Petition.

We the following Nations. Petition Administrators of Cyber Nations.
For the removal of Sanctions from Game.
They are being used unfairly as a Weapon. Which affects others who are not involved.

Please post.

Ruler Name.
Nation Name.
Nations Link.

And add comments you wish to make.
If you disagree with Petition, Please Don't Post Here. Any abusive posts will be reported to Administration.

[b]Don't Vote for Senators who Sanction.[/b]

Edited by St Mungo

I agree

Ruler Name. boringgame
Nation Name. Yawwn
Nations Link. [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1001284"]http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1001284[/url]

Sanctions AND LE are ridiculous but so is TE now -_-

[quote name='St Mungo' timestamp='1312363661' post='2770839']
We the following Nations. Petition Administrators of Cyber Nations.
For the removal of Sanctions from Game.
[/quote]

I, a nation, do not agree with your proposal.

[quote]They are being used unfairly[/quote]

The purpose of sanctions are to hamper a nations ability to fight by crippling its economy. They are not used against small, defenseless nations. They are used against large, dangerous, nuclear rogue nations that threaten the security of an alliance. These nations often, unfairly, attack non-nuclear nations in order to dish out more damage. This practice is also unfair, and would be a much larger problem if sanctions were removed from the game.

[quote]as a Weapon.[/quote]

The use of sanctions is, and always has been, primarily defensive. Nobody ever just randomly decides to sanction a nation. Nobody ever uses sanctions against a tech raid target. In fact, very very few people will use sanctions as part of an alliance war. They are not weapons, they are shields. They are used solely for defense against rogues.

[quote]Which affects others who are not involved.[/quote]

That may have been true in previous rounds, however in recent times thanks to the resource-changing update (thanks for that, Admin :wub: ) it's is incredibly easy to replace a single lost member of a TC. You can spam nations in TE asking them, or do what I do and get a friend from SE to create a nation and switch their resources to the ones you need. Problem solved. It doesn't even have an effect if you don't buy anything/pay bills/collect taxes for the 15 minutes you're missing the trade.

[quote]And add comments you wish to make.[/quote]

Glad to.

[quote]If you disagree with Petition, Please Don't Post Here.[/quote]

Hi, welcome to a discussion forum! You can't block dissenting opinions from being presented. I would encourage you to read the forum rules:

[quote]No Discussion Forums
There are forums that are not for discussion and are used strictly for game and forum staff to address certain issues, bugs, etc. The following forums are not open to discussion: Report Game Abuse, Report Forum Abuse, and Warn/Ban Appeals. Only moderators and the original poster may post in a thread, period, with absolutely no exceptions. Users found disobeying this guideline will receive an automatic warning for each offense.
[/quote]

No mention of the Suggestion Box, and no mention of "unless the OP requests otherwise."

[quote]Don't Vote for Senators who Sanction.[/quote]

Yes, instead, vote for senators who sit on their backsides and do nothing! Woo! Yeah! Rock the Vote!

[quote name='KevinJ' timestamp='1312385798' post='2770949']
Fleegle mentions earlier in this thread that it's no wonder people are leaving TE I won't be playing again either.
[/quote]

If that's the case, why should your signature on a petition mean anything to us?

Do i think Fleegle should have gotten sanctioned, not necessarily. Should sanctions get removed... No.
If you are at war and a rouge hits you... they should be sanctioned.

But you do have to vote for the right senators that dont use them the wrong way [TBP] :awesome:

Edit: O yea. Dont really think you can tell me not to post here :smug:

Edited by Stelios

OP has a long standing policy of not condoning sanctions on the BLUE sphere. Keeping that in mind we do not, however, think that sanctions should be removed from the game. Sanctions are even more designed to be a weapon of war as TCs are much more customizable and often times members of a TC are members of the same AA. We can certainly see the strategic value during wartime in using sanctions but all too often it hurts others who have no beef in the fight. If a nation does not wish to be sanctioned they should either switch to BLUE and vote for an OP senator or make a deal with one of the sphere senators on which their TC resides or pick their TC members more carefully and not admit ones who may rogue.

Edit:

I have to vote NO on removing sanctions.

Edited by paul711

[quote]If you disagree with Petition, Please Don't Post Here.[/quote]

It is true I cant stop anyone from posting here..

If you disagree with Petition. You were asked not to. This thread was meant for those who like me disagree with Sanctions.

I would have liked to have heard the opinions of people who had been Sanctioned.

If they think it was necessary or fair. Which I don't believe are. Wouldnt you?

They haven't been given a chance.

So how about it. Please dont Hijack Topic.
Let us who dont agree with Saction Express our opionions. Please.

I've never been sanctioned, because I've never done anything stupid like going rogue on LE. I will say this though: Most nuclear rogues know what they're getting into when they go rogue.

Also, nobody who disagrees with you is just going to sit by and let you post this. The point of a petition is to show how much support your idea has. Why would the people who oppose your idea let it look like there was a unanimous opinion in favor of your idea?

Nobody is hijacking anything. You started a thread about removing sanctions from the game, and people are expressing their opinions about that very topic. Saying "But it's off topic because this was supposed to be only for people who agreed with my idea" is ridiculous. If someone tried that with a DoW topic, they'd be laughed off the OWF.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1312408842' post='2771177']
Whoever supports this petition is getting sanctioned.
[/quote]

Hmmm... get sanctioned on blue by one of your puppet senators, possibly start a war for OP? You put forward a strong argument for signing this petition. :ehm:

Though, seriously, on topic, I've had a trade partner get sanctioned before (in the days before you could choose trades). It just ended up in me roguing LE several times since then, where ironically, I've never been sanctioned for any roguing. Sanctions can't be used liberally, they invoke a lot of anger from the victims, and you'll end up facing an angry mob. A sanction-mad senator will get rogued on a lot.

Blue was the biggest color sphere for some of the past few rounds due to its non-sanction policy. Sanctions aren't even so bad any more; if a trade partner gets sanctioned, you just ask another friend to make a TE nation and temp trade you.

So, while I hate being on the receiving end of sanctions, they add an element of fun to the game. Also the "don't vote for people who sanction" mentality doesn't work, people will keep voting for people who won't sanction them and don't really give a damn if they sanction others.

Edited by MrMuz

This is the Tournament Edition [b]suggestion[/b] box, not a petition box. If you wish to [b]discuss[/b] the mechanic of sanctions, you may do so in a suitable thread. If you wish to discuss the politics around sanctions, the suggestion box is not the correct location for that.

iLock