Vaule Private Media Licenses

[b][u]Vaule Private Media licenses now available![/b][/u]

For the first time in decades, the Vaulian media landscape will be opened up to allow the creation of privately owned media. The government today approved a massive overhaul of the Media Licensing Act (1961) which will see the creation of several media licenses which may be held by non-government individuals or groups. These licenses would grant holders the ability to legally create and broadcast their own privately owned television and radio networks, as well as to create and distribute their own newspapers.

Under the new law, licenses may be held by private citizens, groups or corporations both local and foreign. The government was quick to stress that all license holders are required to comply with Vaulian laws and regulations regarding their media entities.

The Vaulian government is openly encouraging interested parties, regardless of their home nation, to bid on the available licenses.

---
[quote] [b][u]Available Licenses [/b][/u]

[u]Television & Radio[/u]

5 Television Licenses (B$80,000 each)
5 Radio Licenses (B$26,000 each)

[u]Newspaper[/u]

4 Licenses (B$9,000 each)
[/quote]

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation would like to purchase a tv and radio license for a mix of world news and entertainment.

Hellenic Publishing would like to purchase a newspaper license for an internationally oriented newspaper maintaining focus on national matters of Vaule.

[b][u]Official Announcement[/b][/u]

Due to significant demand, the government of the Serene Republic of Vaule has elected to expand the number of licenses available as follows:

[quote]
[u][b]Available Licenses [/b][/u]

[b]Television & Radio[/b]

6 Television Licenses (B$80,000 each)
6 Radio Licenses (B$26,000 each)

[b]Newspaper[/b]

6 Licenses (B$9,000 each)
[/quote]

After careful review, the Media Department of the Ministry of Information has decided to award the private media licenses as follows:

[b]Television:[/b]
1. Artemis
2. [s]MoG[Corp][/s]Lumière Broadcasting Commission
3. Central Chinese Media Holdings
4. Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation
5. *Private Domestic Corporation*
6. Monaco Daily

[b]Radio:[/b]
1. Artemis
2. [s]MoG[Corp][/s]Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation
4. Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation
5. Noverian Media Corporation
6. *Open for Bids*

[b]Newspaper:[/b]
1. Artemis
2. [s]MoG[Corp][/s]
4. Hellenic Publishing
5. The Manila Times
6. Monaco Daily

Once each license awardee signs an agreement to ensure that their content obeys all laws of the Serene Republic and pays the required sum, the licenses will be handed over.
[b]==End of Official Announcement==[/b]

A 30 page booklet is sent to each awardee outlining the important media laws. The booklet explains limitations on 'outrageous and offensive content', situations under which the freedom to broadcast could be infringed upon and the illegality of criticizing the Imperator of the Serene Republic and the Imperial Family. Along with the book, the agreement to be signed would also be sent to license awardees.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation requests radio frequency 103.9

Initial programming will consist of audio archives of PBC 103.9 content, with new material pending.

Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation proposed starting lineup consists of Aleut Reggae, [i]Bunker5 comedy hour[/i], Caribbean light jazz, [i]Cooking with Generalissimo[/i], [i]Good Morning Procinctia[/i], [i]Generalissimo’ Book Club[/i], [i]Morning Talk[/i], best of Frank Klepacki, [i]PBC News[/i], [i]Procinctia Public Access[/i], [i]the Saint Paul City Wasteland Guide[/i], and [i]Rayne Ryanor Slavorussian Agent: The Pretoria Ultimatum[/i] - with any adjustments or clarifications available at request of Vaule’s government.

Edited by Generalissimo

The Lumière Broadcasting Commission would like to be licensed for both Radio and Television broadcasting within the Serene Republic. It is our desire to provide high quality, independent world and local news to the citizens of your nation. Having already examined all broadcasting laws and requirements we are prepared to sign a licensing agreement and pay the associated fees.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1311486069' post='2762583']Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation requests radio frequency 103.9

Initial programming will consist of audio archives of PBC 103.9 content, with new material pending.

Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation proposed starting lineup consists of Aleut Reggae, [i]Bunker5 comedy hour[/i], Caribbean light jazz, [i]Cooking with Generalissimo[/i], [i]Good Morning Procinctia[/i], [i]Generalissimo’ Book Club[/i], [i]Morning Talk[/i], best of Frank Klepacki, [i]PBC News[/i], [i]Procinctia Public Access[/i], [i]the Saint Paul City Wasteland Guide[/i], and [i]Rayne Ryanor Slavorussian Agent: The Pretoria Ultimatum[/i] - with any adjustments or clarifications available at request of Vaule’s government.[/quote]

[b]Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation 103.9 Programming Samples[/b]
Cooking with Generalissimo[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1233255488' post='1227944']Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation transmission, frequency 103.9

