Quarterly Question Period

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312300022' post='2770094']
Ragnarok currently has 118 members. Once upon a time, that number was around 600. While certainly competition for new members is more intense now than it was back then for a variety of reasons, are there plans for enhancing your recruiting efforts to increase your numbers and if so are there any of those plans you are willing to share?
[/quote]

The focus has shifted from pure recruiting to actually building those recruits into quality members... we actually kick out newbies that are really inactive with some frequency... if we could have 600 active engaged members we would, but we'd rather have 100-150 active ones than 600 that are mostly inactive.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1312302194' post='2770124']
Do you guys still do Xeny Trains?
[/quote]
Nope. We discontinued Xeny, and other aid programs have taken their place.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312303345' post='2770144']
Whatever happened to Tailsk?

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
[/quote]
TailsK isn't in RoK anymore... I didn't even know he was still in CN.

Also, I'd continue that song but the language filter makes it impossible.

[quote name='Jessebelle' timestamp='1312332206' post='2770537']
What do you guys think of the new merger alliances?
[/quote]

As Joe said, fewer alliances is good, but it's a doubly good scenario as both of the merger alliances are good alliances in their own right.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1312178118' post='2768961']
What is your Opinion on Mogar related matters?
[/quote]

I have a secret affection for Mogar

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1312179383' post='2768980']
Your Motto is: "To Hell and Back, Together." Do you find it ironic you cancelled/lost nearly all of your treaties after this last war?
[/quote]

Not at all. There are alliances in this game I would go to hell and back for, some I dont even have a treaty with.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1312239532' post='2769449']
How is Kait going? I've not caught her in ages I hope the Hoo-tuplets are brewing well!!! :)
[/quote]

Wally :wub: The Hoolets are brewing nicely ;)

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312245722' post='2769530']
If you could change one thing you've done in 2011, what would it be and why?
[/quote]

I would have taken my time leaving SF. I reacted to an ultimatum and allowed my temper and outrage over such behavior to make the decision to leave sooner than it needed to be done. While it was in the best interest of Ragnarok my one regret from that decision was the impact it had on RIA.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312220399' post='2769240']
The split was actually very small. We were quick in outlining the issues that led up to our leaving and the vast majority of the membership agreed with us in the end. If anything, the alliance wide sense following our leaving was that it was the right thing to do, but that the memories that we had in SF will last forever. The decision to leave was difficult in retrospect, but given the circumstances at the time, we were confident that the right thing was being done.

We don't consider ourselves very close with SF anymore.
[/quote]
I appeciate the response, was the major decider to leave, SF choosing not to back you guys when you defended NpO or were you guys considering leaving before then? Which current and former SF members do you guys hold treaties with, also which do you consider yourselves still the most closely allied with? Was there any specific alliance in SF you didn't agree with enough to make you guys want to leave or was it more than just one alliance?

Also in the last war, did RIA declaring on both sides make you guys feel any better about their involvement more than if they just chose to help the opposing side or stayed neutral?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312345303' post='2770752']
I appeciate the response, was the major decider to leave, SF choosing not to back you guys when you defended NpO or were you guys considering leaving before then? Which current and former SF members do you guys hold treaties with, also which do you consider yourselves still the most closely allied with? Was there any specific alliance in SF you didn't agree with enough to make you guys want to leave or was it more than just one alliance?

Also in the last war, did RIA declaring on both sides make you guys feel any better about their involvement more than if they just chose to help the opposing side or stayed neutral?
[/quote]

I'm not going to go over exactly why we left SF because it's a controversial topic and it's been plastered around enough on IRC and the OWF for it to be easily found. That having been said, though, it's neither of those possibilities you mentioned. We hold a treaty with Fark but none with the current SF members. As a result, I can't say which of them is my closest ally but our closest friends who's currently in SF is undoubtedly RIA.

RIA helping both sides felt really good for us because it showed how far they were willing to go to help out a friend and ally of theirs. It was an incredibly kind an honorable move and the way we exited SF really didn't do justice for the action they did to help us.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312346221' post='2770757']
I'm not going to go over exactly why we left SF because it's a controversial topic and it's been plastered around enough on IRC and the OWF for it to be easily found. That having been said, though, it's neither of those possibilities you mentioned. We hold a treaty with Fark but none with the current SF members. As a result, I can't say which of them is my closest ally but our closest friends who's currently in SF is undoubtedly RIA.

RIA helping both sides felt really good for us because it showed how far they were willing to go to help out a friend and ally of theirs. It was an incredibly kind an honorable move and the way we exited SF really didn't do justice for the action they did to help us.
[/quote]
Since when I asked about closest ally, I referred to both current and former SF members, I think you answered the question with Fark. RIA is my favorite of the alliances still in SF, but Fark was a big loss to them. Maybe Fark-RoK-RIA would make for a good bloc. I appreciate the response again, even if you understandably don't want to get into specifics on why you left SF. Its good to know RIA fighting both sides wasn't a complete waste and it helped save relations between your alliances despite no longer being in a bloc together.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312346561' post='2770760']
Since when I asked about closest ally, I referred to both current and former SF members, I think you answered the question with Fark. RIA is my favorite of the alliances still in SF, but Fark was a big loss to them. Maybe Fark-RoK-RIA would make for a good bloc. I appreciate the response again, even if you understandably don't want to get into specifics on why you left SF. Its good to know RIA fighting both sides wasn't a complete waste and it helped save relations between your alliances despite no longer being in a bloc together.
[/quote]

There won't be a RIA-Rok treaty anytime in the foreseeable future. Rok burned their bridges when they SF left the way they did.

