Justice League & Menotah Protectorate Agreement

Hello there good sirs and madams. I'm very pleased to announce this.

[quote]The WHY SO SERIOUS Accords

Menotah and the Justice League Protectorate Agreement

Article I.
Menotah and the Justice League are brothers in the fight against crime. As such, brothers do not fight each other nor let each other fall into the hands of crime. Any aggression between Menotah and the Justice League will be handled diplomatically.

Article II.
Menotah shall train the Justice League in matters of fighting crime and will help them with sewing their costumes, buying a cool car and making gadgets. The Justice League will be flooded with tech deals and will receive assistance with their trade circles.

Article III.
Sometimes, those criminals have kryptonite or a really really big gun and try to hurt someone. Menotah shall protect the Justice League from attacks such as tech raids. Menotah will also mediate or assist the Justice League diplomatically and will help them resolve any situation. While Menotah is required to assist Justice League militarily and diplomatically, Justice League does not have to defend Menotah.

Article IV.
Justice League agrees to not enter alliance-wide wars without Menotah's blessing, and to notify and consult with them before any treaties are considered.

Article V.
Menotah will allow the Justice League to raid but the alliance raided must not be protected by another alliance or have more than 15 members.

Article VI.
If for some reason either party wishes to cancel this document, it shall remain in effect for 72 hours after notification.

Signed for Justice League:
Green Lantern, Founder, Leader, and owner of the most legitimate JL Gov title.
Myhome16, Minister of Alliance Warfare
Travis Hodge, Minister of Civil Defense
Devildog2890, Chief of Justice League War Council
TheAmazingOne, Amazing at everything
Saiko, Chief of Strategy
Mikelg128, Minister of Homeland Security

Signed for Menotah:
Joey67500, President
Fireblade, Premier General
Ezko, Vice President
Bradford, Deputy Premier
Kigen, Minister of Commerce[/quote]

tl;dr JL & Menotah = :wub:

P.S. If you're wondering which of the 3 Justice League alliances we are, we aren't the one you're thinking of, we're the other one. But not that other one that you weren't thinking of. The second one.

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310875314' post='2757581']
Hello there good sirs and madams. I'm very pleased to announce this. tl;dr JL & Menotah = :wub:P.S. If you're wondering which of the 3 Justice League alliances we are, we aren't the one you're thinking of, we're the other one. But not that other one that you weren't thinking of. The second one.
[/quote]

.... I dont understand..... who exactly are you?

P.S. If you're wondering which of the 3 Justice League alliances we are, we aren't the one you're thinking of, we're the other one. But not that other one that you weren't thinking of. The second one.[/quote]
Oh, good. For a moment I thought you were the other one. Not that one, but the one after.

P.S. If you're wondering which of the 3 Justice League alliances we are, we aren't the one you're thinking of, we're the other one. But not that other one that you weren't thinking of. The second one.
[/quote]
Oh, I very much doubt this.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310875899' post='2757591']
Why cant we just have 1 justice league? i dont need to be confused on which one is which, and its terribly annoying
[/quote]
This. Why can't the 3 of you battle it out for ownership of the Justice league AA and all similar AAs

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1310876775' post='2757599']
This. Why can't the 3 of you battle it out for ownership of the Justice league AA and all similar AAs
[/quote]
Of you? I in no way affiliate myself with any justice league.... but i have to say good sir, a war between them would be quite hilarious. All in favor of justice league war say aye

Aye

[/quote]
This is a very good idea. They can beat the !@#$ out of them, and then some benevolent group can [s]raid them into oblivion[/s] help them get on track.

[/quote]
Couple reasons.

1) The oldest Justice League AA (The Justice League) is somewhat hard to get a hold of, not sure if they have any treaties or DoE or anything.
2) We DoE'd slightly before the Justice League of Armenia and they seem like nice enough folks. So I don't think we or they should have to fold or merge before getting a chance to grow and prosper.

So, as far as any alliance announcements go, it's just two alliances that you're going to have to distinguish between, and one has "Armenia" in their name. A bit of a pain I know, but many alliances are fairly indistinguishable from one another.

[/quote]

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310877741' post='2757609']
Couple reasons. 1) The oldest Justice League AA (The Justice League) is somewhat hard to get a hold of, not sure if they have any treaties or DoE or anything. 2) We DoE'd slightly before the Justice League of Armenia and they seem like nice enough folks. So I don't think we or they should have to fold or merge before getting a chance to grow and prosper.So, as far as any alliance announcements go, it's just two alliances that you're going to have to distinguish between, and one has "Armenia" in their name. A bit of a pain I know, but many alliances are fairly indistinguishable from one another.
[/quote]

Notice the key phrase "ALL SIMILAR AAs". It is still hard to distinguish and last time i checked, no one mentioned anything about merging.
also, being hard to get a hold of does NOT mean you cannot roll them. WAR DAMMIT, SOMEONE NEEDS TO CLAIM THE JUSTICE LEAGUE AA JUST FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF THE OWF....

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310878027' post='2757610']
also, being hard to get a hold of does NOT mean you cannot roll them.
[/quote]
I suppose if we wanted to be total @#$%^ and attack an alliance that had the gall to select a name similar to our own before we existed we could do that.

