• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1309650469' post='2747202']
I see no no-chaining clause.

Isn't WAPA in a MDAP bloc?
[/quote]
Thus the comment on the terrible wording. This essentially means any action taken by TLR, AZTEC has to support, and AZTEC was not even told about the signing of this treaty beforehand.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309652147' post='2747216']
Thus the comment on the terrible wording. This essentially means any action taken by TLR, AZTEC has to support, and AZTEC was not even told about the signing of this treaty beforehand.
[/quote]

I knew about this many months ago. Congrats on the signing.

My recommendation is that you adopt the acronym TlR to avoid any confusion going forward.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309652147' post='2747216']
[/quote]

If I were AZTEC, I'd be putting an immense amount of pressure on WAPA to either downgrade (they are a protectorate of Legion) or at the very least, add a no-chaining clause.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1309654674' post='2747243']
If I were AZTEC, I'd be putting an immense amount of pressure on WAPA to either downgrade (they are a protectorate of Legion) or at the very least, add a no-chaining clause.
[/quote]
AZTEC treaty text has provision to handle external chaining links. ^_^

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Lemax' timestamp='1309652956' post='2747223']
I knew about this many months ago. Congrats on the signing.

My recommendation is that you adopt the acronym TlR to avoid any confusion going forward.
[/quote]
I'm sure :P

And Jgoods, which?

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I can't quite grasp a protectorate signing mutual defence treaties. If you're capable of fulfilling the obligations of an MDP level treaty, then surely you don't need a protectorate anymore. Your treaty with Legion should've been upgraded or cancelled before you commited to this treaty.

I mean, I think TLR are ok, but I find that bizarre and can't see a way for you to honor this treaty with your current commitment to Legion.

To my knowledge, no member of AZTEC has a treaty without a non-chaining clause, which enables us to properly discuss and make a unified decision on which direction we're defending during war time. At the very least, WAPA should probably look into correcting that.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1309778411' post='2748298']
I can't quite grasp a protectorate signing mutual defence treaties. [u]If you're capable of fulfilling the obligations of an MDP level treaty, then surely you don't need a protectorate anymore[/u]. Your treaty with Legion should've been upgraded or cancelled before you commited to this treaty.

I mean, I think TLR are ok, but I find that bizarre and can't see a way for you to honor this treaty with your current commitment to Legion.

[/quote]
don't you think we are correcting that very soon? ;)