Name Change

Achilleus

I was wondering if it would be possible to change my nation's name from "Mycenae" to "United States"? The nation name has finally opened up, but I do not want to delete my nation and start over with another one, so perhaps my current nation's name could be changed. I'm sure there must be something that an administrator can do to alter national specifics. Could I please be allowed the change?

Well, if it is possible from a technical perspective, I see no reason not to allow it to be changed. I'm sure my nation can be accessed and edited by moderators/administrators, so I don't think a name change would prove a great difficulty. If there is some rule, perhaps I could be the one and only exception to it . . . please?

[quote name='Achilleus' timestamp='1311817543' post='2765769']
Well, if it is possible from a technical perspective, I see no reason not to allow it to be changed. I'm sure my nation can be accessed and edited by moderators/administrators, so I don't think a name change would prove a great difficulty. If there is some rule, perhaps I could be the one and only exception to it . . . please?
[/quote]
It would be physically possible by editing the DB values, but as a matter of policy admin does not allow this. I've never seen an exception made, so don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1311832676' post='2766000']
It would screw up the name everywhere (recent aid, trades, sanctions etc) as it is stored separately.[/quote]

I could just cancel all my trades. Besides, nobody really cares about or looks at those things, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...