Jamahiriya Announcement - Fantasy Premier League

Greetings fellow nations.

As a member of the Jamahiriya alliance, it is with great pleasure that I invite you to join the first Jamahiriya sponsered Fantasy Premier League.

If you are a soccer/football fan we invite you to make a fantasy team and join in on the fun. For more information please [url="http://s1.zetaboards.com/Jamahiriya/forum/1691307/"]visit this link.[/url]

At the moment the prizes are:
Weekly Prize - 50 tech or $812,000
Grand Prize - 150 tech and $25,000,000

[b]UPDATE AUGUST 1st[/b] - the weekly prize has been increased to $3,000,000 thanks to a generous donation from Richard VII of South Sudan (Christian Coalition of Countries).

To post a message on our forum you will have to sign up however if you do not want to sign up then you can contact me directly in game*.

The only condition to joining and receiving the prizes is that you are a member of an alliance.

We hope you will join this league and hopefully it will be a big success.

Good luck to all who join. Feel free to spread the word :D.

*[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=461691"]Nation Link.[/url]

NOTE - if you are interested in joining mainly for the grand prize I would advise you to sign up before August 12th. The first matches are on August 13th and although you can join once the league has started you will NOT be able to claim earlier points. The early points you earn are vital. Although people who join late still have a chance in winning they do start off at a slight disadvantage. You still have an equal chance in winning weekly prizes though.

Edited by Sheikh Khan

[quote]An 812k prize? That's worth almost the same 50 tech to a seller. Why would you offer that?
[/quote]

The prize of 812k is at that because it is equal to 50 tech. I know 50 tech can be sold via tech trade for more than 812k but it is not our business what the nation does with there prize. 50 tech was just mainly to attract larger nations as they can get more benefit from tech than 812k whereas a small nation that may not sell tech can add 812k to there savings/infrastructure.

Obviously the target is going for the grand prize. You may note that on our forum nations are able to donate, if we can a lot of generous donations then the weekly prizes (along with the grand prize) will be bigger.

[quote]OOC: I believe this should be in an OOC forum.[/quote]

I was not sure where to post this but I assumed as it involves alliance business (thats open to interpretation) it would be better to put it here. My apologies if I have posted it in the wrong section and the admins can feel free to move this to where they think it should belong.

[quote]If you're too stingy with your cash to just give the small nations a full slot of 3m aid, don't hold a competition.[/quote]

Uncalled for.

[quote]Would participate if it wasn't hosted by Jamalamadindong.[/quote]

It is Jamahiriya, which basically is a Peoples Republic. There are plenty of Islamic states that go by this name as there official title.

If you do not want to join that is fine but this is just a friendly tournament there is nothing political about it.

The fantasy league is 36 weeks long, it is understandable that nations do not want to donate $3,000,000 every 7 days.

Plus the weekly prizes are only an extra because we have had (in my opinion) good donations. If we were to give $3,000,000 it would only be fair and logical to offer 150+ tech. It is not about aiding small nations but rewarding the winner a prize (which they have a choice in and is of equal amount).

I shall repeat again, if you do not want to join then don't. There is absolutely no trouble with this seeing as it is mainly me who will be sorting out aiding the prizes. The only real trouble is sorting your fantasy team out however football/soccer fans will enjoy that.

[quote name='ZeroRemorse' timestamp='1312415588' post='2771274']
I would join in but all my slots will be full for the next 6 months. :(
[/quote]

Someone sounds confident they will win weekly haha. We can hold prizes for you and then give them once you are able to receive them.

The Fantasy League is now open to all.

All you have to do is sign up on [url="http://fantasy.premierleague.com/"]the Barclay Fantasy League site[/url] and make your team. Once you have done that you can join our league.

The league code is - 556253-148130

I do hope you will join (unless of course you are one of the people who ridiculed this earlier).

Only a couple of days left until the first week begins.

The Fantasy League is now open to all.

All you have to do is sign up on [url="http://fantasy.premierleague.com/"]the Barclay Fantasy League site[/url] and make your team. Once you have done that you can join our league.

The league code is - 556253-148130

I do hope you will join (unless of course you are one of the people who ridiculed this earlier).

Only a couple of days left until the first week begins.

Note I am still working on a guide of players to watch, at the moment I have done a few teams and it just looks like all the star players however I will be making it clearer of real players to watch within the next couple of days.