CyberNations Global Bank

Chrysippus

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311309302' post='2761020']
Are you just someplace alliances can outsource tech deal management or do you do more than that? Am I misinterpreting this?
[/quote]

Alliances can do that, and we do hope to have that happen among smaller alliances that may need financial assistance to start up.

However, it is also a place for non-affiliated nations to become involved in tech deals and to back their tech deals instead of having deals fall through. In addition, alliances/nations can sign up for nation development programs, to be put into trade circles or to receive aid packages.

In terms of the future, I plan to see nations turning to the bank regardless of alliance affiliation once we have built a large base of nations, because of a reputation of organization, on-time delivery and our auditing system, which allows us to rank nations and alliances and give you a sense of security when you do a deal.

I sense that our largest area of business will be among small alliances and non-affiliated nations, I do not foresee a large market among mid-sized and large alliances, though once we get our base developed and refined that may come in the future.

Its been tried and failed, the moment you open a trade with a nation at war you are gong to have a LOT of explaining to do to get off the target list of the alliance they are at war with. And if you handle it badly you could end up on a ZI/PZI/EZI list.

So if I sent you guys money or tech for this, I could take the money out if I'm at war, which is when I would need it? Or withdraw tech after I produce a lot to send out for this, which would be when I'm trying to build my tech up later?

Edited by Methrage

[quote]3.1) The CyberNations Global Bank turns a blind-eye towards team color, alliance affiliation and [b]ZI status[/b].[/quote]

Lending money to someone sentenced to ZI doesn't sound like a good idea. Aside from being warred on for aiding them, you'd be lending money to someone who'd possibly delete.

On the other hand, when I go rogue, I would like to pay a 'uranium lease' of 3M every 10 days to someone who'd turn a blind eye to ZI status and I hope your bank can provide that.

And it doesn't look like you have a director for security... which you'd probably need, since someone will want to rob those banks.

Also, since you're focusing on small alliances, might want to drop an advertising post on CN Think Tank, which is a meeting point for many micros:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/

[quote]Or withdraw tech after I produce a lot to send out for this, which would be when I'm trying to build my tech up later? [/quote]

What, like selling tech to their big nations on their AA, then buying tech from their small nations later? I think that's how people have been doing it ;) It also makes financial sense to just give 1000 tech to them, then having one of their big guys dump 60M on a small guy, who'll send you back the tech later.

From the title I thought this was going to be some nobody trying an aid scheme by accumulating cash, but this actually looks like a worthy endeavor. Don't know if it'll work out, but good luck to you.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1311320387' post='2761180']
What, like selling tech to their big nations on their AA, then buying tech from their small nations later? I think that's how people have been doing it ;) It also makes financial sense to just give 1000 tech to them, then having one of their big guys dump 60M on a small guy, who'll send you back the tech later.
[/quote]
I meant just pumping tech out, just increasing the amount stored in my bank account, then later I can get all that tech back which I spend only small amount of money to create, but still end up with the tech in the end even if I send it out to whoever is looking to receive tech now. If they work like a bank as they say, then they would take care of the buying/selling necessary to allow those who want to withdraw funds to do so.

Also the war thing, people do it all the time and other than GOONS nobody really makes a fuss over it. Alliances don't suspend tech deals when they go to war, there is no rule that micro alliances suddenly get locked out of doing business with anybody when they're at war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1311324106' post='2761195']
Alliances don't suspend tech deals when they go to war, there is no rule that micro alliances suddenly get locked out of doing business with anybody when they're at war.
[/quote]
Err...yes they do. At least every alliance I've been in. If I had any partners outside of my alliance at the time they were understanding and I picked up right where we left off right after both our alliances were out of the war.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1311325386' post='2761200']
Err...yes they do. At least every alliance I've been in. If I had any partners outside of my alliance at the time they were understanding and I picked up right where we left off right after both our alliances were out of the war.
[/quote]
Its usually decided by the individual if they want to put it off or go through with it. In any major war both sides have a lot of tech deals go through with non combatants without either side making a fuss over it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1311327580' post='2761205']
Its usually decided by the individual if they want to put it off or go through with it. In any major war both sides have a lot of tech deals go through with non combatants without either side making a fuss over it.
[/quote]
iirc, its typically more acceptable to finish off old deals, and then not start new ones til after.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1311325386' post='2761200']
[/quote]
CoJ was held at war an additional month until we agreed to apology terminology for informing ODN techsellers that selling tech to ODN during our war was an act of war. That terminology was placed there by MK, Umbrella, and GOONS. Keep up.

