Support of Legion

sojourner

One could be misguided by all the gossip generated lately about The Legion.
Facts from the past, the nonsensical musings of those who just like to get attention,
the hateful comments generated by feelings of inferiority, have only shown how some
are only here to destroy not build: those who are in this to spew their unproductive
garbage which is intended to erode friendships, trust and morale.

This verbal vomit will be believed by those who do not fully investigate the matter
and do not look past the posts of haters and meet with the individuals in question
to form a personal and realistic view of their own. Some of you may have the ability
not to be coerced by the ramblings of the same old instigators which can regularly
be found on the OWF. It is also evident that some treaties are born out of friendship
and loyalty and others out of greed and selfishness.

I have been honored to be friends with The Legion for over 8 months and during that
period of time they have been a group with class and sense. This is well proven by
their current response to this onslaught of mindless attacks and obvious attempts
to bait them. They have proven they have strength, determination and confidence.

The Last Republic is proud to be united with The Legion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='stockhunter' timestamp='1310217006' post='2753243']
I don't care what people say about Legion. All I go off of is 1st hand experience, and mine has been nothing but good with Legion.
[/quote]

This is a bad standard to keep. You should work on the ability to objectively judge everything on a whole. Even the old NPO was nice to SOMEONE. But the collective world would smirk at anyone who says "NPO was nice to me in 2008, so I dont care what they did to anyone else.' Now this is in no way comparing Legion to NPO. I have had some ok encounters with Legion. One of my favorite people in all of CN (:wub: Kamichi :wub:) is in Legion. None of that makes Legion not a spinless alliance that has never once stood up for itself. And this is what everyone has been trying to beat into them forever now. It is better to simply get rolled while defending yourself, than to slink away from conflict at every turn.

Edited to include a more appropriate analogy.

Edited by Rush Sykes

yes how dare people be misguided by facts. yet your post, presumably as a counter to said facts, lacks anything in the form facts itself.

rather it's just emotional drivel to tell us how you really like legion and we're all haters without a realistic view of our own.

cool. on the plus side you have expressed your feelings- and I sure am golly gee whiz glad to know you are proud to be tied to legion.

[quote name='stockhunter' timestamp='1310217006' post='2753243']
I don't care what people say about Legion. All I go off of is 1st hand experience, and mine has been nothing but good with Legion.
[/quote]

If you've had positive experiences with Legion, then good for you. At the same time, other people have obviously had some bad experiences with Legion and are choosing to go off that.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1310217615' post='2753249']
I for one have my views of Legion changed by this factless, half-width post
[/quote]

Also this, sojourner you're talking about "rising above gossip" while offering them your gossip instead.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1310218164' post='2753252']
This is a bad standard to keep. You should work on the ability to objectively judge everything on a whole. Even Hitler was nice to SOMEONE. You would, as I would, call a person an idiot who said "Hitler was nice to me, so I dont care." Now this is in no way comparing Legion to Hitler. I have had some ok encounters with Legion. One of my favorite people in all of CN (;wub: Kamichi :wub:) is in Legion. None of that makes Legion not a spinless alliance that has never once stood up for itself. And this is what everyone has been trying to beat into them forever know. It is better to simply get rolled while defending yourself, than to slink away from conflict at every turn.
[/quote]
Godwin by 4th post. New record?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1310218164' post='2753252']
This is a bad standard to keep. You should work on the ability to objectively judge everything on a whole. Even the old NPO was nice to SOMEONE. But the collective world would smirk at anyone who says "NPO was nice to me in 2008, so I dont care what they did to anyone else.' Now this is in no way comparing Legion to NPO. I have had some ok encounters with Legion. One of my favorite people in all of CN (:wub: Kamichi :wub:) is in Legion. None of that makes Legion not a spinless alliance that has never once stood up for itself. And this is what everyone has been trying to beat into them forever now. It is better to simply get rolled while defending yourself, than to slink away from conflict at every turn.

