Been awhile

John Kirkland

[quote name='John Kirkland' timestamp='1312153386' post='2768572']
So I've decided to drop by and give CN another go. Looks like I've missed alot. How's everybody been?
[/quote]
Citrus War era NPO government aka John Kirkland

Welcome back, thought I recognized the name from somewhere but wasn't sure until I googled it.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Well, for starters ODN is still around. GOONS, NoR, and VE are in their second incarnation. NPO and IRON are still big, as are Fark, MHA, Sparta, and TOP. People still don't like anything with the word "order" in the name, and Pacifica/Polar are beaten down annually. CN still isn't a good game, but they've added a few new toys to play with...sort of. Oh, and first strike nuking is standard now.

Anyone got anything else?

The world spent a long time learning stuff from NPO, and then put the knowledge to use. lots of folks bailed on NPO when the writing was semi clear on the wall, just the way it has always been. Many of the same, made gasping sounds while denouncing the hegemony that was due for a stomping. Lots of nukes were launched, everyone was pleased as punch and since then everyone has been miserable. the best part is they only have themselves to blame, and NPO is still where it wants to be. s!@#$%*ing at the rest.

Cheers.

edit: ooc: wow, just wow, nice filter.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

nice avatar

Stuff happened, people got big, people got small, Alliances came, Alliances disbanded, MOD's were unfair, MOD were justified,Haters hated, OWF was filled with complaining, OWF was filled with laughter, This game still is as boring as hell.

Did i miss anything?

Heya Kirkland.

Basically, a lot of stuff changed, mostly the people involved. I'd be shocked if you recognized much of anything, or anyone, since you retired.

Also, the NSO is presently the one Order that isn't almost universally hated. We're actually pretty damn awesome, it's got the closest feel to the NPO from back when you were playing.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1312301973' post='2770120']
Heya Kirkland.

Basically, a lot of stuff changed, mostly the people involved. I'd be shocked if you recognized much of anything, or anyone, since you retired.

Also, the NSO is presently the one Order that isn't almost universally hated. We're actually pretty damn awesome, it's got the closest feel to the NPO from back when you were playing.
[/quote]
Hated nothing!! Shut it!!! You are not even close to the level of evil emanating from Lady Pacifica's loins . When was the last time you served up baby flambe? All you guys got going for you is midichloriens and that as everyone agrees, is the worst thing to come out of Lucas Arts.

Heya Kirkland.

[/quote]

Well TIO isnt really universally hated.

GATOs still around and its been years since the NPO rolled them!

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1312307662' post='2770176']
Well TIO isnt really universally hated.

GATOs still around and its been years since the NPO rolled them!
[/quote]
And they have yet to stop sucking in that entire period of time.

Some things never change, I guess?

TOP is without a doubt the best alliance with Order in their name. Outside of NpO and their friends, probably the most liked too.

I suppose NSO is tolerable too, now that we're not baling your asses out every time you get into trouble

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1312261478' post='2769841']
I'm still here. Hey Kirkland!
[/quote]

Good to see you again dilber. Is most of the old gang still around or have they gone on to greener pastures?

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1312285424' post='2769984']
I remember you, you have been gone for a while.
[/quote]

Yea. I would have come back sooner but the whole 1 nation 1 IP thing kind of kept me out of the game until Gerald left.

Heya Kirkland.

[/quote]

Definitely a lot of new faces around here. And man does war look more complicated than it used to be. Never thought I'd be relearning stuff in this game but man I've got a lot to look at.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1312312899' post='2770240']
TOP is without a doubt the best alliance with Order in their name. Outside of NpO and their friends, probably the most liked too.

I suppose NSO is tolerable too, now that we're not baling your asses out every time you get into trouble
[/quote]
What about GOONS? D:

Heya, I remember your name, not sure if we ever formally met but I was around back in early 06. A lot has changed since you left and almost all of the oldtimers have moved on. There are still a few of us scattered throughout the cyberverse but not many sadly. Anyway, great to see an oldtimer back!! Have fun in your new life!