The End of an Era

Raken

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it is sad to know that 1 of the rational leader leave the game. I will miss you Roq, especially in Fark forum. :(

Good luck with everything you do out there, roq.

This is a terribly sad event. I didn't have much contact with Roq beyond his one or two queries asking if I can temp trade someone in Umbrella, but it is beyond clear to me that he was an excellent leader and an example to everyone who knew him. I don't need to read this thread and the outpouring of respect for Roq within it to know this because Umbrella's members have always taken great pride in him as their leader in the conversations I have had with some of them. No words can assuage Umbrella of the pain of its loss, but I feel compelled to wish the new administration the best of luck and that I know that Johnny Apocalypse and Raken will be more than able to rise to the occasion and do Roq's legacy proud.

Roquentin was the finest alliance leader I have ever met in my years playing CN. He was patient, diligent, and loyal perhaps to even a fault.

I didn't know him as well as some Umbrellailures but I can confidently say that he was a friend to us all. I am honored to have served under him my past year in Umbrella.

For his own sake, it is great that he is leaving. We didn't deserve his hard work and effort and now that he no longer has to spend half his day caring for us, his life will surely be better off. All he wanted was 100% slot efficiency and in his honor we will attain it.

You will be missed God King.

This really, really sucks. Roq was a great leader and a great guy as well. One of the friendlier I found on URC, always willing to sit down for a good chat or talk about the world of CN. He was such a constant figurehead at the helm of Umbrella that until now I didn't even realize he was democratically elected over and over again. Truly a sad day for CN as one of the great leaders of this generation passes.

Best of luck to Umbrella's new gov, hope you have all the success your predecessor had.

Congratulations to the new gov, and good luck!

And farewell to Roq, you were one of the most inspirational leaders of all time. You will never be forgotten in the great books of CN history.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311739062' post='2764743']
This really, really sucks. Roq was a great leader and a great guy as well. One of the friendlier I found on URC, always willing to sit down for a good chat or talk about the world of CN. He was such a constant figurehead at the helm of Umbrella that until now I didn't even realize he was democratically elected over and over again. Truly a sad day for CN as one of the great leaders of this generation passes.

Best of luck to Umbrella's new gov, hope you have all the success your predecessor had.
[/quote]

It's been a running joke that we should just toss away the trappings of democracy if we were going to elect the same dude over and over, lol.

My thoughts are in the OP, Roq will be truly missed.

Roq was indeed a pleasure to work with and talk to. He led (or helped lead) Umbrella steadily, respectfully. He reminded me of Grämlins of old. As evidenced by this thread, he will sorely be missed.

I wish Umbrella and Umbrellailures (:P) the best of luck for the future.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

After years of working with Roq it came as a shock when he decided to leave our Planet, but I understand his reasons and sincerely hope all goes well for him. You'll be sorely missed my friend.

While this is a sad day for Umbrella, it is one you'll no doubt overcome and grow even stronger from. I wish the new leadership nothing but the best of luck. I'm sure you'll make Roq proud.

[quote name='Raken' timestamp='1311737705' post='2764719']
He was surely known by Pacifica.
[/quote]
Yes we do. The world is worse off with out him too. When a skilled leader leaves the world it is felt by everyone. I wish Roq the best of luck in his future. Umbrella I hope this new Govt Leadership serves you as well as Roq did.