Quarterly Question Period

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1312179383' post='2768980']
Your Motto is: "To Hell and Back, Together." Do you find it ironic you cancelled/lost nearly all of your treaties after this last war?
[/quote]

No.For me,"To Hell and Back" refers only to my fellow RoKkers.And who said this is our first motto? Our prime motto is RoK>RoKkers>Self

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1312179711' post='2768984']
Did your membership make any fuss about it?
[/quote]

No.We love Kait and acknowledge her efforts for the members and the alliance.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312182246' post='2768999']
At the time you guys left SF, how difficult of a decision was it and how split was the alliance on it? Do you guys still consider yourselves very closely aligned with all of SF?
[/quote]

I don't believe we are aligned to "ALL" of them,however I do know that leaving was a very tough decision.The two opinions and the supporters were tough on their positions.Even current government officials were on oposite views and the whole situation was messy.Many used to say, SF is #1 and none questioned that.Polaris was also a great friend to many.Thats my humble opinion and might I add that getting away from both of them was the best thing not to displease (at least,too much) all together.

[quote name='Vladius Dreadfire' timestamp='1312211542' post='2769142']
How long do you think it will take to rebuild Ragnarok to pre-war standards?
[/quote]

Those who had warchest at the minimum requirements could easily stand the war and rebuild.As did I and most of my battalion.To be precise,withing one week after war I had more infra than pre-war and now I have both my WC at (new) minimum and good tech ratio.A rough estimation is that 3/4 of the alliance has rebuilt fully.

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1312225212' post='2769297']
How did it feel when PC rolled you?
[/quote]

Quite boring actually.Fought 13, 1 was extremely good and really destroyed me twice (3v1 on me and 3v1 on him).However,the rest were really weak,medium WCs and more wonders and tech.How they sucked so hard it is almost unbelievable.

[quote name='Deimos27' timestamp='1312229553' post='2769341']
How did it feel to create a public Q&A and get a little trolled all around? Did you expect it? :v:
[/quote]

Having seen the "Trolling since 2007" sig its quite amusing.And yes,it was expected,but,drink a beer and let the sorrow go down.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1312240512' post='2769455']
how hard was it to cancel on both Polar and RIA after fighting a war for the former and the latter being the one to defend you when no one else did
[/quote]

Very.The whole of SF was hard to cancel.RIA a bit more.Most of us still love RIA,our Empress too.We are forever indebted to them.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1312242025' post='2769478']
How do you feel about retaining Tautology as a member after he blatantly and repeatedly lied to the membership while Emperor?
[/quote]

Most of the members haven't been long enough in RoK. I have. I joined RoK,during a war (NPO war),when Taut was the leader and he was great back then.One mistake doesn't cross out all the good deeds you've done. Thats what I believe. [b]I[/b] would still follow Taut,as I will with Kait.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1312246808' post='2769552']
Easy, return the favor for RIA when they needed it.
[/quote]

^ We all agree on that,it seems.

I renounce all responsibilities,I am not a gov member so IF I dissapoint you,feed trolls or whatever...Sorry but my inc is limitless and my shoes big ^_^

[quote name='Lysandros' timestamp='1312287732' post='2769997']
No.For me,"To Hell and Back" refers only to my fellow RoKkers.And who said this is our first motto? Our prime motto is RoK>RoKkers>Self
[/quote]
You are technically correct, "To Hell and Back, Together" was just the forum masthead or banner that got put up during the later stages of the Karma War. I guess from there it sort of caught on and became part of the phrasology and quote pyramids on the RoK boards. Snuck onto IRC like a RoK meme... and yeah.

I don't believe we are aligned to "ALL" of them,however I do know that leaving was a very tough decision.The two opinions and the supporters were tough on their positions.Even current government officials were on oposite views and the whole situation was messy.Many used to say, SF is #1 and none questioned that.Polaris was also a great friend to many.Thats my humble opinion and might I add that getting away from both of them was the best thing not to displease (at least,too much) all together.
[/quote]
While i remember the horrific flamefests and anger management issues over the SF question, and the Polar decision [and subsequently being driven to an IC state of constant drunken-ness] i would not call the decisions reciprocal, while there might have been some connect on the issues, the decisions were separate and both equally fought out.

Very.The whole of SF was hard to cancel.RIA a bit more.Most of us still love RIA,our Empress too.We are forever indebted to them.
[/quote]
This, and if one more person uses the quote about omelettes and eggs, i am going to hate them for ever. That was the absolutely bloody worst !@#$@#$ thing to happen, not the SF exit, but the fact that the SF exit caused the RIA to be distant.

