ATTENTION FARK:

Cynic1

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1312418683' post='2771320']
They came in much later...like I said.
[/quote]

Yeah, because that was the plan. Not because they were surprised and then decided to fight out of the goodness of their hearts and concern for their longtime friends (of two weeks) MK. Please try not to be such a rube.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1312418683' post='2771320']
I believe it's been widely known that it was Roquentin's idea. He was not in TOP, and indeed, not in MK at the time either.
Thanks for playing
[/quote]

Yup, Roquentin never discussed attacking NPO with anyone from TOP or MK (or any other alliance, for that matter), prior to DH declaring war. :rolleyes: He never had opportunities or reasons two speak with leaders of those two alliances. Are you pretending to be stupid or are you just astoundingly ignorant?

Edited by Krack

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312406237' post='2771154']
Frankly, MK and TOP's latest stunt has put them in the same situation NPO placed itself in during the summer of 2008 (after it separated from and then orchestrated the attack on Polar). [/quote]

I disagree. TOP recently signed a bloc treaty (admittedly, the bloc pretty much already existed) and MK recently signed a treaty with Nordreich, a member of this up-and-coming bloc you may have heard of called Mjolnir. And with PB moving towards DR*, I think MK and TOP are in a very comfortable spot at the moment. Definitely in a strong enough position to roll Polar again, anyway. MK is as well connected as they were before the NPO pre-empt, and nobody is gonna roll TOP any time soon either.

*The NG-IRON and Umb-IRON treaties are "only" ODPs like the Fark-NpO treaty is "only" an ODP

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312406237' post='2771154']
Meh. If someone wants a war, none of that other stuff matters. Frankly, MK and TOP's latest stunt has put them in the same situation NPO placed itself in during the summer of 2008 (after it separated from and then orchestrated the attack on Polar). They may have won the latest war, but to do it, they had to demonstrate themselves as completely untrustworthy to the rest of Planet Bob. NPO attacking Polar directly resulted in Karma a year later - it was the point where everyone else said "You know, they just manipulated everyone to screw an alliance we hate, but next time they may manipulate everyone to screw us. It's got to stop soon or we won't be able to stop it." My personal opinion is MK and TOP are in that position now.*

If they were smart, they'd just say to themselves "Well, we accomplished some of what we wanted (second NPO beating)," and call it a day. But my guess (pure speculation) is the only way MK got TOP to agree to go after NPO was the promise that Polar was next. So now MK boxed themselves into a predicament. They made a deal with the devil where the smartest exit strategy puts them in the place where Polar is right now.

Could a group work behind the scenes and potentially gather a group to attack XX? Yeah, it could happen. And could they win? Possibly, but I doubt it. And unlike NPO using meatshields, I have to believe XX isn't dumb enough to beat on the underlings; the ringleaders on the aggressive side would be the ones to be hurt. I can't forsee any way in which it would be productive for them to even try. And after it was over, it would just further strengthen the perception that one side is just trying to stir up incidents and settle old scores while the other side was minding their own business and forming coalitions for defense.

Sure, there are a lot of dumb and naive alliances (and alliance leaders) on Bob, but eventually they wake up. Put another way, GPA may have got beaten down, Polar may have been excommunicated and pounded, but it resulted in NPO and IRON losing half their NS. Anti-social behavior always catches up to you eventually.

[size="1"]*You know you've screwed up when you made NPO sympathetic.[/size]
[/quote]

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312416225' post='2771288']
... says the guy who is suggesting TOP had absolutely nothing to do with NPO's recent beat down.
[/quote]

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312421282' post='2771361']
Yeah, because that was the plan. Not because they were surprised and then decided to fight out of the goodness of their hearts and concern for their longtime friends (of two weeks) MK. Please try not to be such a rube.

Yup, Roquentin never discussed attacking NPO with anyone from TOP or MK (or any other alliance, for that matter), prior to DH declaring war. :rolleyes: He never had opportunities or reasons two speak with leaders of those two alliances. Are you pretending to be stupid or are you just astoundingly ignorant?
[/quote]

Listen, quite frankly there are laws in my country, preventing my child labourers from pulling 18 hour shifts. That fancy oversized tinfoil hat your sporting didn't just mass crumple on it's own you know.

<FLORIDA>

Edited by FlogYou

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312421282' post='2771361']

[/quote]

You attributed the war on NPO to MK and TOP, when it's widely acknowledged that it was an Umbrella suggested plan, carried off first AND foremost by Doomhouse and FAN (aren't they one of Fark's good buddies?), and at a later date TOP, along with VE, members of C&G, and a number of other alliances all took part. Yet somehow it's TOP and MK who did it all, according to you and your insane conspiracy filled mind.