Edited by Schattenmann

This isn't a savings bank, you can't store money with us and withdraw it later. Savings banks do not work in CyberNations for obvious reasons.

Also, [b]ZI status[/b] is in there to show that we are unbiased. If a nation is at war it clearly affects their ability to deliver tech and a nation sentenced to "ZI" will be unable to deliver much of anything. However, they can register with the bank and pending suspension of their status be put into deals. Practically nothing prevents a nation from registering with the Bank, however Staff will not put you into a deal unless you are a safe investment.

Remember our three core values: [i]Security, Integrity, Trust[/i]. The commitment to the bank is a two-way street; If you go to war, you are violating the security of your deal as well as the integrity of the Bank, and our trust is broken. If you fall down on that deal then your rating on our four-point audit system goes down. While you are still in that war, the Bank will not assign new deals to you, since you are not a safe investment. Once your rating on that system reaches an [b][color=red]F[/color][/b] rating, you are ejected from the Bank.

I have purposefully set the Banks Bylaws as simple as possible, to allow other Nations and Alliances to easily understand it. One part in particular is extremely important:

[quote]3.2) The Bank President and the Board of Directors determines operation processes.

3.3) Operating processes must not breach the trust of the customer or violate the three core values: Security, Integrity and Trust.[/quote]

I am confident that as you see the Bank operate, you will see that this will be a great success.

[quote name='Leviticus' timestamp='1311348443' post='2761284']
This isn't a savings bank, you can't store money with us and withdraw it later. Savings banks do not work in CyberNations for obvious reasons.

Also, [b]ZI status[/b] is in there to show that we are unbiased. If a nation is at war it clearly affects their ability to deliver tech and a nation sentenced to "ZI" will be unable to deliver much of anything. However, they can register with the bank and pending suspension of their status be put into deals. Practically nothing prevents a nation from registering with the Bank, however Staff will not put you into a deal unless you are a safe investment.

Remember our three core values: [i]Security, Integrity, Trust[/i]. The commitment to the bank is a two-way street; If you go to war, you are violating the security of your deal as well as the integrity of the Bank, and our trust is broken. If you fall down on that deal then your rating on our four-point audit system goes down. While you are still in that war, the Bank will not assign new deals to you, since you are not a safe investment. Once your rating on that system reaches an [b][color=red]F[/color][/b] rating, you are ejected from the Bank.

I have purposefully set the Banks Bylaws as simple as possible, to allow other Nations and Alliances to easily understand it. One part in particular is extremely important:

I am confident that as you see the Bank operate, you will see that this will be a great success.
[/quote]
At any period in time each slot can only be used to either send tech/money out or recieve tech/money. Wouldn't it be more efficient if those using the bank can either focus on sending tech/money out or focus on recieving the money, rather than doing both at once very inefficiently? If a small nation only recieves money for 2 aid cycles, they could use that to build themselves up very quickly, then after their growth they'll easily be able to afford more tech. For the one sending out the money, it would be easier to just send it all at once, then after they're done sending start receiving their return.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1311350907' post='2761299']
At any period in time each slot can only be used to either send tech/money out or recieve tech/money. Wouldn't it be more efficient if those using the bank can either focus on sending tech/money out or focus on recieving the money, rather than doing both at once very inefficiently? If a small nation only recieves money for 2 aid cycles, they could use that to build themselves up very quickly, then after their growth they'll easily be able to afford more tech. For the one sending out the money, it would be easier to just send it all at once, then after they're done sending start receiving their return.
[/quote]

Thank you for your advice, though I do not know where I said anything about how we run our tech/aid operations. You can rest assured that we will be very efficient.

What Methrage is suggesting would work for some people like myself. I'm not going to be buying tech for the forseeable future as I'm deliberately staying small to handle our low end rogues. If the bank were to identify 5 people who prepaid for tech I could just send 50 tech to every 10 days and keep track of the balances owed then when I'm ready to buy the next round of buyers could be pre-paying and the bank would just have to find the sellers to use to pay back the tech I deposited. Hell I'd even pay interest on that in the form of forgetting some of the principle owed just so I could keep all 5-6 aid slots full with my own tech coming back that cost me initially $750k to buy.

Otherwise if you guys are just brokering deals you're not a bank, savings or otherwise, just saying.

Good luck with this because either way you're going to be doing a ton of work if you do it right.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1311379943' post='2761596']
You guys should align yourself with Sal Paradise and the Ministry of Finance. Seriously, his financial brilliance and military strength have brought the Legion to their knees.

I mean no insult. Genuine suggestion.
[/quote]
You do realize Sal Paradise is literally more competent than all of Legion at finance right? :P