R&R Announcement regarding UINE terms

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MinuteVariance' timestamp='1309442594' post='2745008']
My [i]heartfelt[/i] thanks go out to RnR for their [i]gracious[/i] and [i]welcomed[/i] interference. I'd also like to compliment the extreme level of pompousness achieved in this thread and also many other related threads on the topic - it truly is a pleasure to read such unassuming, selfless poetry.

We really are all [i]very[/i] grateful for your [i]wonderful[/i] gifts of wisdom and love etc etc. I personally am especially partial to the self agrandising PM's you sent out to our nations after the war had finished. Thank you all so, [i]so[/i] much for your help!

Basically, get your hand off it. You forced us to do something we didn't want to do in a way we wouldn't choose to using your own military might hidden behind arrogant commentry and your own trumped up reasons to act out your beef with Keve. There were many ways to resolve this and you selected the one that allowed you to rub it the longest, until it was all red and sore. Now you want to talk about it all over again to try and relive the moment and cop a few more hails from the ones who aren't made nauseous by your actions. That is actually quite amusing in itself.

What UINE does and what UINE achieves is the work of the members of UINE and bears no relation to the wishes or actions of RnR - you'll want to take some credit now and in the future I'm sure, but you certainly don't deserve any.
[/quote]

I'm not really involved in this debate, nor do I really care, but it's actually nice to see a UINE member stand up for themselves instead of sucking R&R off- you've shown something that your alliancemates haven't.

EDIT: And yes, for the record, I still support the removal of these terms (I didn't like them in the first place so it's good to see them gone) and I have a lot of respect and :wub: for R&R; it's just that throughout this entire affair UINE members have spouted this !@#$%^&* notion that R&R has been helping them and that they are saviors, and it's nice to see someone stand up for themselves.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

What UINE does and what UINE achieves is the work of the members of UINE and bears no relation to the wishes or actions of RnR - you'll want to take some credit now and in the future I'm sure, but you certainly don't deserve any.
[/quote]

In my eyes the priority wasn't to help you, it was to resolve the entire situation for AiD - UINE was the one jerking it (since you brought up the metaphor) for over 6 months and R&R just wanted a resolution for their allies. Personally, I couldn't care less what happens to you now. You could fall into a void tomorrow and I would not bat an eyelid, but if getting rid of Keve so the situation could [i]finally[/i] be resolved actually benefits you in the long run, well... yay (I guess...?), but don't worry: I don't think R&R will be keeping tabs on you, let alone seeking any kudos. No-one waltzed into your New Era announcement seeking credit, so I dare suggest you're already wrong.

You were in a (self-inflicted) poor predicament* and it's easy to understand any resent at the outcome but (...I wasn't in R&R at the time and unless people were trying to blow smoke up my arse...) I [i]know[/i] you don't speak for everyone in UINE. You had some people who were great to deal with and expressed a regret/dislike of the entire situation without the attitude, but instead of letting UINE move out of Keve's shadow all I can think now is "hey look, Keve is masquerading as someone else :lol1: "

[i]*You begged for peace 5 minutes before the war began. You begged for peace over the two days the war was fought. Several of your members (government included) were vocal [b]here[/b] about how they thought it was probably the necessary outcome. R&R [b]really[/b] didn't want to dump you on your arse and they managed to get Keve out of the picture which really was the only way to guarantee closure. If it was such an unpalatable outcome, you needed to fight for something when you had a say - kudos for having some balls, but it's little too late in this thread.[/i]

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1309428941' post='2744936']
Your sympathies for Keve are noted, but you've somehow managed 2+2=19.

Since you feel the need to rehash the issue of reps-which only comprised a [i]very[/i] small part of this incident-it is quite amazing that they couldn't be sent out in 6 months, isn't it? And before you go implying R&R has forced someone's departure, Keve was inactive a day before the war and last I heard (9 days after it ended) no-one in UINE had been in contact him - unless he's a psychic I'd suggest he has other, more important obligations.
[/quote]
Unless you're psychic Matty, how can you presume he has other, more important obligations? :P

Heh, surrender terms should of never been imposed in the first place. Think you're just backpedaling with those excuses in the OP but at least you removed them I guess.

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1309447866' post='2745060']
Unless you're psychic Matty, how can you presume he has other, more important obligations? :P
[/quote]
A couple of UINE guys explained to me after the war why he never made an appearance. But sure, I'll take psychic too :ph34r:

I cant wait for SF to be on the losing side. The winners dont even need to be bad just cut and past SFs past ideas like disbandment, banning gov members, forcing alliances to get rid of their gov or whatever. I WILL LOL WHEN THEY CRY

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1309404148' post='2744723']
It's a shame I don't kiss a person's ass for revoking something they never should have done to begin with, or I'd hop on the "good show" bandwagon.

Get over yourselves.
[/quote]
I'm surprised you think the Schattenmann seal of approval is something to be desired on Bob. If anything, it's something to be avoided. Generally when you're pissed off, someone somewhere is doing it right.

well, when you explain it like that i guess it wasnt that bad. And it WAS UINE after all so i doubt anyone really feels bad about. Maybe they can turn !@#$ around now and we dont hear of anymore drama from them, at least til they get stronger and make it worth while ;)

My [i]heartfelt[/i] thanks go out to RnR for their [i]gracious[/i] and [i]welcomed[/i] interference. I'd also like to compliment the extreme level of pompousness achieved in this thread and also many other related threads on the topic - it truly is a pleasure to read such unassuming, selfless poetry.

