To Zócalo

As was customary for the Cajun Federation, it looked to its past to answer questions of its future, in this case, the future of its standing diplomatically in the world. Having undergone negotiations with the Athenian Federation, the Prince of Acadia would also turn his attention to the south. New Spain, and King Enrique Bourbon I represented its next logical friend. Although New Spain had turned away from the American Treaty Organization, its representative had turned heads at the negotiations, despite his late arrival. New Spain was a rising power in North America, and under the control of a what might be another friendly Bourbon monarch, could provide the Federation with another friend.

As such, a hand written note was delivered by courier from the Palacio de la Diplomacia to the Office of King Enrique Bourbon I;

[quote][i]Your Grace,[/i]

As the ruling Prince of the Cajun Federation, it does me great honor in dispatching this note to your desk. My family has owed allegiance to the Bourbon family many years ago in our service to the King of France. These friendly ties have been, for the most part, forgotten and lost through time. I believe that our countries, representing a strong influence in North America, would do well to benefit from a diplomatic engagement between our two nations. Although not a part of the American Treaty Organization, I believe that New Spain still represents an integral part of the North American community, and our humble nation would be wise to seek a relationship with your own.

As such, I would like to request a personal audience with your grace to discuss such matters in New Spain, in the hopes that our two nations can form a strong and lasting friendship that provides a model for other North American countries to look upon.

[i]Sincere Regards,

HRH, The Prince of Acadia
Henri Broussard[/i][/quote]

King Enrique would receive the message from the Cajun Federation with delight recalling his family history and how his ancestors had granted the [color="#1C2837"]Broussard's honors for their services in war and exploration. They were an old family ally and one seated only a stones throw away from New Spain. A hand-written response would be drafted by Enrique and dispatched to the Embassy within the [/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Palacio de la Diplomacia to be sent back to Prince Henri Broussard.[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][quote][i]Prince Henri,[/i][/color]

[color="#1C2837"]I would be most honored to receive you in my Palace complex within Mexico City and would love nothing more then to rekindle the friendship that has long lain dormant. It has been a personal delight of mine knowing that our families have such an integral relationship dating back centuries and centuries strong. Even though in our modern times these relations have somewhat been diminished over the expanse of time I am more then confident that we may rekindle the spirit of that friendship once more. It would bring me no greater pleasure then to host your presence here in the palace. I will begin provisioning the appropriate reception befit for not a prince, but a King.[/color]

[color="#1C2837"]I eagerly await your arrival to the capital.[/color]

[color="#1C2837"]Sincerely,
[/color][i]King of New Spain[/i]
[i]Enrique Bourbon I[/i]
[color="#1C2837"][/quote]
[/color]

Henri Broussard was pleased with himself, seated aboard the Cajun Federation's E-4 Airborne Command Post/Special Transport Aircraft. Over the last couple weeks, the Federation had been on a veritable "diplomatic offensive", engaging in talks with the Athenians as well as the Austrians, and now approaching talks with New Spain. Accompanying the Prince was some of his closest associates, including the Marquis de Baton-Rouge, the Marquis d'Estelle, and Lieutenant General Marcel Foch, among other key figures in the Federation Government. The E-4 would receive clearance to land at Mexico City's Airport, and many looked out the windows at the sprawling metropolis, which had no equal in the Federation. The huge metropole was beautifully set against the mountains, as the plane descended quickly towards the airport.

"A rather amazing sight, your highness," noted the Marquis d'Estelle, looking at Broussard.

"Yes indeed, it'll be a pleasure to admire it from the ground as well," noted Broussard, who wasn't the most eager traveler via air, but tolerated it. He would be very happy to get on the ground though, and enjoy the feeling of having solid earth under his feet.

Upon landing, the aircraft would taxi to its appropriated parking zone, and the entourage would begin its disembarkation...

The E-4 would be taxied to a position inside a private airport where the King of New Spain had arranged a grand arrival for their guests. Red carpets were rolled out and a myriad of soldiers had arranged in formation and were sporting elaborate ceremonial garbs. In the distance the small airport was back-dropped with the mountains to the south and the bustle of the metropolis to he north, east, and west. Situated in the central southern portion of the Capital it had the mix of both a rural yet urban feel as the ride to the palace would be taken along a fixed path throughout the city allowing the Cajun delegation to witness the regal allure of Mexico City.

