Hypothetically Speaking

Honor and Pride  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[color="#0000FF"]Hypothetically speaking a small, obnoxious, and relatively unconnected alliance greatly embarrasses and shames your own alliance. What they did you believe constitutes an act of war. You most likely could win, but does it matter? Your alliance has been insulted and probably even attacked depending on the looks of it? What do you do? Do you defend yourself, or do you just sit back and take it?

Discuss your decision and why you made it.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, The Legion was actually my first alliance. I feel like some things are hard to unlearn. I would probably try and act tough in public around the small alliance (depending on how daring I felt), but I wouldn't do anything, I mean, what's the fun in that? It's hard to get revenge from peace mode. And it hurts your collections...

Edited by rabonnobar

[quote name='rabonnobar' timestamp='1309590500' post='2746698']
Well, The Legion was actually my first alliance. I feel like some things are hard to unlearn. I would probably try and act tough in public around the small alliance (depending on how daring I felt), but I[b] wouldn't do anything, I mean, what's the fun in that? It's hard to get revenge from peace mode. And it hurts your collections...[/b]
[/quote]

You're fired.

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1309590778' post='2746703']
Pray my govt decided to roll tanks against said alliance. You have to stand up at some point. Probably go rogue on that alliance if my Govt wouldn't take a stand.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Then you, sir, are clearly not material for one of this world's most prestigious alliances. Few other alliances have been able to so elaborate on the superiority of their military performance, and few others can so boast that their dedication to their allies is without equal. It would truly pain me if this mighty alliance would fail to meet the expectations that it set for itself only a few days ago, when they made it clear that my own humble group would never be close to their equal.[/color]

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1309591056' post='2746707']
Not a very mentally engaging topic; but, I will play.

Voted.
[/quote]

I don't think mental stimulation was RV's agenda here.

Sit down children and let me tell you a story about a dream I had....

I dreamt I was a mighty GOON warrior. It is February 23rd and the war is in full swing. I have been assaulted by one member of Legion so far (Rodney Mccay) and otherwise nothing. I am floating around the forums of our foes looking for some entertainment.

I chance upon "A briefish comment on GOONs" in the Legion forum. Being the cheeky scamp that I am I make an account for myself posing as Rodney Mccay and start a new thread based on how humiliated I feel being part of such a pathetic alliance who is mostly in peace mode (at that time you could start at the alliance list and flick through twenty pages before you reached someone not in peace mode).

Rage poured forthwith, both against the absurdity of that suggestion and against the poor unsuspecting Rodney. The breach of their defences was detected and the thread closed down.

I followed up with some PMs to one of the chaps who seemed fairly angry, just to clarify my position.

To my joy my inbox was filled with multiple corresponders. Mostly they asked if I was mad. I wasn't, but I tried to answer their questions as best as I could. They told me I was losing the war. I disputed and pointed out that most of them had less casualties than me. I messaged the Imperator bothering him. I made another thread.

I was not a big nation, if Legion had wanted to all my defensive slots could have been their offensive ones. They were happy, in the middle of a war they claimed we were losing to respond to open baiting with UMAD spam. From there to their exit from the war no Legionnaire did anything of note. I had made a point of being at war with one or two at any one time but they all just rolled over.

I was right, we did win the war.

Obviously this was all just a dream. Legion won the DH-NPO war single handed doing huge amounts of damage. And I am the greatest public spokesperson Legion ever had.
But this is how I know Legion lacks the testicular fortitude for any kind of fight at all. They would rather fight '[url="http://www.avelegio.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23708"]Cookie Wars[/url]' in the safety of their own forum.

Ave Legio

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1309592064' post='2746720']

I dreamt I was a mighty GOON warrior. It is February 23rd and the war is in full swing. I have been assaulted by one member of Legion so far (Rodney Mccay) and otherwise nothing. I am floating around the forums of our foes looking for some entertainment.

I chance upon "A briefish comment on GOONs" in the Legion forum. Being the cheeky scamp that I am I make an account for myself posing as Rodney Mccay and start a new thread based on how humiliated I feel being part of such a pathetic alliance who is mostly in peace mode (at that time you could start at the alliance list and flick through twenty pages before you reached someone not in peace mode).

Rage poured forthwith, both against the absurdity of that suggestion and against the poor unsuspecting Rodney. The breach of their defences was detected and the thread closed down.

I followed up with some PMs to one of the chaps who seemed fairly angry, just to clarify my position.

To my joy my inbox was filled with multiple corresponders. Mostly they asked if I was mad. I wasn't, but I tried to answer their questions as best as I could. They told me I was losing the war. I disputed and pointed out that most of them had less casualties than me. I messaged the Imperator bothering him. I made another thread.

I was not a big nation, if Legion had wanted to all my defensive slots could have been their offensive ones. They were happy, in the middle of a war they claimed we were losing to respond to open baiting with UMAD spam. From there to their exit from the war no Legionnaire did anything of note. I had made a point of being at war with one or two at any one time but they all just rolled over.

Obviously this was all just a dream. Legion won the DH-NPO war single handed doing huge amounts of damage. And I am the greatest public spokesperson Legion ever had.
But this is how I know Legion lacks the testicular fortitude for any kind of fight at all. They would rather fight '[url="http://www.avelegio.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23708"]Cookie Wars[/url]' in the safety of their own forum.

Ave Legio
[/quote]
This makes no sense at all.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1309592747' post='2746729']
This makes no sense at all.
[/quote]
He's a goon.

And I am the greatest public spokesperson Legion ever had.
[/quote]
This part is probably true though.

Ave Legio
[/quote]
haha what is this