An Invitation From Starfleet

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310700868' post='2756435']
Let me ask you a simple question, Does it sound like we have an agenda?
[/quote]

It would be very difficult for an alliance to host a summit and not have an agenda?

The Think-Tank always was on the other hand a project run by individuals who share no Treaty Web connection but wanted to work together to help micro alliances out.

Not taking a dig at the Starfleet project as Ive not checked it out however it was something I thought was worth pointing out as I did back when the Think-Tank was first launched. I was a member of Ragnarok at the time and it took me a fair bit to convince people I wasnt trying to create the whole thing to help RoK in some way. People by nature suspect an alterior motive as they may well do in your case.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310701622' post='2756442']
i have no motive, only hopes, as this is pretty much my project at the moment
[/quote]

I have no problem beleiving that as I share your vision to be honest.

As I say to new micro's that start every week your better off working with people that share your vision then struggeling on your own trying to simultaniously create the same end product. Check us out... if your serious about sticking with it I'd have no problem in making you a Think-Tank admin if your interested.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1310701927' post='2756444']
I have no problem beleiving that as I share your vision to be honest.

As I say to new micro's that start every week your better off working with people that share your vision then struggeling on your own trying to simultaniously create the same end product. Check us out... if your serious about sticking with it I'd have no problem in making you a Think-Tank admin if your interested.
[/quote]

The more you push your "Think Tank" to other micro alliances and then downplay other "Think Tank" like organizations, the more it smacks of an ulterior motive itself. Everyone has an agenda, no matter how hard they try to hide it. It's simply human nature.

Edited by Kaiser Wilhelm I

[quote name='Kaiser Wilhelm I' timestamp='1310702635' post='2756451']
The more you push your "Think Tank" to other micro alliances and then downplay other "Think Tank" like organizations, the more it smacks of an ulterior motive itself. Everyone has an agenda, no matter how hard they try to hide it. It's simply human nature.
[/quote]

Considering we already have a micro alliance forum with 100 odd registered members fully operating my motive is to try and avoid a double up where two groups of people both try and do the same thing for no reason other then the fact they perhaps didn't know the other existed at the start.

The fact is we already have rather delevoped topics and debates going on the very issues that Starfleet are trying to raise here. Sorry if I'm sounding overbearing but it does seam silly to restart a new meeting ground for this topic.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1310703186' post='2756457']
Considering we already have a micro alliance forum with 100 odd registered members fully operating my motive is to try and avoid a double up where two groups of people both try and do the same thing for no reason other then the fact they perhaps didn't know the other existed at the start.

The fact is we already have rather delevoped topics and debates going on the very issues that Starfleet are trying to raise here. Sorry if I'm sounding overbearing but it does seam silly to restart a new meeting ground for this topic.
[/quote]

I didn't say the attempt was silly. By all means, it is a laudable effort to organize new players and give them some advice on the game and how to meet other alliances. However lambasting other groups for seemingly doing the same is pretty much akin to pursuing your own agenda of fronting Think Tank as the only viable micro summit out there. That's all well and good, but I just wanted to let you know how silly that sounded from over here in the back row. :)

[quote name='Kaiser Wilhelm I' timestamp='1310703861' post='2756460']
I didn't say the attempt was silly. By all means, it is a laudable effort to organize new players and give them some advice on the game and how to meet other alliances. However lambasting other groups for seemingly doing the same is pretty much akin to pursuing your own agenda of fronting Think Tank as the only viable micro summit out there. That's all well and good, but I just wanted to let you know how silly that sounded from over here in the back row. :)
[/quote]

Nah its all good mate... I know Im probably over-racting a bit.

Tell the truth the one thing that frustrates me the most is when people dont work together to acheive common goals. Its a re-ocuring theme that hold back many micro-alliances and stunts them forever.

For example seeing 3 Justice League Micro's all trying to run at the same time... or two Mafia themed micro's both struggeling. If theres one thing I want to see the Think-Tank acheive its unifying people with potential and getting them under a common umbrella to help them all acheive greater success.

The idea of creating a seperate micro forum just poked an old wound I guess you could say ;)

The one thing I like most about Think Tank is that no one hosts it. It's a totally unique forum sitting out on it's own. Admin staff ranges from Wally, who is a nuclear nerd (no offense) to myself, who leads an alliance with peace in its name.

