ATTENTION FARK:

Cynic1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1312290193' post='2770008']
Actually, if you have accomplished something was to increase the cordiality between Fark and NG. Both alliances acted as gentlemen.
[/quote]

Unpossible! This is a conspiracy! Haflinger said so.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1312290088' post='2770005']
So what i got from this whole thread is:

[list]
[*]Cynic's a whistleblower who happens to be a tiny nation and easy to give retribution.
[*]X-NV-X the MoD of NG was doing the spying has a large nation and 11k tech and if they tried giving punishment would probably rip them a new arsehole.
[*]Cynic is treated as the spy.
[*]X-NV-X gets sacked from goverment? doesnt have to pay reps? doesnt get kicked from the alliance?
[/list]

So i can see where Cynic is coming from when the person who spied got a slap on the wrist... So either scared little kiddys to not give him more than a slap on the wrist or support the use of spy attacks within your alliance? :huh:
[/quote]
I was middle of the line earlier in the argument but I gotta say, this man talks real sense.

Cynic gets the harsh treatment just for spotting and revealing this spying job, but the perpetrator gets off with nothing more than a telling off? Shouldn't this be be the other way around? By all means, inform me if I'm missing something, but it doesn't look pretty on NG's behalf right now. If Non Grata condones spying, just let us all know now rather than having us guess.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1312279243' post='2769960']
Everything makes sense in this thread, the butthurt, the log dropping and call outs, typical OWF asshatery.

Except one thing that bothers me, the guy who actually spied seems to be still in NG and doing fine....are there actually any repurcussions or did he get off scott free?

It doesn't bother me, but I thought spying usually involved a beatdown and/or reps.
[/quote]

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1312290088' post='2770005']
So what i got from this whole thread is:

[list]
[*]Cynic's a whistleblower who happens to be a tiny nation and easy to give retribution.
[*]X-NV-X the MoD of NG was doing the spying has a large nation and 11k tech and if they tried giving punishment would probably rip them a new arsehole.
[*]Cynic is treated as the spy.
[*]X-NV-X gets sacked from goverment? doesnt have to pay reps? doesnt get kicked from the alliance?
[/list]

So i can see where Cynic is coming from when the person who spied got a slap on the wrist... So either scared little kiddys to not give him more than a slap on the wrist or support the use of spy attacks within your alliance? :huh:
[/quote]

So if I get this right. Seems as if NG is pissed off because they are seen to condone spying? And FARK didn't do anything about it...so draw what you will there. Not as if I care a rat's ass but would like to know for future reference if needed.

And in the end you are both just mad because he is airing dirty laundry in public.

actually I guess I dont blame you for pounding him...no one here looks good.

Thank you,

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1312253678' post='2769693']
Good to see things resolved?

I guess?

:unsure:
[/quote]

No thanks to Xiphosis, who genuinely attempted to convince FARK into starting a war over the issue.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312300040' post='2770096']
No thanks to Xiphosis, who genuinely attempted to convince FARK into starting a war over the issue.
[/quote]
[i]Finally[/i] something popcorn worthy in this thread.

[/quote]

But at the end of the day his attempts at casting war charms and other sorts of spells were for naught. Next time buy the wand with the phoenix core feather, Xiphosis.

No thanks to Xiphosis, who genuinely attempted to convince FARK into starting a war over the issue.[/quote]

There was a valid CB in play, what did you expect? Restraint?

Mind you, I think it's too bad he didn't convince them it was the right war to fight... :v:

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1312253988' post='2769703']
Not your fault, he decided to make an internal matter no one cares about into a public matter that nobody cares about. On the plus side with this you can do whatever you want with him and most people will say he asked for it.[/quote]

We crossed over the line somewhere on page 4 or 5 of this.

I *could* have gave a damn once, but now...not so much. <_<

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1312306184' post='2770168']
You guys are missing the point of why Cynic has been punished..

Its not the FARK thing the biggest problem..

Its trying to sabotage a treaty and dumping logs.
[/quote]
Actually...

The Fark thing [b]is[/b] the biggest problem, given that there have been extremely few times in the history of Bob when an alliance has taken a spy attack lying down. They haven't even punished the actual offender for $%&@ sake.

[quote name='Vladius Dreadfire' timestamp='1312309395' post='2770190']
Actually...

The Fark thing [b]is[/b] the biggest problem, given that there have been extremely few times in the history of Bob when an alliance has taken a spy attack lying down. They haven't even punished the actual offender for $%&@ sake.
[/quote]

Thing is the offender has been punished, it was a mistake..and FARK understood that. I don't see why its bothering you?

[/quote]
Actually shouldn't we thank him? I'd love to see someone in SF/XX hit PB directly. It would make PB's decision much easier. :smug:

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1312309891' post='2770201']
Thing is the offender has been punished, it was a mistake..and FARK understood that. I don't see why its bothering you?
[/quote]

I can answer that one for you. He's from NPO.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1312309891' post='2770201']
[/quote]
Kicking him out of government was punishment enough for committing what is essentially an act of war? No reps? No limited warfare ops? Give me a break here. Why the hell did the dumb !@#$ do it in the first place, can anyone tell me that?

What's bothering me is that Cynic, the guy who spotted and rightfully exposed this travesty, is now on the recieving end of a ZI order, whereas the person who committed the actual offence is being let off with such a lenient punishment it's not even funny.

[quote name='Vladius Dreadfire' timestamp='1312311717' post='2770229']
Kicking him out of government was punishment enough for committing what is essentially an act of war? No reps? No limited warfare ops? Give me a break here. Why the hell did the dumb !@#$ do it in the first place, can anyone tell me that?

What's bothering me is that Cynic, the guy who spotted and rightfully exposed this travesty, is now on the recieving end of a ZI order, whereas the person who committed the actual offence is being let off with such a lenient punishment it's not even funny.
[/quote]
Cynic is receiving ZI for something else <_> check timestamps on this post and on the wars

[quote name='Vladius Dreadfire' timestamp='1312311717' post='2770229']
[/quote]

Non Grata gov approached FARK before Cynic 'exposed' it. The situation was handled privately between FARK and NG gov.

This entire topic has no point, other than an attempt at smearing our image and feeding Cynic's attention.

Fear's punishment has been set, and since FARK chose not to pursue anything more over something as trivial as a "gather intel" operation we can all move on.

EDIT: "trivial" as in not much to start a war over. Thought I should clarify that. I'm sure half of you will disagree though.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom