GOONS Press Conference (and gov announcement)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1309301049' post='2743695']
How come since JT_Jag has been made co pilot I have never seen him do anything but log into irc once every 2 weeks :P
[/quote]This is actually a secret requirement of being co-pilot.

Also hi everyone, [i]this is stupid[/i]

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1309307930' post='2743772']
Are there any members of GOONS who are capable of baking yummy cookies?
[/quote]

It depends on the type of cookies. If they're of the "special" variety, then we'd have to defer to our allies at Umbrella. If they're just regular cookies, we do not have enough female members to produce good cookies.

[quote name='Master Holton' timestamp='1309310340' post='2743814']
Why is Goon a word in the acronym GOONS? Is it an ever repeating acronym within an acronym? :unsure:
[/quote]Imagine the :smug: emote, infinitely zooming into the smile only to reveal that within the mouth, there is another :smug: emote. Repeat this fractal process forever. That is GOONS.

However, that's sorta like a "artist formerly known as Prince" deal and it's really hard to get the DMV to fill out forms with an infinitely recurring image, so we go with the acronym for convenience.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1309303153' post='2743726']
A lot of older GOONS still bear the scars of conflicts past. I was never really rebuilt after the UJW personally, just floated around random alliances, just barely managed to get an MP and a WRC.
[/quote]

Don't talk about scars, people will call you emo and make really funny jokes about it.

Also, tell me 3 reasons why you love me.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1309316374' post='2743881']
I've always been a devout Janovite myself.
[/quote]

I hope you realize, this means war. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif[/img]

Are there tensions you guys have with some alliances that could lead to a possible war? If so, who?

Are there any future treaties we plan to see from the GOONS? If so, with who?

-FearUnited

[quote name='FearUnited' timestamp='1309317962' post='2743917']
Are there tensions you guys have with some alliances that could lead to a possible war? If so, who?
[/quote]
I doubt it, the only rivalry I care about is the one we have with CoJ.

[quote]
Are there any future treaties we plan to see from the GOONS? If so, with who?
[/quote]
We are happy with our current set of treaties.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309313136' post='2743846']
Don't talk about scars, people will call you emo and make really funny jokes about it.

[/quote]

I was going to do exactly this with a good joke, but then I saw your post. Next time D34th, next time.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1309319294' post='2743938']
I doubt it, the only rivalry I care about is the one we have with CoJ.
[/quote]
As you know CoJ has rivalry with half the planet and all..what steps will you take to ensure that they hate you the most?

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309313136' post='2743846']

[/quote]
As a former Polar, tell me 3 reasons why I wouldn't love you.

Ain't too proud to beg!

:awesome: POLAR :awesome:

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1309319763' post='2743944']
Where does GOONS see itself in terms of membership and other metrics of strength by the end of the year?
[/quote]

There are so many factors involved with that, I'd rather not begin to speculate.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309320013' post='2743947']
As you know CoJ has rivalry with half the planet and all..what steps will you take to ensure that they hate you the most?
[/quote]
Well it's a tough season but I believe with the right plays being made we can beat VE in the "alliance CoJ hates most" competition. We're going to have to pull out all the stops. Including taunting, extortion (got that one covered), playwriting (still to come someday, hopefully), and overall smarminess. I think we have a real good line up this season, and we should be able to take home the cup.