Investigation of the USI

Captain Enema

"The recent claims put forth by the USI into their role in the dastardly animal experimentation projects held by MogCorp pushes Legion to call for the discussion of an International investigation into these claims.

Fact, in a public statement the USI claims to have provided MogCorp with the Penguins used in MogCorps animal experimentation.

Legion believes that if these claims are true international sanctions and fines should be placed upon the USI in order to fund an International Project to undo the damage done to the Penguin population of the afflicted polar areas.

Your thoughts?"

-Denard of Legion

"The United States owns Antarctic territory in which few penguins were given. Later we believe Mogtopia got their hands on a chain of islands that held many penguins? Or services weren't needed after that and our penguin population was not decreased on a noticeable scale. I would like to know why Legion has an interest in how the United States manages it's wildlife?"

[b]Susan O'Neil[/b]
Chief Diplomat of The United States of The Islands

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]Private[/b]

[quote][i]The USI have bravely attempted to further meaningful diplomatic discourse by challenging the current status quo regarding the conflict in question. What do you do in response to this query?

You accuse the USI of taking part in some hitherto unfounded animal experimentation program in concert with the Mogtopians. The only fact of the matter is that the USI supplied a regulated number of these charming animals for unknown purposes to the Mogtopians. Nowhere in their statement did they imply any such experimentation.

My thoughts? Perhaps you are not the charming and earnest man I met at my pre-coronation ceremony. Perhaps it was folly to associate myself with you.[/i][/quote]
[b]-Rhianne[/b]

"They've freely admitted to supplying MogCorp with animals used in animal experimentation. Perhaps you'd just like me to ignore this? They need to be held accountable for their role in this travesty. Legion requests an international tribunal to be put together to determine the extent of the USI's responsibility for what amounts to torturing of a protected species.

Princess, shame on you for being so selective in your attention. Ignoring one grievous act to fight against another wins you no real points. Legion is as profoundly disturbed by this attack on MogCorp as well, but we are just as equally disturbed by these reports of Animal Experimentation by MogCorp. The USI willingly and freely sold them animals to be tortured, they should be held accountable to repair the damage, the amount to be determined by an International Tribunal."

-Denard

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1311829068' post='2765949']
"They've freely admitted to supplying MogCorp with animals used in animal experimentation. Perhaps you'd just like me to ignore this? They need to be held accountable for their role in this travesty. Legion requests an international tribunal to be put together to determine the extent of the USI's responsibility for what amounts to torturing of a protected species.

Princess, shame on you for being so selective in your attention. Ignoring one grievous act to fight against another wins you no real points. Legion is as profoundly disturbed by this attack on MogCorp as well, but we are just as equally disturbed by these reports of Animal Experimentation by MogCorp. The USI willingly and freely sold them animals to be tortured, they should be held accountable to repair the damage, the amount to be determined by an International Tribunal."

-Denard
[/quote]

"The United States let a few of these beautiful creatures go to Mogtopia. We were told they would be treated well and taken care of correctly. To this day I am not aware of any evil experiments that went on behind closed doors. If such things happened then we are gravely sorry however penguins are found abundantly in the territory this nation protects. They are not endangered in our territory.

I do not want to come off as rude to you and your nation however I must ask why you are calling for countries around the world to spend millions of dollars to come together and hold a formal international tribunal because the United States granted Mogtopia a few penguins? I must ask, with so many nations with starving people and tyrants as rulers, why do you focus on the United States who has done nothing wrong? I only hope we can get past this, but if this is in response to the questions President O'Reilly asked I have to admit I am curious myself why you might trying to be covering something up?

The United States tries to stay neutral in most conflicts around the world that don't concern Europe or the British Isles but we must implore in this situation because Mogtopia was friendly to us and several other European nations. Surely the great reasonable nation of Legion can understand why we are merely curious in to what is going on around the world? We only hope prosperity, justice, freedom, liberty, and most importantly peace can be spread to everyone - one nation at a time."

[b]Susan O'Neil[/b]

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1311830253' post='2765975']
"Greenland should stop pulling the train for whatever little ankle biter begs them to do so.

Toodles back at you sweetie, be seeing you in Hudson bay one of these days."
[/quote]

"The United States will end our replies to your.. diplomatic thread since it seems Legion is not taking what has been said seriously. We thank you for giving everyone a chance to talk."
[b]
Susan O'Neil[/b]

"We urge Legion not to make such a baseless accusation on the same level the Kingdom of Cochin had made against the Empire of Pravus Ingruo regarding MediaCorp. Such baseless accusations need not be leveled against another sovereign nation, and in this situation, doing this is akin to blaming the messenger for delivering the information that the accuser did not like.

If anything, the United States of the Island only "provided Mogtopia with a regulated amount of penguins", with no knowledge of what would happen to them.

Next time, we urge any nation/entity making unwarranted accusations, not limited to Legion, to support them with hard, irrefutable fact, lest one look foolish."

- Salvador Nava, Director of Foreign Affairs

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1311830578' post='2765983']
"We urge Legion not to make such a baseless accusation on the same level the Kingdom of Cochin had made against the Empire of Pravus Ingruo regarding MediaCorp. Such baseless accusations need not be leveled against another sovereign nation, and in this situation, doing this is akin to blaming the messenger for delivering the information that the accuser did not like.

If anything, the United States of the Island only "provided Mogtopia with a regulated amount of penguins", with no knowledge of what would happen to them.

Next time, we urge any nation/entity making unwarranted accusations, not limited to Legion, to support them with hard, irrefutable fact, lest one look foolish."

- Salvador Nava, Director of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]

"I don't think the facts get any harder when the USI is admitting to selling a protected species to a private entity. We are asking for an international tribunal to be convened to decided the amount of the fiscal responsibility owed by the USI in this matter. It could well be they owe none, such is a decision of a tribunal.

AS for Pravo and Cochin, whatever international drama those two collectives of circus clowns have going on between them I can't be bothered with giving a damn."

In the interest of covering all bases, surely Legion would support international sanctions and fines against Artemis for funding MoG[Corp]'s experiments on penguins?

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1310361185' post='2754236']
[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1310360481' post='2754235']
MoG[Corp] would like to inquire about donating to our "send penguins to the moon" fund.
[/quote]

Here's $10,000,000,000.
[/quote]

"There are better issues for the world's nations to concern themselves about than a few penguins. If the loss of penguins are so near and dear to Legion's heart then the Republic of Texas proposes an international penguin mating fund where nations of the world can donate money, men and material in order to successfully breed the penguin population back to pre-donation status."

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1311861197' post='2766141']
In the interest of covering all bases, surely Legion would support international sanctions and fines against Artemis for funding MoG[Corp]'s experiments on penguins?
[/quote]

Money was not actually sent, it was a gesture of humour. We have never actually supported the crimes perpetrated by the MoG[Corp] regime.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1311880239' post='2766319']
"There are better issues for the world's nations to concern themselves about than a few penguins. If the loss of penguins are so near and dear to Legion's heart then the Republic of Texas proposes an international penguin mating fund where nations of the world can donate money, men and material in order to successfully breed the penguin population back to pre-donation status."
[/quote]

"The Republic of Noveria supports Texas in such proposition. The Penguin Mating Fundraising Foundation (PMFF) is in the process of establishment, where it will raise funds and resources for the purpose of expanding the penguin population."

"We propose that the President of the USI be made to hold the Penguin's little wee wees whilst mating to make sure the penguins are guided to proper destination."

OOC: :lol1: Entire thread is hilarious. Thanks dudes... some of you guys are awesome and play along well.