Rebel - Dalmatia Cooperation

Lavo

To those in the know, it was no secret that the Rebel Air Force had been aging. From the lack of entry into the 5++ generation of military aircraft to the aging of the Viper fleet, it was clear that the RAF would not make it into the next decade in it's current state, as seen during the recent Korean war. While the Arrow and Pegasus fleets were still top of the line, indeed, the former had yet to meet any true rivals, this would not be enough to face what Adib al-Nahlawi saw to be the inevitable trend of aerospace design and manufacture; high speed and high maneuverability stealth fighters were just around the corner. Not just for a few, highly developed nations, but on a wider, global scale. While many private projects, and admittedly a few military-funded projects, had been going on for some time, this would not be enough to make aircraft designs out of thin air. As such, the air general saw it fit to accelerate the development of the new Rebel's fighter and bomber designs, with the blessings of the Prime Minister and President, alongside the Greater Nordic Empire, whom were close and old allies of the RA, dating back to the days of Drakoria.

[quote]From: Adib al-Nahlawi, head of RAF Research and Development
To: Whom it may concern
Subject: Joint Research Projects

Greetings, I am Adib al-Nahlawi, of the Rebel Air Force. I write to you with the intention of fostering cooperation between our two great nations, in the realm of aerospace engineering and design. As you are likely well aware, the next generation of aircraft will soon be upon us, and if we do not act quickly we shall be left in the dust, whether it be from our allies or foes. To be specific, I offer to jointly develop and research a sixth generation stealth fighter, and a sixth generation strategic bomber. I eagerly await your response.

Signed,
[i]A. al-Nahlawi[/i][/quote]

The Lu-65 and Lu-67 represented the best of the Empire's Airforce, and possibly the best in the world in regards to fifth generation technology. However, the fleet had reached it's pinnacle and most of leadership of the Airforce knew this. In addition, Emperor Visari wasn't happy at the lack of progress made by Imperial Designers, and it was heavily rumored that dozens of scientist who lacked initiative were sentenced to hard labor in desolate parts of the Empire. In order to put an end to this technological "dark age", Emperor Visari ordered the creation of the Imperial Department of Military Research, which would be responsible for researching and development of new weapons and technologies. To run this new corporation, Visari appointed Imperial Moff and leading Technocrat in the Empire Moff Rebus. He would be given unlimited funds to research and produce new technological wonders for the nation.

Upon being appointed to Chairman of the Imperial Department of Military Research, Moff Rebus responded to Adib al-Nahlawi.

[quote]From: Moff Rebus
To: Adib al-Nahlawi

Friends,

I have read your letter, and I agree with your concerns. Both of our nations are being left in the dust in regards to the aeronautical race. Therefore, we accept your offer to jointly develop the next generation in aerospace design. I will send the necessary people to get project up and running on our end.

Signed,
Moff Rebus[/quote]

As expected, the Dalmatians' reply was swift and to the point, something that pleased Adib. He also gave a quick, but sizable, shot in the arm to RAAI, Rafael, and the other Rebel parties involved.

[quote]From: Adib al-Nahlawi, head of RAF Research and Development
To: Moff Rebus
Subject: RE: Joint Research Projects

Excellent. After some financial and political encouragement, the projects are beginning to pick up speed on our end. I propose that we organize a planning and design meet between all involved parties of this project. It would be my pleasure to host this meeting if desired, nor would I mind traveling to the Empire if that is preferable.

Signed,
[i]A. al-Nahlawi[/i][/quote]

[quote]Response to Adib al-Nahlawi

If necessary, we can meet at the Stahl Aero Development center to discuss specifications and projections for the new fighter aircraft, or we can meet at your facilities. It makes no difference to me and my staff. If you'd like to travel to the Empire, travel accommodations have already been prepared.[/quote]