One way this differs from a summit is that anyone is welcome, even those just thinking about forming a new alliance today. They can come see and talk to those of us who have done it. People looking to join an up and coming alliance can see who is out there and where they might want to take the risk.

Summit's traditionally allow x members per alliance and if I were to formally host a micro-summit, there would be a limit on alliance size.

Starfleet is as welcome at Think Tank is is MHA. And yes, we have reps from many sanctioned alliances, especially those who like to be involved in helping others learn and grow, either through protectorates or other means.

I've met some good people there. Maybe you will too.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1310704559' post='2756468']
For example seeing 3 Justice League Micro's all trying to run at the same time
[/quote]
Hey! We're doing great! :P
Besides, it's not like we're run by xR1..

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310868043' post='2757473']
Dammit People, Why wont you join?!?
[/quote]
They must be planning to join the "Justice League Micro-Symposium and Picnic" where we'll talk about how we're micros and junk, and then eat food.

I'm not sure why we need micro-to-micro summits to be honest. Most micros will fail, seems like we should be trying to learn from established entities and leaders to see what they did right, more than trust in our shared experience.

[quote name='Green Lantern' timestamp='1310869047' post='2757493']
They must be planning to join the "Justice League Micro-Symposium and Picnic" where we'll talk about how we're micros and junk, and then eat food. I'm not sure why we need micro-to-micro summits to be honest. Most micros will fail, seems like we should be trying to learn from established entities and leaders to see what they did right, more than trust in our shared experience.
[/quote]

Didnt you hear about our hopes dreams and secret agendas?

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310868043' post='2757473']
Dammit People, Why wont you join?!?
[/quote]

honestly it might be because of the following reasons:

1- you are VERY insignificant compared to other micros even and barely anyone knows you even exist, let alone trust you to hold an event

2- you are only 200k NS

3- you are still a new micro and many dont think you will last to 6 months even so you are not time-tested

4- Think Tank is alrdy up and running, successful one more than 1 degree, and encompasses the entire treaty web really

...also...i dont think [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_Alliance]THIS[/url] is you guys so you don't even have a wiki page that others can quickly glance at to find out more about you

i'm not saying this is a bad idea but you did literally everything wrong with this...props for trying though

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1310700705' post='2756433']
As has been mentioned Id definetly encorage you starfleet guys to join the CN Thinktank forums at www.z15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank

Its agenda free and not run by any single alliance... we have admin mods from all over the FA web to ensure there isn't bias etc.

We also already have several serious suggestions for a micro blok so you can feel free to drop in take names and try and get one going if you want. I can tell you now there are many very serious people that want to see it happen.

To the lol-merger people there are also several serious alliances in there currently happy to look at merger options. Remember real mergers are different to absoptions though so dont expect to strut over and nom people up for free.

See you there hey! :)
[/quote]

Agreed. Think Tank is a friendlier place than OWF to advertise and discuss these sorts of ideas. And the forum is already set up and there are already a number of micro and small alliances (plus supportive larger alliances) taking part in discussions about a variety of topics.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310700868' post='2756435']
Let me ask you a simple question, Does it sound like we have an agenda?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1310675215' post='2756222']
Together we can grow strong (and maybe even create a super massive micro bloc?) in peace and harmony while sharing our ideas and tactics, growing together through trade circles and tech deals, through spam and news. Now is our chance to stand up to those who say we should be eliminated, to stand up to those who despise our presence, and to stand up to them in peace. It is our time now. If you wish to join us, our forum is here: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Micro_Summit/index/
[/quote]

To clarify, I'm NOT suggesting that it's a bad agenda. However you've stated what is on the agenda for the summit, so yes.

I think what King Wally means by "agenda free" is that the Think Tank has no specific expectations or themes or specific goals that the people involved plan to accomplish. If there is an agenda - it's to provide information and a supportive place for micro alliances to met and get information...a lot like a library with meeting rooms attached.

Also, I don't see this as a competition sort of thing. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you have people sign up for your summit who are also supporters of CN Think Tank.

Edited by White Chocolate