Most of the members haven't been long enough in RoK. I have. I joined RoK,during a war (NPO war),when Taut was the leader and he was great back then.One mistake doesn't cross out all the good deeds you've done. Thats what I believe. [b]I[/b] would still follow Taut,as I will with Kait.
[/quote]
There are those of us that have seen him work wonders and also seen him screw the pooch that one time. Having worked with Taut in that war you mention, and in many other instances and capacities, he is one of the few consistently outperforming government member i have had the pleasure to associate with in my time here. But yeah, based on what i have been told by others of the "screwing the pooch" incident [i was not present for it] i have to agree with the assessment. The poor pooch indeed got screwed to hell and back.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Adelheidi' timestamp='1312275678' post='2769934']
Why not?
[/quote]

If I might...

It's complicated. Traffic. It's for your own good. Because I said so. You can't afford it. Weather. It serves as a reminder. In-laws. It hurts. It's uncomfortable. I'm afraid. Because you already have one. Because you had one before and you broke it. I wasn't strong enough. It wouldn't have worked out anyway. For all the right reasons. For all the wrong reasons. You wouldn't understand. No means no. Go screw yourself, that's why. Do I need to draw you a picture. Because I love you. I don't like you. I hate you. Because I could care less. It's a God thing. God wills it. It wasn't meant to be. Fortuna did not favor us today. The fates conspire against it. You didn't ask politely. You didn't ask. For a dozen reasons. For a hundred reasons. For a thousand reasons. For a million reasons. My heart is not in it. My thoughts are elsewhere. You remind me of him. You remind me of her. It's not you, it's me. Because you need help. Because thinking about it every waking minute isn't "recreational". Because we have things to do. You have things to do and one of them isn't this worthless crap. I remember what happened the last time, no. It's late. Because it's 3 a.m. Because you're high. Because you're drunk. Because you're fat enough already. Because you haven't ate since yesterday. I'm worried. Because you should take better care of yourself. I'm enjoying the silence. I don't feel like it. We'll just break each others heart. I insist. $%&@ you, that's why. The treaty web. I'm bored. I'm not that bored. I'd feel crappy about it. You'll feel crappy about it if you do. There's no power. I can't change the laws of Physics. There's no light. Because you'll be killed. The odds of survival are a million to one. The possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. The monster. It's retarded. You're retarded. Because I'm crazy. It's not good down there, trust me. I'm pregnant. I'm late. OWe're too early. We're too late. I need more time. I need more help. I need a break. Because you're allergic. Because I'm allergic. Because I don't want an incurable disease. It's old. It's new. You didn't buy that option. It doesn't come with that feature. You don't have that software. Because I don't want to go to jail. It's called 'jailbait' for a reason. I'm blind. I'm deaf. You're blind. You're deaf. I can't walk. You can't go there. I'm not going there. It's the wrong color. It's the wrong pattern. It's the wrong style. You're absolutely the right person for me at absolutely the wrong time. I have needs too. Patience is a virtue. I'm not putting up with her again. I'm not putting up with him again. It's Monday. It's Tuesday. It's Wednesday. It's Thursday. It's Friday. It's the weekend. Because it's too close to Christmas. Because I'm not staying home again another night. Because you deserve better.

...that should just about cover all the possible "why" questions. Please, continue.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1312179711' post='2768984']
Why did you guys steal Kait from Polar to become your Empress in a day instead of just promoting someone else from within the alliance, even if it would be just temporarily? Did your membership make any fuss about it?
[/quote]

Actually, Taut was supposed to wait until after the war was over. She was only in Polar for the war and always intended to return afterwards. For whatever reason, he decided not to wait and suddenly decided to step down. The entire issue seems to matter only to people outside of the alliance though.

[quote]Also do you think Hoo will ever pull his finger out and launch the Bear Cavalry? (well launch it in a way that goes beyond one person *cough* Hoo *cough* )[/quote]

Careful what you wish for, my friend. :wub:

Edited by Van Hoo III

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312294594' post='2770044']
If I might...

