Joint Anouncement

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309714907' post='2747759']
Such poise and grace, all while managing to be so cool and edgy.

Bravo.
[/quote]
Such maturity and tact, all while managing to be [i]so[/i] witty and humorous.

Bravo to you my good sir, BRAVO!

[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_koj8dvwK3t1qzl9vfo1_r2_400.gif[/img]

Or on second thought...

$%&@ off. Cheers!

[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lec1bwOjuU1qcnueyo1_500.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309555219' post='2746208']
[color="#0000FF"]I like to think that those who hated us hated us for who we are, and just not due to the NPO treaty. I don't think us being NPOless will change how they feel about us.[/color]
[/quote]

Sadly, it is very likely you are wrong about this. Just observing the general attitude of posters from those who formerly hated our coalition / bloc would seem to indicate otherwise.

Good luck on your future endeavors NSO

o/

Edited by Feuersturm

NSO has done plenty on its own accord to be hated, don't worry. NPO hate is a bit out of fashion these days, I think the taint was mostly running the other way recently – and obviously NSO feel that they don't have enough hate from Viridia's direction yet.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1309813378' post='2748628']
and obviously NSO feel that they don't have enough hate from Viridia's direction yet.
[/quote]

We've been neglecting them lately, just wanted to ensure they still felt our love. :wub:

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1309751829' post='2748127']
If the Emperor can do it, so I can!

$%&@ off VE. :awesome:
[/quote]

And so says CN's most brilliant strategic mind ever :v:
[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1309813976' post='2748647']
We've been neglecting them lately, just wanted to ensure they still felt our love. :wub:
[/quote]

yes, sorry VE. We've been so busy with the Legions and SOSes of the universe, we forgot to send you a card.

I hope you like our new card, it's fabulously made by Liz.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1309813378' post='2748628']
NPO hate is a bit out of fashion these days
[/quote]

To the extent that people will be willing to get to know them and sign treaties with them? I'm not sure. Probably not, in my opinion. Even I've lightened up towards the Orders lately though and I'd like to see them make a comeback, if simply to provide some competition for the powers that be and to make things more interesting. The problem is that the major alliances are already tied into the current power structure and they'd have to sacrifice political capital to sign with NPO/NpO.

Note that I said NPO hate. NpO hate is still alive and well and they have some outstanding debts from Bipolar that still have to come home to roost.

I don't see most of the PB area of the web getting close to NPO, no, but I don't think the levels of hate are any worse than for the many other alliances they wouldn't want to treaty with. As you say they have significant investment of political capital in their current structures and those structures are strong and secure; bringing a large and historically hostile alliance in would break them up and weaken alliances' positions.