Upcoming Tournament Reset

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1314145844' post='2787272']
Well the next round will be 90 days instead of 60. I'm also working on [b]something for alliances[/b]. I'll reveal more as I get closer to completing the changes.
[/quote]

Time for some wild speculation while we wait...

I'm thinking some way of nominating an owner of your alliance so that you can prevent people ghosting your AA, or boot people from your AA etc.

That, and exploding sheep... I know admin is going to give us exploding sheep... I can feel it.

Edited by Jack Shepard

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1314145844' post='2787272']
Well the next round will be 90 days instead of 60. I'm also working on [u]something for alliances[/u]. I'll reveal more as I get closer to completing the changes.
[/quote]

I hope you're thinking what I (and a lot of other people) have been thinking :rolleyes:

Guess we have to wait and see though.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1314156212' post='2787446']
Time for some wild speculation while we wait...

I'm thinking some way of nominating an owner of your alliance so that you can prevent people ghosting your AA, or boot people from your AA etc.
[/quote]

I hope not, because ghosting is part of the political fun. Then we'd actually going to have to make an application to ghost alliances :(

[/quote]
Without fully incorporating alliance politics into the game I see no way to make that work. It would also force all alliances to become democratic in their election of who is the in game alliance mod. How else would Admin know who the mod for an alliance is...

That, and exploding sheep... I know admin is going to give us exploding sheep... I can feel it.
[/quote]

Jihadist quadrupeds. Love it. You have to disguise yourself as a Sherpa and sneak the C4 laden lambs across the vast mountain ranges between each nation.

[/quote]

Seriously though, suicide bombers (or sheep as the case may be) would be sweet. Like a spy run, but it takes out some infra, citizens, maybe an improvement. Sweet.

I hope it's a sheep.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1314157969' post='2787473']
I hope you're thinking what I (and a lot of other people) have been thinking :rolleyes:

Guess we have to wait and see though.
[/quote]

I know what you're thinking :ph34r:

I'm thinking and hoping it too :D

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1314370826' post='2788749']
Wait, what are we thinking?
[/quote]
Come on. You know. What we are ALL thinking.

edit- I knew about this in January.

Edited by masterbake

They really should take out the MP wonder. It makes it to easy to get nukes. I always get nukes and i never purchase a MP in TE. Without it makes it a more a challege to get in 5% range. So i suggest taking out MP this round to see how it is?

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1314505265' post='2789741']
If you take out the MP, the nuclear range should be increased to 10% minimally.

I'd prefer lowering the Declaring ratio from 50 - 200% to 75% -150%. People updeclaring half the size of the nation is just plain stupid.
[/quote]

or down-declaring on nations half their size <_<

Just sayin: I'm glad all this is taking some time to get done. That means it's going to have a whole bunch of way cool nifty neato new stuff for us to spy, steal, destroy and nuke. What's not to like? As far as I'm concerned, Admin can take another week or however long needed to get everything he wants done, if that's what it takes to get TE up to everyone's satisfaction. Admin is he from whom all casualties ultimately flow. Thank you for everything. Do what you want babes, it's all beeyootifull. I'm enjoying the break anyways :)

[size="1"]p.s.godzillaplsthanks[/size]

Edited by Clash

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1314551657' post='2790015']
Just sayin: I'm glad all this is taking some time to get done. [b]That means it's going to have a whole bunch of way cool nifty neato new stuff for us to spy, steal, destroy and nuke.[/b] What's not to like? As far as I'm concerned, Admin can take another week or however long needed to get everything he wants done, [b]if that's what it takes to get TE up to everyone's satisfaction.[/b] Admin is he from whom all casualties ultimately flow. Thank you for everything. Do what you want babes, it's all beeyootifull. I'm enjoying the break anyways :)
[/quote]
I love it when people set their expectations up for failure.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1314567162' post='2790156']
I love it when people set their expectations up for failure.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. :ehm:
I am also enjoying the nice break, It'll give me time to relax and prepare for next round. So approximately when do you think the site will be back?

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1314505265' post='2789741']
I'd prefer lowering the Declaring ratio from 50 - 200% to 75% -150%. People updeclaring half the size of the nation is just plain stupid.
[/quote]

Near the end of the game, very few nations are in range of the top nation. I think like a 5k NS nation updeclaring on a 10k NS nation is practically slot filling, but sometimes there's only like 40 nations in range of a 30k NS nation (who have no willingness to fight back so it's not really undefeatable odds). But the 200% ratio should be maintained for special situations.

Downdeclaring on nations half the size is much worse. I can't see a good reason to do that, other than just making big nations able to fight back against smaller ones or something. Nobody ever really checks for downdeclares, the worse you could do is whine about it.

Yep. I had trade issues in the beginning of last round, and before I could really do anything I was triple-teamed by three people 200% my strength. i'm not usually one to complain about that sort of thing, but I literally couldn't do anything the entire last round.