Edited by SWAT128

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1312350455' post='2770792']
There won't be a RIA-Rok treaty anytime in the foreseeable future. Rok burned their bridges when they SF left the way they did.
[/quote]

This really depends on who you talk to, I mean I'm not angry like I was a few months ago, and I know most RIAers have largely gotten over it by now. It'll be a while until we're ready to talk paper again though, you're right.

I don't think it's like the bridge is burnt though. It's got some char on and it's missing a lot of planks, but it's still there.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312348202' post='2770775']
How long before VE starts really ditching GOD in a big way? Where do you think RIA will go when the last of that anachronism SF falls in?
[/quote]

I don't think RIA will ever leave SF, even if we end up being the only alliance in the bloc.

[/quote]
Considering GOD/CSN didn't have their back at all, as well as only partial support from RIA, it should be no surprise they left SF to the other members. Rather than blame Fark/RoK for leaving, RIA should evaluate whats wrong with the bloc to make others want to leave.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312348202' post='2770775']
How long before VE starts really ditching GOD in a big way? Where do you think RIA will go when the last of that anachronism SF falls in?
[/quote]
You'd have to ask VE or RIA about that one ;)

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1312349985' post='2770790']
If there was one former RoK member (other than Hoo) you could get back in, who would it be and why?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'd like to not believe that the bridge was burned, but I agree that the odds of a treaty any time soon are slim. Then again, if anything valuable came out of last war, it's the knowledge that not all of your good friends are the right people to have as allies.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1312350717' post='2770795']
This really depends on who you talk to, I mean I'm not angry like I was a few months ago, and I know most RIAers have largely gotten over it by now. It'll be a while until we're ready to talk paper again though, you're right.

I don't think it's like the bridge is burnt though. It's got some char on and it's missing a lot of planks, but it's still there.
[/quote]
We've got a lot to work on to bring that relationship to what it used to be, but I'm confident that in time we'll be able to look at this period of animosity as a thing of the past.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312351053' post='2770797']
Considering GOD/CSN didn't have their back at all, as well as only partial support from RIA, it should be no surprise they left SF to the other members. Rather than blame Fark/RoK for leaving, RIA should evaluate whats wrong with the bloc to make others want to leave.
[/quote]
You really shouldn't talk about things you don't know about.

Where has Mykep been!?!

If there was one former RoK member (other than Hoo) you could get back in, who would it be and why?
[/quote]

I don't know that I can narrow it to just one...

BadOmen, Gen_Lee (which is an actual possibility since he's back), You :P, Sander, Rabbit, basically all the guys that were around before I showed up. Besides Hoo and a few others, I feel like the old man on campus here...

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1312362496' post='2770837']
Where has Mykep been!?!
[/quote]

He's got a lot going on with school and life at the moment. He'll be back with a vengeance.

[/quote]
Well, up until then Superfriends were suppose to fight as one, in that war RoK went to war and something broke where Superfriends wasn't fighting as a unified bloc at all.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1312299860' post='2770092']
How has Kait done as Emperor and if you could change one thing about her, what would it be?
[/quote]

Sorry we missed this youwish!

Kait's done quite well as our Empress. Somewhere on page 4 of things I believe she kind of delves a bit into her faults a bit, which is probably a good start to answering your question. If we could change one thing... you know, I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this one. She does the best that she can to lead us and that's really all I can ask for. Maybe it'd be nice to have more baked goods provided to us lowly Lords, but I can understand if she's more focused on rearing the Hoo-lets properly.

Where has Mykep been!?!
[/quote]
He's had school business and other things to take care of... He will be back, and he still pops in to offer his advice.

[quote name='jekalle' timestamp='1312379716' post='2770900']
Sorry we missed this youwish!

Kait's done quite well as our Empress. Somewhere on page 4 of things I believe she kind of delves a bit into her faults a bit, which is probably a good start to answering your question. If we could change one thing... you know, I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this one. She does the best that she can to lead us and that's really all I can ask for. Maybe it'd be nice to have more baked goods provided to us lowly Lords, but I can understand if she's more focused on rearing the Hoo-lets properly.
[/quote]
I thought my cooking was good enough for you! :unsure:

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312387456' post='2770969']
I thought my cooking was good enough for you! :unsure:
[/quote]

Beers, Bacon, and Pie Bob... that's all we ask for!

[/quote]

While the list of former RoK members is impressive, for me it would be Alfred. He was always the voice of reason, and active contributor and invaluable advisor. There are others whos absence is still felt that I would want back such as King Wally, Welsh and the crazy guy that asked us this question.

[/quote]

I'm currently in Ragnarok, chuckles. :P

The Bear Cavalry is not battle ready just yet.