King Enrique Bourbon himself would be waiting at the end of the red carpet eagerly awaiting Prince Henri, Enrique stood eyes fixed upon the craft with his Royal bodyguard standing not to far off from him.

Broussard would raise an eyebrow upon seeing the King of New Spain himself awaiting him at the end of the red carpet, not expecting to see the Head of State himself awaiting him at the airport. He smiled warmly as he began descending the steps of the E-4 to the red carpet that awaited his feet. He would be followed by the Marquis d'Estelle, as well as a few aides and formally uniformed bodyguards of his own. He admired the ceremonial pomp that had been rolled out for their visit, and he immediately felt relaxed, even in the hot weather, with the venue chosen for his arrival.

"It is an honor to finally meet you, Your Highness," stated Broussard, as soon as he approached Enrique, bowing his head, his delegation following his example.

Enrique responded, "The honor is all mine Prince Broussard." before extending his hand out to shake the Princes hand Enrique remarked. "My father always told me it's appropriate to look a man in the eyes when you first meet and give him a firm handshake. You'll learn everything you need to know in that first moment, and I believe it to be a good litmus test towards character. Oh, also you need not bow in my presence as we are but equals here."

Enrique stood hand outward with a warm smile on his face. "Welcome to The Kingdom of New Spain."

"Your father sounds like a wise man, Enrique," nodded Broussard, with a warm smile, taking his hand with a firm grip and giving him a confident nod. "In Louisiana, you know you're in the company of friends when you feel like you're at home within the first five minutes of your arrival, our theory of 'Southern Comfort' and all that. I can't help but think that here in New Spain, it might be less then five minutes," grinned Broussard, and he smiled when Enrique declared his welcome.

"Thank you very much, it is a great pleasure to be here in the personal company of her Head of State, no less," nodded Broussard, already feeling, despite the heat of the day, he was in the company of an old friend.

Enrique remarked lightly with a laugh "Well, we are South of the border so I suppose you could say it is a form of Southern Comfort indeed. With that being said, I believe we should depart on our way to the Palace soon...I've got no doubts your a bit hungry and we've got a whole host of refreshments arranged for you there. If you would follow me I've got a limousine prepared for us to travel within the motorcade." Enrique remarked all this in plain ear-shot to most bystanders and guardsmen a simple ruse to hid their true method of travel.

Enrique led Prince Broussard into what looked like a closed garage where a limousine was being held before remarking. "We aren't traveling by motorcade at the moment, not that it isn't safe but rather I've been wanting to show this rail-line off for quite some time and as luck would have it your the first Head of State to ever grace New Spain. This luxury liner so to speak is a high-speed rail line we've constructed under ground that links this airport to the Palace and numerous other locations within the City that is strictly for government use and other functions I deem fit. We'll arrive to the Palace within the next 30 minutes..."

Enrique motioned him towards a depression in the concrete and pulled out a special key-pad device from his pocket and entered a code opening the depression and revealing a long flight of illuminated stairs. "This is obviously the safest and quickest way to travel to the Palace or back and should there ever be a crisis any foreign dignitaries in the city will have a relatively quick means of returning to this airport to depart or any of our other private air-strips within the capital." As Enrique continued down the stairs with Broussard they would be followed by a cadre of officials, guards, and others in their respective parties before embarking on the high tech train.

"I hope you enjoy the ride as this train has been tailor made for safety and comfort...and if your feeling well enough we can began discussions while on the trip."

Broussard was slightly taken aback by the revealing of the alternate means of transportation into Mexico City, raising an eyebrow when the illuminated stairway revealed itself in the floor. He followed Enrique curiously until they reached the luxurious train below the hanger, and upon stepping on board, he admired the comforts of the high-speed mode of transportation. When his counterpart noted moving on to discussing business, he nodded, adding, "Apologies, I just find this very enamoring, I mean, I've been on subways before, but this is just a step above."

He took a seat, "Business, yes," he cleared his throat, "I feel that our countries probably share many of the same goals, regional stability, growth, solid friendships to work with. We already share a bond through the Athenian Federation, but I thought that an official state visit combined with some talks would produce something of an understanding between our own two nations."