Edited to include a more appropriate analogy.
[/quote]
Wow... just a piece of advice to tLR, don't disagree with your fellow members on the OWF. It makes you look like people in two different alliances.

[quote name='sojourner' timestamp='1310216834' post='2753240']
I have been honored to be friends with The Legion for over 8 months and during that
period of time they have been a group with class and sense.
[/quote]

When war time comes around and you're working with Legion, you'll see how much sense and class they truly have.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1310223584' post='2753286']
When war time comes around and you're working with Legion, you'll see how much sense and class they truly have.
[/quote]

But they have [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103458&view=findpost&p=2753220]a new, ambitious gov member[/url] to steer them right :v:

They have proven they have strength, determination and confidence.
[/quote]

I fully agree...

They have proven they have the strength to lift themselves up, even without a backbone.

They have proven they have determination to boycott such silly concepts as warchests and spies.

They have proven they have the confidence that peace mode and inaction are the weapons of the future.

[quote]
[/quote]

Good luck with that.

One could be misguided by all the gossip generated lately about The Legion.
Facts from the past, the nonsensical musings of those who just like to get attention,
the hateful comments generated by feelings of inferiority, have only shown how some
are only here to destroy not build: those who are in this to spew their unproductive
garbage which is intended to erode friendships, trust and morale.

This verbal vomit will be believed by those who do not fully investigate the matter
and do not look past the posts of haters and meet with the individuals in question
to form a personal and realistic view of their own. Some of you may have the ability
not to be coerced by the ramblings of the same old instigators which can regularly
be found on the OWF. It is also evident that some treaties are born out of friendship
and loyalty and others out of greed and selfishness.

period of time they have been a group with class and sense. This is well proven by
their current response to this onslaught of mindless attacks and obvious attempts
to bait them. They have proven they have strength, determination and confidence.

[/quote]

As a former ally of Legion holding both a MDoAP and and being a member of the same bloc I am qualified to give my opinion of the Legion. They are a terrible ally. They will do almost anything to avoid fighting in a war and when they fight they get out as quickly as they can. They once surrendered without a word to a single one of their allies. Vanguard almost beat them in a war in only a few days, Pos had to rescue them. I had to twist their arm about military matters and they still refused to do simple things like push WRC/Man Pros and push people on warchests. If you needed them they would vanish and you would end up talking to some junior guy who couldn’t help. They are crap allies, Im almost 100% sure we never had a single Legion member on our boards in the 2 years we were double treaty partners. They are a joke and you obviously dont have any idea what the hell you are talking about.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310227415' post='2753312']
As a former ally of Legion holding both a MDoAP and and being a member of the same bloc I am qualified to give my opinion of the Legion. They are a terrible ally. They will do almost anything to avoid fighting in a war and when they fight they get out as quickly as they can. They once surrendered without a word to a single one of their allies. Vanguard almost beat them in a war in only a few days, Pos had to rescue them. I had to twist their arm about military matters and they still refused to do simple things like push WRC/Man Pros and push people on warchests. If you needed them they would vanish and you would end up talking to some junior guy who couldn’t help. They are crap allies, Im almost 100% sure we never had a single Legion member on our boards in the 2 years we were double treaty partners. They are a joke and you obviously dont have any idea what the hell you are talking about.
[/quote]
This experience is almost exactly the same for OMFG. The only difference is we had Megamind and King Will IV on our boards as diplomats. We've managed to poach one, still working on the other.

It's all good that you want to support your allies but, right now, the last thing Legion needs is publicity. They need to keep their heads low and sort their !@#$. Whether you like it or not, they took two massive PR blows with NSO and NPO and their image on Planet Bob is at an all time terrible. Using "haters gonna hate, Legion is awesome because I said so" arguments isn't doing Legion any service. This here isn't going to get Legion fans out of the woodwork so you really should drop it and concentrate on your own alliance. If you really want to help Legion, help them without the public keeping an eye on you, help them see the errors of their ways, help them (re)organise...