Das Girl is 2000 days old today

MrHiott

She was active in GATO for a few months even holding some elected positions when she returned last year. Unfortunately, RL doesn't give her time like back in the GW era. She does still send out aid when asked and comes back to scrap, so she does contribute where she can. Just because she doesn't live on CN like some, doesn't make her 2000 days any less.

I do see myself, and would think Das would agree, as one of her oldest friends in this game. We used to be the only recruitment team for GATO during the GW era before there was a limit on amount of messages sent out. I do like to think that the 500+ messages me and her would send out daily caused that cap :P. Congrats to Das for being able to stick it all out, I know shes had rough patches in those 2000 days so it is a HUGE accomplishment.

Also yay to being only 134 days away from 2000, lol.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1310096390' post='2752035']
Being a casual player isn't something that should be seen as a bad thing. Major props for being able to avoid deletion for so long.
[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding. With all the people who end up hitting 25 or coming close, not accidentally doing it AND playing detached for this long is impressive.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1310049708' post='2751352']
honestly...i'd expect a 2k day old nation to be in high upper tier...not at 46k NS and still not even have all the wonders or more than 2.6k tech

either way though it's a hell of an accomplishment
[/quote]
Such old nations tend to be small, from what I've noticed. I think it has to do with the fact that the game wasn't well explored back then so they didn't know how to build their nations well, and then when people started learning the newer people picked up on it first, with the older ones less active and involved.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1310109896' post='2752243']
Such old nations tend to be small, from what I've noticed. I think it has to do with the fact that the game wasn't well explored back then so they didn't know how to build their nations well, and then when people started learning the newer people picked up on it first, with the older ones less active and involved.
[/quote]

The problem wasn't that the game wasn't well explored - the game was so much simpler back then (don't get me wrong we certainly had no idea of some of the intricacies of the game, but despite not building our nations absolutely optimally it was still minor compared to the real reason). however there is so much more money around what might have been months of growth can occur within the first 5 minutes of a nation's creation. It was a time when alliance [i]might[/i] offer $10,000 start up aid and be considered generous, and massive reps amounted to something like $300,000. There were no tanks, cruise missiles, navies or airforces. Nuclear capability required 100 infra and 10 tech when I joined (I hear it was even lower before that).

In all honesty though, many of us should have had, and did in fact have quite large nations but in the wars since UJW nearly all of us have been knocked down in one war or another, or many, much further than we can ever return to - and I suspect most of us don't care. I am making wide generalisations in the name of people like me from early 2006, but I sure as hell don't maintain my nation because the game is riveting. Nation building gets pretty old after a while. Hell even war gets dull soon enough (better than building though). I keep my nation because I enjoy my community, and to a lesser extent the CN community... I'm pretty sure the reasoning is similar for Das Girl and others like us.

Edited by Shan Revan

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1310067292' post='2751556']
Those casualties are actually kind of low for such an old nation, and his/her infra levels are relatively low too. Given that the nation has only two trade slots and no aid slots in use, my guess is that he/she is just a very casual player.

It's still an impressive accomplishment to stick around for that long.
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]I'm guessing (since they're at abour 7500 Infra now), that she/he used to be maybe around 10000+ Infra at their peak? Yeah, definitely not large based on their Nation Age, but still not small. Plus, if they bulk up Military wise, they'd add a lot of NS too.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1310148005' post='2752660']
In all honesty though, many of us should have had, and did in fact have quite large nations but in the wars since UJW nearly all of us have been knocked down in one war or another, or many, much further than we can ever return to - and I suspect most of us don't care.
[/quote]
Yep pretty much this, once I got have levelled/ZI'ed a few times I kind of stopped caring about reaching the dizzy heights others strive for in terms of nation building. And I agree its the community and the interaction it provides which probably keeps many of us 2006 vets around.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1310049708' post='2751352']
honestly...i'd expect a 2k day old nation to be in high upper tier...not at 46k NS and still not even have all the wonders or more than 2.6k tech

either way though it's a hell of an accomplishment
[/quote]
Massive derp, really.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1310166128' post='2752893']
Yep pretty much this, once I got have levelled/ZI'ed a few times I kind of stopped caring about reaching the dizzy heights others strive for in terms of nation building. And I agree its the community and the interaction it provides which probably keeps many of us 2006 vets around.
[/quote]
Yeah I remember back in May of 2006 GATO was giving out $25,000 as start up aid and I was amazed at what that was able to buy. There was no tech selling at all because no one had $3,000,000 and no one had that much tech that it was that expensive.

o/ to the old days

[quote name='screw u all' timestamp='1310766745' post='2756821']
Damn. Over 2,000 days old.....that IS an accomplishment.

Keep on truckin', das girl! :wub::wub::wub:
[/quote]

That's at least 90-95 tax collections!

Edited by Crymson