Sadly we aren't, I guess we all have terrible burdens to bear and taking 2 seconds to note the difference in alliance announcements will be the price you have to pay. I will weep for you.

[quote name='Gloin' timestamp='1310877680' post='2757606']
I think they're the one with the joke of a charter.
[/quote]
Yes, they are. let me highlight some of my favorite parts:
[quote]II. War Policy
To declare war, a member must declare war on someone. The war the member declares is at his or her own risk. [/quote]
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.... but ok
[quote]IV. Government
JL has no formal permanent system of government[/quote]
WTF, im pretty sure an alliance isnt an alliance w/o a gov, and one of the main purposes of a charter was to define the government... but i could be wrong
[quote]IX. Can you give us signatures and fancy titles that don't have any legitimate power?
Signed for Justice League,
- Green Lantern, Founder & Master of Hugs
-Myhome16: Minister of Alliance Warfare
-Travis Hodge, Minister of Civil Defense
- Devildog2890, Chief of Justice League War Council
- TheAmazingOne Amazing at everything
- Saiko: Chief of Strategy
- Mikelg128, Minister of Homeland Security
[/quote]
yes, sign the charter with your imaginary power... i guess that means this treaty is imaginary and therefore this thread is a joke thread.
case closed.

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310878359' post='2757613']
I suppose if we wanted to be total @#$%^ and attack an alliance that had the gall to select a name similar to our own before we existed we could do that.
[/quote]

See, it does sound pretty reasonable when you write it all out like that.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310878899' post='2757618']
Since the announcement has failed to clearly outline just who you claim to be, it's time to disband.
[/quote]
Dammit. Maybe we can just re-brand and enjoy being free of baggage, the name Grand Global Alliance isn't taken is it?

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310877741' post='2757609']
Couple reasons.

1) The oldest Justice League AA (The Justice League) is somewhat hard to get a hold of, not sure if they have any treaties or DoE or anything.
2) We DoE'd slightly before the Justice League of Armenia and they seem like nice enough folks. So I don't think we or they should have to fold or merge before getting a chance to grow and prosper.

So, as far as any alliance announcements go, it's just two alliances that you're going to have to distinguish between, and one has "Armenia" in their name. A bit of a pain I know, but many alliances are fairly indistinguishable from one another.
[/quote]
There was a time when an alliance DoE'd with a similar name to yours, you'd roll them for stealing your name. That was a good practise, and kept alliance names original (kind of).

We need to bring that practise back.

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310878359' post='2757613']

Sadly we aren't, I guess we all have terrible burdens to bear and taking 2 seconds to note the difference in alliance announcements will be the price you have to pay. I will weep for you.
[/quote]
I will name it the Infinite Crisis War.

We at Menotah approve of this and find Justice League to be a great group of people.

As to the concerns of the charter, we've discussed this with Green Lantern and worked out any kinks. And we understand the reasoning behind some of the issues called to attention. We're happy to welcome so many players to our world. (OOC The alliance is a bunch of new to CN players with the exception of a few, and I'm not going to turn away any new players when CN is losing them so rapidly OOC).

As to the war of the Justice Leagues, none of you will really have to remember any of them so I think we're fine. Or if you do, Justice League and JLA. There. Now have some cake:

[img]http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/553373/normal_CIMG6195.JPG[/img]

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Joey67500

[quote name='Joey67500' timestamp='1310906244' post='2757728']
Lantern and worked out any kinks. And we understand the reasoning behind some of the issues called to attention.
[/quote]
Um.... i never led a micro so i may be ignorant when it comes to DoEs and alliance announcements..... oh wait i did lead a micro, anyway, im pretty sure that:
A) Your DoE is FLAWLESS. No spelling mistakes a strong charter etc. so people on planet bob take you seriously
B) You announce your protectorate IN YOUR DoE so people dont raid you viciously or try to roll you
C) If your charter does have 'kinks' YOU WORK THEM OUT BEFORE YOU DoE. didnt you learn in school that you edit your papers before turning them in?

i think i had other points but i forgot them, so for the time being, i think ill wander away

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310912258' post='2757765']
Um.... i never led a micro so i may be ignorant when it comes to DoEs and alliance announcements..... oh wait i did lead a micro, anyway, im pretty sure that:
A) Your DoE is FLAWLESS. No spelling mistakes a strong charter etc. so people on planet bob take you seriously
B) You announce your protectorate IN YOUR DoE so people dont raid you viciously or try to roll you
C) If your charter does have 'kinks' YOU WORK THEM OUT BEFORE YOU DoE. didnt you learn in school that you edit your papers before turning them in?

i think i had other points but i forgot them, so for the time being, i think ill wander away
[/quote]
Thank you for the advice sir, I look forward to your alliance conquering the cyberverse shortly with your professional, eloquent and, dare I say, unparallelled leadership at the helm.

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310912556' post='2757766']
Thank you for the advice sir, I look forward to your alliance conquering the cyberverse shortly with your professional, eloquent and, dare I say, unparallelled leadership at the helm.
[/quote]
that was a long time ago and i got locked out of my forum accounts and gov collapsed :( but back to the point, im not saying you have to conquer planet bob or be the strongest, or be sanctioned, im just saying EDIT YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT ONES... that is all