LSF Express Bulletin

As anyone who has ever been allied to the LSF over our five plus years can tell you, we're not the sort to run from a fight when our comrades ask for our help. This is the level of respect we give virtually unconditionally. It's a big part of who we are, and why we have managed to survive and thrive, despite the very best efforts of our biggest detractors.

Naturally, we would expect the same level of respect in return. It explains, to some degree, why we've been historically conservative in the field of foreign affairs. You see, we exist for ourselves, as Libertarians charting an independent course in the world, and we fight like hell for our friends who respect our desire to stay out of the big wars that only benefit vast, generally undemocratic empires whom we have nothing in common with. It's a tall order, and one that we're happy to fulfill for our allies a hundred times over.

Recently, with our re-evaluation of our relationship with the SOS, we realized that this respect wasn't mutual. When it became clear that, despite the misadventures in global politics that were playing out, we were expected to more or less just go along with things; when our reputation as a never-say-die alliance was simply taken for granted, we began to doubt the seriousness of the SOS Brigade's amicability and friendship.

When the intention of our downgrade was to serve notice that we felt this way (and the downgrade was by no means the first such notice) was mistaken as the LSF cutting and running, our suspicions were confirmed in clear, black-and-white terms.

Be it hereby known that the LSF has moved to suspend its formal obligations with the SOS Brigade. We tried to retain our friendship, and the SOS peed in the cheerios, for the last time. Only time can tell what the future will make of this, and I sincerely wish the general membership of the SOS luck in charting a prosperous course forward.

Sad to see this
Our friendship was a good one, while it lasted
Such things as this, while unfortunate, are sometimes necessary

It's never good to see a freindship end, but this time, it was for the best.
Sometimes, it's best to remain friends at a distance

However you want to look at the state of our relationship in the end, SOS and LSF were once great allies, although at the end,
Our relationship was shakey at best.
Rest assure that we bare no ill will twords the SOS, and have nothing but respect for them.
Remaining on the sidelines while our allies are in trouble has never been our MO, and saddens me to know that you feel this way
In the end, as iv said before, this was a dying relationship anyways, so no hard feelings over this
Big mess will be held by the LSF.
Like all good things, this had to come to an end.
Even though we're not allies anymore, I hope that we can still remain friends.

;)

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1309808146' post='2748474']
Sad to see this

However you want to look at the state of our relationship in the end, SOS and LSF were once great allies, although at the end,
Rest assure that we bare no ill will twords the SOS, and have nothing but respect for them.
Remaining on the sidelines while our allies are in trouble has never been our MO, and saddens me to know that you feel this way
In the end, as iv said before, this was a dying relationship anyways, so no hard feelings over this

;)
[/quote]

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery :v:

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1309808146' post='2748474']
Sad to see this

;)
[/quote]

Oh you.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1309820676' post='2748800']
Not exactly a shocking move, only thing shocking is you have done it so quickly, where is the weeks of arguing I remember from my LSF days
[/quote]

From the way this is worded I would say that, LSF were fine with downgrading, SOS were not and so in a petty show of childishness cancelled.

Which since SOS have banned OWF posting means they can't declare this themselves so have left LSF to take the PR "oh you ran away on allies" BS hit.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1309828981' post='2748925']
From the way this is worded I would say that, LSF were fine with downgrading, SOS were not and so in a petty show of childishness cancelled.

Which since SOS have banned OWF posting means they can't declare this themselves so have left LSF to take the PR "oh you ran away on allies" BS hit.
[/quote]

This is 100% accurate