Formation of the TRA

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1311101875' post='2759377']
Lone Star Republic did it better.
[/quote]
I do miss them... a great protectorate, they were.

In other news, I already like you guys simply as a result of the Texan legacy LSR left behind...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as if you know your history large portions of Oklahoma and New Mexico where part of the Republic not to mention the fact that parts of Colorado and Wyoming where also apart it does not only include Texas as it exists today. It also pays homage to the fact that Cybernations is based in Texas. We do not wish to alienate anyone, as a matter of fact the opposite is true. Anyone is welcome as members.The Texas army in 1836 had soldiers in their ranks from every existing US state at the time, and a number of countries including but not limited too France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Mexico, Spain, The Uk and its common wealth countries, Ireland, Italy, and Russia. Anyone with a free mind and a free spirit may ask to fly our flag without accepting Texas as its home. We First and foremost seek to allow people to experience the melting pot culture of Texas. Y'all are welcome.

Remember there were Six Flags over Texas and anyone associated with us are free to fly those standards as our brothers and sisters as we hope we may raise a many of the alliances of planet Bob's standards beside our own.

MaGneT thank you. I never knew LSR nor did I know any of its members yet I am glad they existed, and that Texas was represented well by them. I hope that this alliance may do the same. The Lone Star Symbol is one we stayed away from because of the "Lone" Part of the Lone Star.

[center][img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/Mask_of_Truth/Flags/Kingdom-of-Hyrule-Small.png[/img][/center]

The "unnamed parties" mentioned in the OP have contacted us and asked us to protect TRA until the end of the week to give them time for their democratic processes and such (hooray for my dictatorship :)). [u][b]As such, TRA is under the protection of the Kingdom of Hyrule until Saturday, July 23, 2011.
[/b][/u]
[i][b]Signed for the Kingdom of Hyule[/b][/i]

[i]His Majesty, King[/i] Britishdude
[i]Duke of Foreign Affairs,[/i] Nils
[i]Duke of Defense,[/i] Saxasm
[i]Duke of Economics,[/i] Abomb2323
[i]Duke of Internal Affairs,[/i] FrederickIII

This is the best new alliance idea I have seen in years. Disgrace the good name of Texas at your own peril.

[center][img]http://www.nexternal.com/boyles/images/Come%20and%20Take%20it.jpg[/img][/center]

Edited by mrcalkin

A nation refers to a cultural and geographic entity i.e the Cherokee Nation. A state is the governing body of a said nation. A country is the melding of the two. Therefore John Steinbeck was correct when he said "Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" he was referring to her people and the geography.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311099651' post='2759359']
Member count is the only metric of success. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
No, but it is certainly an important one. If an alliance cannot get the ball rolling in acquiring members, it will inevitably fail. Recruitment is highly important to an alliance's survival. The theme (and name) of this alliance almost ensures that any one not living in the area will not join. That is a huge hindrance to an alliance's growth and prosperity.

I know that CN is based in Texas, but most if its players certainly aren't. Of course, if they play to their strengths, they will become a successful alliance. It will, however, take even more work than getting an alliance like mine rolling, as it caters only to a small target audience.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1311127618' post='2759563']
No, but it is certainly an important one. If an alliance cannot get the ball rolling in acquiring members, it will inevitably fail. Recruitment is highly important to an alliance's survival. The theme (and name) of this alliance almost ensures that any one not living in the area will not join. That is a huge hindrance to an alliance's growth and prosperity.
[/quote]
Gremlins never recruited, CoJ doesn't recruit, I'm sure there are other examples. The idea that an alliance has to recruit or attain a certain size to be successful or to survive is myopic. An alliance's success is measured by whether it is meeting its own goals, not bars set by an OWF observer whose ideal situation is the propagation of one cookie-cutter sanction hound meatgrinder alliance after another.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='StephenFAustin' timestamp='1311115798' post='2759492']
A nation refers to a cultural and geographic entity i.e the Cherokee Nation. A state is the governing body of a said nation. A country is the melding of the two. Therefore John Steinbeck was correct when he said "Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" he was referring to her people and the geography.
[/quote]
No he wasn't.

[quote name='StephenFAustin' timestamp='1311103097' post='2759391']
MaGneT thank you. I never knew LSR nor did I know any of its members yet I am glad they existed, and that Texas was represented well by them. I hope that this alliance may do the same. The Lone Star Symbol is one we stayed away from because of the "Lone" Part of the Lone Star.
[/quote]

We'll be watching what you do with the Texan legacy here on BoB. You shame it and it'll be pistols at dawn.

This is notice that the North Atlantic Defense Coalition will be protecting the Texas Republican Army for the next two weeks.

[quote]
[b]A Resolution of Atlantic Council of the North Atlantic Defense Coalition[/b]

RESOLVED, that the Atlantic Council authorizes the Secretary General and the Military Operations Commander to ensure the protection of the Texas Republican Army AA for a period of 14 days.
[/quote]