"Today on cooking with Generalissimo we will turn a seagull, a can of black beans, and a package ramen flavoring into a full and satisfying meal.
Today I was able to bring down a seagull with an assault riffle, and found the rest of our ingredients wandering the ruins of the Saint Paul City wasteland.
Roast the seagull over an open fire of a burning Highbuzz novelty effigy until well done.
Cook the can of black beans, ramen flavoring, and a teaspoon of decontamination solution into a pot and cook for 20 minutes over a radio generator.
Put the cooked seagull into the pot and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes and enjoy.
Mmmmm tasty."[/quote]Saint Paul City Wasteland Guide[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1233953685' post='1250061']Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation transmission, frequency 103.9

“This is Generalissimo reporting live from the rubble of the Procinctia National Bank with today’s episode Generalissimo’s Saint Paul City Wasteland Guide and I’m trying to cross the street to what’s left of Saint Paul Stadium. If only it were that easy, between my destination and me are two Republic of War automated gun turrets.
These weapons have auto-tracking, infrared, night vision, zooming, sophisticated pattern recognition, and a 5.5mm machine-gun with an ungodly rate of fire. Very similar to the defenses at the Slavorussian Imperial Palace Ball, with one noticeable difference, the RoW variant is equipped with heaver armour and enough ammunition to sustain a two hour firefight.
An effective strategy for combating these requires four men; two to provide suppressing fire, and two to destroy them with explosives. I would probably die trying to fight them myself, so I’m going to out run them. Simple really, with a few flashbangs, a bit a electronic jamming, and a couple smoke grenades I’ll run between the narrowest length between cover before they can properly track me.
Count of 3, 1, 2, 3.” [[b]Boom[/b]][[i]Flash[/i]][[i]Hiss[/i]][[b]RATATATATATAT[/b]][*Static*][/quote]

[b]Procinctia Broadcasting Corporation 103.9 Music Samples[/b]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerUUphrEu0&feature=related"]Caribbean light Jazz[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQVvfFTcEk&feature=fvst"]best of Frank Klepacki[/url]

Edited by Generalissimo

Officials of the Noverian Media Corporation, although disappointed that they didnt get newspapers, nevertheless reviewed the thirty-page booklet and the agreement, and signed them.

With that, Noveria would receive a new media [s]propaganda[/s] outlet, to expand the number of their viewers - both domestic and foreign - and to disseminate information [s]propaganda[/s].

Edited by JEDCJT

As soon as the license fees and the signed agreements were returned, the government sent each individual license by courier to the respective awardees. Each awardee was informed that they could begin broadcasting or distributing as soon as they received the official copy of their media license.

[quote][b]RADIO NOVCORP, broadcast from the Serene Republic of Vaule:[/b]

"Ladies and gentlemen, let us reflect on the events that has transpired on the world stage as of recently. When we do that, we note that the world has become not better nor peaceful, but more worse and chaotic.

Firstly, the United Federation of the East and the Athenian Federation had apparently decided to become the international police, and their first victim was Mogatopia simply because it was led by a corporation, MoG[Corp] that allegedly practiced human slavery. If nations like them would intervene into other nations' internal affairs on such a flimsy excuse and completely disregard their sovereignty simply because they don't like it, then how would the world be safe and peaceful again? How could we live alongside such nations? How do we know if they're not committing what their victims had allegely committed?

And that's not mentioning the fact Athens attacked Germany, further spreading the instability that had wreaked central Europe in additional to the instability that it had wreaked in northern Africa. And the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia launched an entirely unprovoked invasion of neighboring Bohemia, their own child. Yet the majority of the world continues to stand by the watch. Is it because they are too scared, too intimidated to act because they would be smashed in turn? And this does not mention the fact the Cajun Federation had aggressively conquered Cuba from the Holy American Empire, and even one time signified its willingness to disregard the sovereignty of another nations. And that does not mention the fact that the Kingdom of Cochin brashly accused the Empire of Pravus Ingruo of trampling over the freedoms of its people simply because it had a media conglomerate (MediaCorp), and the Legion did the same to the United States of the Island over unwarranted claims of providing penguins to Mogatopia for alleged purposes of animal exploitation.

If we can learn something from all these, it is that diplomacy in the world community of nations have failed. If nations can casually and recklessly fling accusations at others, and launch wars of aggressions against other nations without as much a valid casus bellus, and disregard the concept of sovereignty because their views hold sway over others, then we live in a world that can only be described as being on the slippery slope toward the abyss of destruction.

We shall pray for the world and its community of nations, that the peace and stability of the world shall be restored once again, and where nations shall live peacefully among others and show the level of maturity and respect that had been so sorely lacking in recent times.

This is Radio NovCorp signing off. Good night ladies and gentlemen."[/quote]

OOC: Just testing out mah new radio :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT