The Announcement you've Been Waiting For...

[quote name='CnaedmacAilpn' timestamp='1312242517' post='2769487']
Yet those here are not [b]these guys[/b], rather, they are [b]your guys[/b]. You are the protector of the protectorate, and Nemhauser has explicitly said that the words of the ex-leader is not representative or true, so are you telling us something different?
[/quote]
He is speaking of our engagement prior to their...or rather KW's capitulation.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought protectors chose alliances to protect based on the trust that the protectorate would keep out of trouble and hopefully not bring a bad name on itself, and therefore to some extent onto those who are protecting.

Some people don't deserve to be protected, so don't give them that privilege, and therefore don't allow them to make the same old mistakes.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1312245968' post='2769536']
Interesting.

I'm thinking you already knew what many of us learned only today.

You would have been wise to remain [b]silent[/b].
[/quote]

I see what you did there :smug:

I just learned the same thing not but a few days ago, assuming we're talking about the same thing, that is.

Edit: Perhaps it wasn't who I thought it was after all. Nevermind then.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1312247056' post='2769558']
I thought protectors chose alliances to protect based on the trust that the protectorate would keep out of trouble and hopefully not bring a bad name on itself, and therefore to some extent onto those who are protecting.

Some people don't deserve to be protected, so don't give them that privilege, and therefore don't allow them to make the same old mistakes.
[/quote]

I think we failed in that position based on your description, my friend.

We should never start an alliance without understanding that it will require a lot of time and dedication. Then if we ever leave, we should only leave the alliance in the hands of our most trusted alliance mates. However, even after we are gone, we have to expect that there may be changes. Sometimes, we may not like those changes. I hope you find a new path.

Make me the Viceroy and I will somewhat turn your alliance around. Instead of crashing into the ground, I'll aim for a mountain.

Honestly though, what did you expect?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1312303649' post='2770146']
And have ol' marxie put us both on the ZI list? You're on!!
[/quote]

ZI is the answer to everything~

Edited by Emperor Marx

Leading an alliance is like leading a horse.[i] Never let go of the reins.[/i]

If you have to stop for a bit, just wrap them around the neck of your closest friend, after making sure his hands are tied. Then when you are done conversing with the tinkle-fairy, get those guidelines back into your hands with firmness.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312347937' post='2770771']
Classy way to leave your alliance and give your goodbye to former comrades.
[/quote]I suppose that depends on whether or not he was ousted, like he said. If this was the case, then they certainly did not act like comrades.

[quote name='CnaedmacAilpn' timestamp='1312355356' post='2770819']
I suppose that depends on whether or not he was ousted, like he said. If this was the case, then they certainly did not act like comrades.
[/quote]
Wilhelm I passed the throne to Wilhelm von Berlin, as he no longer had time to act as Kaiser. Five days later, he demanded his position back. We all know it doesn't work like that. I am disappointed about the course of action Wilhelm I has taken, as I believe he let a personal grudge with Chris prevail over his alliance's well-being. He speaks of TGE's past shenanigans, but his post is exactly the kind of thing that was part of the old TGE.

That said, TGE will continue to do what it has been doing the past three weeks, as one disgruntled member does not determine the future of an alliance.

Edited by Nemhauser

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1312342818' post='2770708']
My thoughts exactly. TGE should have never been brought back, let it die with the little dignity it has left.
[/quote]
You talk about it as if it had any dignity to begin with.

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1312389728' post='2770991']
Wilhelm I passed the throne to Wilhelm von Berlin, as he no longer had time to act as Kaiser. Five days later, he demanded his position back. We all know it doesn't work like that. I am disappointed about the course of action Wilhelm I has taken, as I believe he let a personal grudge with Chris prevail over his alliance's well-being. He speaks of TGE's past shenanigans, but his post is exactly the kind of thing that was part of the old TGE.

That said, TGE will continue to do what it has been doing the past three weeks, as one disgruntled member does not determine the future of an alliance.
[/quote]
Thanks for that. That was why I said "If this was the case", because rumour control has been going into overdrive recently and frankly I really was not sure what, or who to believe.

Well he has left and Chris has left so perhaps some degree of normality can return to them.