We really are all [i]very[/i] grateful for your [i]wonderful[/i] gifts of wisdom and love etc etc. I personally am especially partial to the self agrandising PM's you sent out to our nations after the war had finished. Thank you all so, [i]so[/i] much for your help!

Basically, get your hand off it. You forced us to do something we didn't want to do in a way we wouldn't choose to using your own military might hidden behind arrogant commentry and your own trumped up reasons to act out your beef with Keve. There were many ways to resolve this and you selected the one that allowed you to rub it the longest, until it was all red and sore. Now you want to talk about it all over again to try and relive the moment and cop a few more hails from the ones who aren't made nauseous by your actions. That is actually quite amusing in itself.

[/quote]

If you think we believe we did [u]anything[/u] in the best interest of [b]UINE[/b] you're delusional, trust me not having a desire to end an alliance does not mean the same as having their best interest at heart. The only alliance who's best interest we had in mind was -AiD- and any other smaller ally of ours for that matter and something tells me every member in UINE will think twice about raiding or threatening them again, at least i hope for your sake. Now if you read it the right way you could see that IF it in any way helped UINE as some of your gov members made it out to be, then good for you. If not... well we don't really care, and the fact that people seem to think we would keeps making me hurt my face on my desk.

The simple fact most people seem to mis is that.. we are not your friends, we are not your buddies, we don't give a !@#$ about spreading democracy through CN, everything done was just a means to an end. If it had been in our best interest to continue the war or force reps or anything we would have, no doubt about it.

The message you're so fond of, it wasn't send out of our concern for UINE, it was send because it was the only way for us to make members where aware of the elections, else you could have just appointed someone else or a puppet even and say you did elections. Do i think UINE capable of things like that?.. I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

you know one thing about this whole situation keeps astounding me;

UINE, raided our ally, threatened them, raided them some more, broke over a dozen deals, threatened a second protectorate of ours, accused them of !@#$ without a shred of prove and took 6 MONTHS(!!!) to pay the agreed on 36M in reps. And after all this... people still wonder why we weren't nice to you all.

"You forced us to do something we didn't want to do"... well i'll be damned.. must be the first time an alliance didn't want to do what the terms stated... I am shocked, SHOCKED i tell ya.

Yes there were many reasons to handle this situation, we tried most and got disappointed time after time. And though indeed Keve played a major role in all this, he was hardly the only UINE member involved, i know it's nice to be able to hide behind the excuse that no one had any idea there was an issue except for Keve but we had contact with to many people in UINE and to many where involved for an entire alliance not to notice. But yeah keep sticking your head in the sand, complain about how wronged you are and don't change a thing. We'll be sitting here with some popcorn waiting until you piss off an other alliance and watch how they handle it :)

So yeah, i have to disagree about the amusing part, you still don't seem to realize that through actions of YOUR alliance and government you made an enemy of us. We could have done so much worse and at the end of it all very few people would have actually cared, that's the point you keep missing and that's the really amusing part. Well that and the fact you seem to think we would actually want to take credit for anything UINE does, thats hilarious as well.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1309436107' post='2744976']
So Keve is now allowed back into UINE gov?
[/quote]

ALL terms are over so we wont stop them.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1309437260' post='2744979']
Now that would make a fantastic war cry.[img]http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/supercoolyellow/Gadsden_flag.png[/img]
[/quote]

Nice, new warflag :P

[quote name='Jon the Warlord' timestamp='1309452400' post='2745113']
Funny, how the people that complained over the terms are now complaining over the release of them.

Trolls gonna troll, I guess.
[/quote]
Maybe some people just don't feel a need to congratulate R&R on their self-aggrandizement.

[quote name='Jon the Warlord' timestamp='1309452400' post='2745113']
Funny, how the people that complained over the terms are now complaining over the release of them.

Trolls gonna troll, I guess.
[/quote]
Not at all, we are simply saying that this does not change the fact that they were ridiculous to begin with. As I acknowledged in my post, this is at least better than continuing to enforce them. It's hardly worthy of applause though, as the terms were awful from the start.

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1309479411' post='2745430']
Not at all, we are simply saying that this does not change the fact that they were ridiculous to begin with. As I acknowledged in my post, this is at least better than continuing to enforce them. It's hardly worthy of applause though, as the terms were awful from the start.

-Bama
[/quote]
UINE is lucky it was R&R they pissed off. After everything they had to put up with, most alliances would have done a lot worse for a lot longer.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1309437260' post='2744979']
Now that would make a fantastic war cry.

[img]http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/supercoolyellow/Gadsden_flag.png[/img]
[/quote]

This is great.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309485150' post='2745487']
[color="#0000FF"]So, let me guess. The UINE holding an election is the out RnR needed to back out of these atrocious terms after you realized that they didn't quite go over with the world as well as you had hoped? Masterly done.[/color]
[/quote]

Lol indeed RV you discovered the truth :rolleyes: we just couldn't handle your disapproval :(

Can we now be friends again? :P