"

At that moment the aide returned, carrying a finely made silver tea set. The tea's fine scent filled the area around the table, and was pleasant for Aleksandrov. When the aide placed it down on the table, the Grand Chancellor motioned for Wei to pour himself the first cup.

Aleksandrov did the same, but instead of taking an immediate drink he set the cup down on the table.

"[i]Well, what would the United Federation of the East like to know about us specifically? It'd take more than a bit of time to go over every general goal and priority of our nation.[/i]"

An aide walked in at that moment, carrying a fairly large document. Aleksandrov nodded, expecting the delivery, and took the paper in his hands. He laid it down on the table and turned it to face Wei, but not before taking a pen and affixing his signature to the document.

"[i]We have also drafted up this land agreement. We propose purchasing the top half of your region of Transamur. In exchange, we will pay the amount of twelve billion international bancors.[/i]"

[quote][center][size="4"]CoC-UFE Land Transfer[/size][/center]

[b]Agreement:[/b] In signing this document, the United Federation of the East agrees to cede the following area of the region of Transamur to the Chancellery of Cyrantia. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Primorsky_in_Russia.svg]The part of Transamur above the highlighted region shall enter into the national territory and control of Cyrantia.[/url]

[b]Payment:[/b] In exchange for the transfer of the aforementioned area of Transamur, the United Federation of the East shall be paid the sum of twelve billion international bancors. The price shall be paid by international wire transfer directly to the government of the United Federation of the East.

Signed for the Chancellery of Cyrantia

Sergei Aleksandrov
Grand Chancellor of the State

Signed for the United Federation of the East[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

"We'd be willing to discuss transferring the following land to you.

[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2806/picture4hn.png[/img]

I'm afraid I am not willing to part with the Southern land which is far more populated by the Federation, and also includes territories also belonging to Austria." Wei said. "Outlined as well would be the UFE territorial water ways we'd maintain.

Aleksandrov took a look at the land and water outline and nodded. He motioned for an edited version of the previously presented document, which was provided. Again he affixed his signature and offered the document to Wei, hoping the Grand Vizier would be satisfied with the minor changes.

[quote][center][size="4"]CoC-UFE Land Transfer[/size][/center]

[b]Agreement:[/b] In signing this document, the United Federation of the East agrees to cede [url=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2806/picture4hn.png]this area[/url] of the region of Transamur to the Chancellery of Cyrantia. The marked territorial waters will remain in the control of the United Federation of the East.

[b]Payment:[/b] In exchange for the transfer of the aforementioned area of Transamur, the United Federation of the East shall be paid the sum of twelve billion international bancors. The price shall be paid by international wire transfer directly to the government of the United Federation of the East.

Signed for the Chancellery of Cyrantia

Sergei Aleksandrov
Grand Chancellor of the State

Signed for the United Federation of the East[/quote]