A Public Notice from your Beloved GOONS

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311696224' post='2764210']
So it's not a declaration of war, yet you are considering yourselves at war with them? So then this was all a preemptive strike on the war mongering, tech stealing Axes of Evil I can only presume. Well then may you reign down fire upon the ever threatening Evil powers at be. No wait that's not right. Scratch that.
This is clearly a tech raid, so at least be man enough to admit that or logical enough to not even bring this spectacle to our attention in the first place.
[/quote]

Did you even read what you were replying to? :facepalm:

No, it's not a declaration of war, as those are generally issued when conflict begins (which would be around July 9th). My intent here was simply to inform the community how the AA conducts tech-deals and to request that no further transactions be done with them.

Now tech-raids are done for the explicit purpose of acquiring tech and land. This war began for the explicit purpose of retaliating against an AA after an ally of ours requested it. There's a distinction there.

Ultimately there are easier ways to admit you don't know what's going on - like coming right out and saying it. Making inaccurate assumptions and accusations doesn't cut it.

*edited for clarity

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1311650934' post='2763827']
All I'm saying is that our standard banner is much better:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EexI9.png[/IMG]
:((
[/quote]

Mine went better with the message.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1311661340' post='2763974']
You know what they should do?

Shark week.
[/quote]

Oh we'd love to, believe me.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1311681871' post='2764066']
Uh huh... If we feel the desire to do a tech deal with them (one who isn't at war), will that be considered an act of war on the GOONS?

Out of curiosity.
[/quote]

We consider the entirety of the AA to be enemies of GOONS, so yes.

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1311686175' post='2764108']
Since you brought this to the OWF... I'll seek clarity:

1. Did you attempt to work this out with Axes of Evil or did you just attack them?

2. I see no record of an AoE attack on a Triton nation in the war screens - when did this occur and who was the 'victim' ?
[/quote]

1. There was nothing to be worked out from GOONS's end.

2. The war was conducted the first week of July.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311688281' post='2764126']
<Schittpost>
[/quote]

GOONS insists you go away.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1311719792' post='2764441']
so this whole marking them as "enemies of GOONs" thing... does this mean you'll still be trying to ZI them in 7 months or is just a descriptive rather than an EoG marker?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that has already been addressed. The Axes of Evil have to make right by Triton and Umbrella before they're removed from the EoG list. That is my understanding of the situation, anyway.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311696224' post='2764210']
So it's not a declaration of war, yet you are considering yourselves at war with them? So then this was all a preemptive strike on the war mongering, tech stealing Axes of Evil I can only presume. Well then may you reign down fire upon the ever threatening Evil powers at be. No wait that's not right. Scratch that.
This is clearly a tech raid, so at least be man enough to admit that or logical enough to not even bring this spectacle to our attention in the first place.

Oh and obligatory Methrage [img]http://cn-tio.com/public/style_emoticons/default/emo-psyduck.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I don't think we recognize them as an alliance per se, so...it's not war. And, it's not a tech raid either, since we were asked to encourage them not to screw with our allies. We're letting other people know sending them money as we do that voodoo that we do is a bad idea because a) they have a history of not coming through on tech deals and b) we're fighting them, you dunce.

Overall I would hazard to say if you never posted in another GOONS thread no one would be terribly upset.

Good day, sir.

:((

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1311779848' post='2765263']
Best. Idea. EVAR!
[/quote]

That is why you keep me around, my dear Farrin.