The Fate of Sakhalin and the Kurils

The following messages would be sent to the governments of the UFE and Japan respectively:

[quote][b]To: The Government of the UFE
Fr: The Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule

Re: Sakhalin island & the residents thereof[/b]

The Serene Republic of Vaule, which has the Territory of Sakhalin Island under a protectorate, hereby requests a summit with a representative of the UFE to be held in the Vaulian capital Sygh-Varthys. My government wishes to discuss the implementation of the wishes of the people of Sakhalin to be incorporated into the UFE.

Signed,
B. Svatek, Prime Minister of the Serene Republic of Vaule
[/quote]

===

[quote][b]To: The Government of Japan
Fr: The Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule

Re: Return of the Kuril Islands to Japan[/b]

The Serene Republic of Vaule hereby requests a summit with Japan to discuss the prospect of returning the Kuril Islands to Japanese control in line with a referendum held in the territory. We therefore request the presence of a Japanese representative at the summit in the Vaulian capital Sygh-Varthys.

Signed,
B. Svatek, Prime Minister of the Serene Republic of Vaule
[/quote]

On behalf of the United Federation of the East I accept your invitation.

-Grand Vizier Wei Hai

A plane would be dispatched with the Grand Vizier aboard to meet with his counterpart from Vauleyo.

Edited by Triyun

The Grand Vizier would be met at the airport by the Vaulian delegation, before being transported to the Imperial Palace to meet with the Imperator. As soon as the Grand Vizier entered the conference room, he would be greeted by Princess Yulia Zenn and Prime Minister Svatek.

[i]"Grand Vizier, welcome to the Serene Republic and thank you for accepting our invitation at such short notice. We do not have much to discuss as the residents of Sakhalin have spoken. Instead we must simply decide upon a partition of the island based upon these realities. I would welcome your input and suggestions regarding this."[/i]

"Thank you." Wei Hai said appreciating the direct talk of business, it was refreshing compared to formalities often exchanged. "I think that we would be for the 50th Parellel used to divide the Island after the Russo Japanese War as being a suitable division point."

[i]“That is acceptable. Regarding the matter of the territorial waters and Exclusive Economic Zone of the island, the controlling party should determine the extent of such waters. In the case where such determinations result in overlap, we would favor bilateral discussions.

Since it appears that we are of one accord, may I present the following draft text based upon our agreements thus far.”[/i]

[quote][b][u]Partition of Sakhalin[/b][/u]

[b]Article 1: Dividing boundary[/b]

The island of Sakhalin shall be partitioned into two administrative entities along the 50th parallel. The northern entity, hereafter referred to as North Sakhalin, shall become the territory of the Serene Republic of Vaule The southern entity, hereafter referred to as South Sakhalin, shall become the territory of the United Federation of the East.

[b]Article 2: Territorial Waters[/b]

The territorial waters associated with each of the two entities shall be determined by their controlling party. In the event of a dispute between the boundaries of the two entities, the governments of the Serene Republic and the UFE agree to resolve such issues privately and by bilateral negotiations.

[b]Signed for the United Federation of the East,

Signed for the Serene Republic of Vaule,[/b]

[/quote]

"Yes our view is of the Northern part between Transamur and North Sakhalin, the EEZ boundary should be equidistant from both coasts. I see this as pretty much the only area of overlap." Wei said.

He examined the treaty before signing it.

/s/

Wei Hai, Grand Vizier of the United Federation of the East