Das Girl is 2000 days old today

MrHiott

honestly...i'd expect a 2k day old nation to be in high upper tier...not at 46k NS and still not even have all the wonders or more than 2.6k tech

either way though it's a hell of an accomplishment

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1310049708' post='2751352']
honestly...i'd expect a 2k day old nation to be in high upper tier...not at 46k NS and still not even have all the wonders or more than 2.6k tech

either way though it's a hell of an accomplishment
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]The low NS is due to the lower Military they're carrying at the moment. Also, I'm guessing by the large casualties, that she/he were much larger at some point. :P [/size][/font]

Casualties are fairly low for a nation of that age too. It's a rather nice sign that the people who started off earlier in this game and have the most experience don't necessarily end up ahead of everyone else. Still a good measure of skill involved other than collecting taxes and buying infra.

Still, just sticking around playing the same game for 2000 days is a great accomplishment in itself. Congrats to Das Girl.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1310049708' post='2751352']
[/quote]

GATO isn't exactly famous for nationbuilding.

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1310052033' post='2751372']
[font="Verdana"][size="4"]The low NS is due to the lower Military they're carrying at the moment. Also, I'm guessing by the large casualties, that she/he were much larger at some point. :P [/size][/font]
[/quote]
Those casualties are actually kind of low for such an old nation, and his/her infra levels are relatively low too. Given that the nation has only two trade slots and no aid slots in use, my guess is that he/she is just a very casual player.

It's still an impressive accomplishment to stick around for that long.

Congratulations on a feat that so very few have, or ever will accomplish. There are MANY times when, in this game, survival IS the only victory. You should receive a very special CN medal for this accomplishment!

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1310070337' post='2751590']
Not to downplay this but the original Das Girl left CN years ago...this is simply her nation under someone else's ownership.
[/quote]
That's categorically untrue. As Das Girl's oldest CN friend, and someone that still speaks with her on a regular basis, I can assure you that she is still caretaking her own nation.

Edit: And for the record, the reason why her NS is so low is due to her no longer having the time nor inclination to 'properly' build her nation and generally only becomes active to fight wars.

Edited by Chris Kaos

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1310070337' post='2751590']
Not to downplay this but the original Das Girl left CN years ago...this is simply her nation under someone else's ownership.
[/quote]

She still visits our forums from time to time. There is only one Das Girl and she belongs to GATO. :wub:

Also, if anyone knew Das, she is more powerful then any full set of wonders or top tier nation. :smug:

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1310071314' post='2751607']
That's categorically untrue. As Das Girl's oldest CN friend, and someone that still speaks with her on a regular basis, I can assure you that she is still caretaking her own nation.

Edit: And for the record, the reason why her NS is so low is due to her no longer having the time nor inclination to 'properly' build her nation and generally only becomes active to fight wars.
[/quote]

I stand corrected then although I still have my doubts...Congrats all the same though.

Edited by Owned-You

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1310072936' post='2751636']
I stand corrected then although I still have my doubts...Congrats all the same though.
[/quote]
Of course, because you're in a better position than I am to know whether or not my oldest CN friend is still playing the game.

If you take a look at [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80984&st=4220&p=2588428&#entry2588428"]this post[/url] you'll see that she had her nation sat by...oh look, me.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1310073413' post='2751644']
Of course, because you're in a better position than I am to know whether or not my oldest CN friend is still playing the game.

If you take a look at [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80984&st=4220&p=2588428&#entry2588428"]this post[/url] you'll see that she had her nation sat by...oh look, me.
[/quote]

That's great you've proven to me that Das Girl is a bastion of activity and her longevity and presence shouldn't be questioned!

(PS. I really don't care about this one way or another. All I've commented on is the fact that she has had a myriad of sitters in the past to keep this record afloat; if it had been her the entire 2000 days and she maintained an active presence on these forums it would be something worth arguing about. Sadly, this isn't the case...and as I said previously congrats on the record.)

o/ Das

This is the wonderful woman who recruited me to GATO when I was about to apply to NPO back in 06. I don't think I could have made a better choice :)

And yes, unfortunately Das is not incredibly active anymore. However, anytime the nukes are about to fly, she always shows up to donate aid slots and to bring the glorious nuclear fire. I only wish we were lucky enough to see more of her.

Saying her total is low for her age is meaningless. Total casualties from the first four great wars were negligible compared to the last 2 years.

That somewhat applies to size also, but afiak Das has been a very casual player for the past 4 years due to outside influences. I'm glad she's still around and didn't slip into deletion.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1310074434' post='2751653']
That's great you've proven to me that Das Girl is a bastion of activity and her longevity and presence shouldn't be questioned!

(PS. I really don't care about this one way or another. All I've commented on is the fact that she has had a myriad of sitters in the past to keep this record afloat; if it had been her the entire 2000 days and she maintained an active presence on these forums it would be something worth arguing about. Sadly, this isn't the case...and as I said previously congrats on the record.)
[/quote]

Yeah but in reality he really doesn't care what you think, nor does anyone else in this thread for your vilipend congratulation for this user in an OOC forum.

Congratulations, Das Girl.