Can I axe a question?

Dontasemebro

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dontasemebro' timestamp='1312514501' post='2772349']
I know I'm going to get trolled, scolded, etc. for this but...

Why don't people like the RIA? Did we do something wrong in the last war? Because, as far as I remember, we try to be stand-up folks. But lately, people have been calling us terrible. Not just calling us terrible, but being openly hostile and talking about how [s]we're going to get rolled [/s]EDIT: they want to destroy us. Really? What is the CB? Don't we have to spy on you or attack your protectorate in order for you to have a decent "cb" as it's so important in this game?

tl;dr Why don't you like the RIA?
inb4 Xiphosis.
[/quote]

Never fear my friend the NPL's superior nuclear armament facilities will simply smite all of your black evil foe's from this god forsaken crater of a planet before you can say "Xiphosis Crusade at Update!". Just remember to duck and cover before we hit that big red button... we are working on this new orbital drop Cluster H-Bomb system and it tends to get a little nasty!!! B-)

Actually, the real reason is that there is blood in the water. People have been polishing their guns and stocking their ammo for some time now and know that something is going to happen soon. While many people probably like your alliance, me included, nevertheless some perceive your bloc, and by extension your alliance, as the weakest due to a lack of numbers, political capital, allies, ect., and so the most profitable to hit. Even relatively benign alliances become polarized by those who sit on the opposite sides of the battlefield.

It's to the benefit of the aggressor to paint their victims in the worst light possible. That's why you're catching so much !@#$. Mild annoyance becomes vitriolic mudslinging to hype up the aggressors. Just watch a nature documentary.

Only the weak compromise. Even using conciliatory tones (such as your SF thread), while laudable when you have the upper hand, stinks of appeasement when you're at the bottom and churns the bloodlust of those who most dislike you. This is accelerated when those at your peripheral begin pulling away once they sense the closing of a trap. You'll know that is the case when you realize those people circled around you aren't your allies but enemies holding rocks.

Someone must be put upon the altar for sacrifice every few months. Maybe you guys will make it out of the coming clash fine, maybe negative public sentiment will switch to another alliance or bloc as the power shifts. But someone is going to get ground up and strapped to the whipping post of months long reparations. The public demands it.

So, don't take it personally.

Edited by Kzoppistan

You have no idea how tempted I am to make a parody thread of this with each instance of "RIA" in the OP replaced by "GOONS".

EDIT: To answer the question in the OP: The reasoning behind the VE/RIA cancellation and that time RV was an RIA member and he supplied uranium to a nuke rogue intentionally to nuke us and you excused it because we were a tech raiding alliance. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.

EDIT2: Oh also the SOS tie.

Edit3: Also your last birthday thread almost hardlocked my work computer.

EDIT4:
[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1312530166' post='2772517']
I didn't even know you closed the embassy, I could care less tbh.
[/quote]
Using "I could care less".

Edited by Sardonic

RIA has plenty of good people (Delta :wub:) and I don't personally dislike them, but at the same time, I can see why others may. They have some pretty lame ties (SOS? Really?) and I was really starting to get pissed off with the size of that anniversary thread OP, for instance.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312550775' post='2772604']
EDIT: To answer the question in the OP: The reasoning behind the VE/RIA cancellation and that time RV was an RIA member and he supplied uranium to a nuke rogue intentionally to nuke us and you excused it because we were a tech raiding alliance. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.
[/quote]

Just to jump in,

1: RIA is a tech raiding alliance
2: RV was in RIA for like 5 days
3: I don't remember this at all, and I was in RIA gov at that time. Who did you talk to in RIA about this?

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1312555220' post='2772623']
3: I don't remember this at all, and I was in RIA gov at that time. Who did you talk to in RIA about this?
[/quote]

Yeah wow RV got in no such funny business that the main people in RIA actually know about. I know, I'm the HNIC

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1312555220' post='2772623']
Just to jump in,

1: RIA is a tech raiding alliance
[/quote]
Admittedly this was probably around two years ago. I'm convinced RV was in RIA for vastly more than 5 days though and this was before I appreciated his style. I can't say with a whole lot of clarity who I talked to at the time, but it might have been thunder-something?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312559873' post='2772659']
Admittedly this was probably around two years ago. I'm convinced RV was in RIA for vastly more than 5 days though and this was before I appreciated his style. I can't say with a whole lot of clarity who I talked to at the time, but it might have been thunder-something?
[/quote]

I'll ask around and see if anyone else has heard about this. I can't imagine us taking a stand against tech raiding seeing as how we ourselves raid.

I also stand corrected RV was in RIA for almost a month and a half, from March 24, 2010 to May 08, 2010.

Best post from that time btw:
[quote]* C-zom walks into topic and smells a lot of Axe and hears someone with a loud speaker
* C-zom sees rebel virginia[/quote]

Edited by James Dahl

I don't like you because some of you started on Gamefaqs and I am butthurt because I got banned from Gamefaqs.

In all seriousness I don't think many alliances or people "hate" you guys, they more or less don't like SF and therefore have rocky relationships with you guys. I have no problems with you and you seem to generally be quite the nice alliance

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1312550775' post='2772604']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I had forgotten about that. Fun times. Looking back at it, I really should have tried harder to get RIA rolled.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1312573279' post='2772794']
[color="#0000FF"]I had forgotten about that. Fun times. Looking back at it, I really should have tried harder to get RIA rolled.[/color]
[/quote]

You still have time.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1312575970' post='2772818']
Yall are doing a dandy job yourselves.
[/quote]

I don't think anything we do would change what seems to be the path that the current powers that be are heading towards.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1312576011' post='2772819']
To be honest RV you actually fit in pretty well here, though you obviously didn't find the juicy info or drama you were looking for.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, I never did fit in at RIA. You see, I happen to have a sense of humor than is more refined than the average five year old.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1312577774' post='2772842']
[color="#0000FF"]No, I never did fit in at RIA. You see, I happen to have a sense of humor than is more refined than the average five year old.[/color]
[/quote]

You wound me, RV. I thought we had something special.

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1312576515' post='2772826']
I don't think anything we do would change what seems to be the path that the current powers that be are heading towards.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So you assume that the reason the world wants to roll you is "just because?" That they'd be doing it regardless of what you or do not do. Well, big fellow, I got news for you. You've done a lot to irritate a lot of people, that is true, but there are still quite a few people who you could or could have won over to your side. Well, assuming that you find a different way of presenting yourself. The woe is us and the unfair persecution bits aren't winning you much respect, let me tell you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1312578835' post='2772848']
[color="#0000FF"]So you assume that the reason the world wants to roll you is "just because?" That they'd be doing it regardless of what you or do not do. Well, big fellow, I got news for you. You've done a lot to irritate a lot of people, that is true, but there are still quite a few people who you could or could have won over to your side. Well, assuming that you find a different way of presenting yourself. The woe is us and the unfair persecution bits aren't winning you much respect, let me tell you.[/color]
[/quote]

That wasn't a woe is us post by any means. I frankly don't care if it's a curbstomp, I've willing subjected myself to those in the past. I rather we stop with the pointless OWF posturing and start the damn war already.

I love me some RIA and have been their diplomat for 3+ years. Even though we've been on opposite sides of every war they've always treated me with nothing but respect and kindness. Their general membership and leaders are always willing to talk business or just clown around and they have a unique and fun community.

I credit RIA for being loyal allies, even when it is hard for them to do so. It's unfortunate that they are tied to certain alliances as that is the only knock they have against them.

o/ cacti