National War Memorial changes

I think the cost of the National War Memorial should be doubled, the happiness bonus should be doubled to +8 (or maybe more), and the casualty requirement should be increased to 100k or maybe even 150k. Maybe there could even be a requirement that some of the 150k must be from attacking causualties.

Maybe this will give some of the flag chasers incentive to fight more. Thoughts?

I just had another idea. Remove the casualty requirement, but give +2.5 happiness for every 50K casualties (+.05 happiness per 1000 casualties). This should be capped, maybe at +10 happiness at 200K casualties. Flag chasers could get a serious income boost but would have to literally fight for it.

[quote name='grandmonarch' timestamp='1312320814' post='2770342']
I just had another idea. Remove the casualty requirement, but give +2.5 happiness for every 50K casualties (+.05 happiness per 1000 casualties). This should be capped, maybe at +10 happiness at 200K casualties. Flag chasers could get a serious income boost but would have to literally fight for it.
[/quote]

+10 happiness is really high, might be better if it were around +7 or +8. But this would give an interesting angle of play, I like the idea.

It shouldn't be really be used as discouragement to flag runners. As I've said before, flag runners will often have very high casualties. Leprechaun, the "slot filled" flag winner of last round, finished at over 300k casualties (almost all defensive, of course). Buying soldiers is relatively cheap, and for blatant flag runners, who often have a 1k infra advantage, they may actually have a good reason to keep full soldiers. A change like this will simply encourage the play style to suit more prominent flag running, like guys sitting on 3999 infra, in an attempt to goad people into giving them early casualties.

Before someone proposes that the casualties should be made aggressive... well, that would greatly increase raiding and the number of 'light' non-nuclear wars purely made to beef up casualties. And it won't really stop flag runners from engaging in such light wars as well.