It's complicated. Traffic. It's for your own good. Because I said so. You can't afford it. Weather. It serves as a reminder. In-laws. It hurts. It's uncomfortable. I'm afraid. Because you already have one. Because you had one before and you broke it. I wasn't strong enough. It wouldn't have worked out anyway. For all the right reasons. For all the wrong reasons. You wouldn't understand. No means no. Go screw yourself, that's why. Do I need to draw you a picture. Because I love you. I don't like you. I hate you. Because I could care less. It's a God thing. God wills it. It wasn't meant to be. Fortuna did not favor us today. The fates conspire against it. You didn't ask politely. You didn't ask. For a dozen reasons. For a hundred reasons. For a thousand reasons. For a million reasons. My heart is not in it. My thoughts are elsewhere. You remind me of him. You remind me of her. It's not you, it's me. Because you need help. Because thinking about it every waking minute isn't "recreational". Because we have things to do. You have things to do and one of them isn't this worthless crap. I remember what happened the last time, no. It's late. Because it's 3 a.m. Because you're high. Because you're drunk. Because you're fat enough already. Because you haven't ate since yesterday. I'm worried. Because you should take better care of yourself. I'm enjoying the silence. I don't feel like it. We'll just break each others heart. I insist. $%&@ you, that's why. The treaty web. I'm bored. I'm not that bored. I'd feel crappy about it. You'll feel crappy about it if you do. There's no power. I can't change the laws of Physics. There's no light. Because you'll be killed. The odds of survival are a million to one. The possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. The monster. It's retarded. You're retarded. Because I'm crazy. It's not good down there, trust me. I'm pregnant. I'm late. OWe're too early. We're too late. I need more time. I need more help. I need a break. Because you're allergic. Because I'm allergic. Because I don't want an incurable disease. It's old. It's new. You didn't buy that option. It doesn't come with that feature. You don't have that software. Because I don't want to go to jail. It's called 'jailbait' for a reason. I'm blind. I'm deaf. You're blind. You're deaf. I can't walk. You can't go there. I'm not going there. It's the wrong color. It's the wrong pattern. It's the wrong style. You're absolutely the right person for me at absolutely the wrong time. I have needs too. Patience is a virtue. I'm not putting up with her again. I'm not putting up with him again. It's Monday. It's Tuesday. It's Wednesday. It's Thursday. It's Friday. It's the weekend. Because it's too close to Christmas. Because I'm not staying home again another night. Because you deserve better.

...that should just about cover all the possible "why" questions. Please, continue.
[/quote]

I believe you forgot:

Because its too big. Because its too small. Because your mother told you to. Because your mother told you not to. "What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way."

That's all I can think of.

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1312282210' post='2769969']
Why doesn't Adel post more? :mad:
[/quote]

:wub: you too aboooe.

I don't post more because large crowds scare me and this place gets way more traffic than I am used to. I prefer to stay home where its quiet and let other people do the talking. ^_^

Edit: You are always welcome to stop by and say "Hi" sometime if you miss me.

Edited by Adelheidi

[quote name='Adelheidi' timestamp='1312298283' post='2770074']
I believe you forgot:

Because its too big. Because its too small. Because your mother told you to. Because your mother told you not to. "What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way."

That's all I can think of.
[/quote]

Oddly, this movie always seems to be playing in some cinema here in New Jerusalem, the Haleenstar Republic's capital...
[i]
Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.[/i]

Heh.

Now my question...

Ragnarok currently has 118 members. Once upon a time, that number was around 600. While certainly competition for new members is more intense now than it was back then for a variety of reasons, are there plans for enhancing your recruiting efforts to increase your numbers and if so are there any of those plans you are willing to share?

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1312311117' post='2770218']
What's it like having Gen Lee back? Is it as amazing as I always thought it would be?
[/quote]

He has not joined Rok yet. I'm not sure if there's sarcasm in your tone, it's been a long day.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1312323996' post='2770398']
What differences are there when you were in Superfriends compared to your current existence in Mjolnir?
[/quote]

Much more relaxed, and closer membership bases. SF was very close upper gov, but not so much at the membership levels.

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1312326342' post='2770446']
What does Ragnarok see itself doing in 6 months and where would you like it to be?
[/quote]

I hate these questions. No one knows where they will be in 6 months, that's the beauty of the game. We don't know where we'll be in two weeks time. Hopefully though, in 6 months we'll have close to 1500 nukes and an ANS around 30k. Much higher WC levels.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1312294594' post='2770044']
If I might...

[/quote]
you missed "Because i can"

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1312330109' post='2770486']
What... is your name? [/quote]

Guzalot of Ragnarok

What... is your quest?[/quote]

To bring about the Gotterdammerung

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
[/quote]

African or European swallow?