GOONS Press Conference (and gov announcement)

IRON -did you know-:
How do you feel about a comment from one of the IRON founders that IRON was supposed to end up something like GOONS culture-wise. :blink: We might have ended up having something like Black Unity Treaty(BUT) :unsure::unsure:

Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309300172' post='2743678']
IRON -did you know-:
How do you feel about a comment from one of the IRON founders that IRON was supposed to end up something like GOONS culture-wise. :blink: What advise would you give to such person if he was to grab power in order to implement such cultural changes? :unsure:
[/quote]

My advice: Don't do it. One of [i]us[/i] is one too many.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309300172' post='2743678']
IRON -did you know-:
How do you feel about a comment from one of the IRON founders that IRON was supposed to end up something like GOONS culture-wise. :blink: What advise would you give to such person if he was to grab power in order to implement such cultural changes? :unsure:
[/quote]
I think that's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. If you want a more GOONS-like culture I would suggest loosening restrictions on free speech, lowering requirements for entry, and ending democracy.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1309300191' post='2743679']
Ok.. so real question. I hear there are these 2 alliances.. called FoA and KoN... whats say you, us , and NG have us a raiding party?
[/quote]
Only if they don't have valid protectors, I'd rather not go through all that again.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1309300229' post='2743680']
Will you do something about that? :wub:
[/quote]
Just query me and I'll do it.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1309300462' post='2743686']
I think that's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. If you want a more GOONS-like culture I would suggest loosening restrictions on free speech, lowering requirements for entry, and [b]ending democracy[/b].
[/quote]

Says the guy who opposed complete eradication of it in his own alliance. :lol1:

(Emphasis added of course.)

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1309301136' post='2743697']
Are you pleased with the flow of blood money to you so far?
[/quote]
Very happy.
[quote]
Secondly, how do you feel about already forfeiting 16.5 mil?
[/quote]
A lot of people should be very happy that we're not making a fuss about it because that was [B]Never[/b] part of the deal.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1309301229' post='2743699']
That's the GOONs Boys Club for ya.
[/quote]

I think its an alliance wide thing on CN, I have seen it happen many times in many different alliances, once vocal and awesome folks get promoted to top government/leader they shut up and become boring !@#$*. :(

It's !@#$@#$ tragic.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1309301381' post='2743701']
I think its an alliance wide thing on CN, I have seen it happen many times in many different alliances, once vocal and awesome folks get promoted to top government/leader they shut up and become boring !@#$*. :(

It's !@#$@#$ tragic.
[/quote]

ivory tower 4 lyfe

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1309301381' post='2743701']

It's !@#$@#$ tragic.
[/quote]

It's par for the course. Yet, I've always been awesome whether in or not in .gov :)

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1309300462' post='2743686']
I think that's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. If you want a more GOONS-like culture I would suggest loosening restrictions on free speech, lowering requirements for entry, and ending democracy.

Only if they don't have valid protectors, I'd rather not go through all that again.

Just query me and I'll do it.
[/quote]

We're not a democracy :gag: We have free speech :(, what possible requirements could we lower further :P Anyway, I think said person would get couped now ;p, the ship sailed ~4-5 years ago. But it was interesting thing to have heard the first time.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309302471' post='2743715']
We're not a democracy :gag: We have free speech :(, what possible requirements could we lower further :P Anyway, I think said person would get couped now ;p, the ship sailed ~4-5 years ago. But it was interesting thing to have heard the first time.
[/quote]
Get a mercy board.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309302798' post='2743719']
This.

Anyway, on a srs question, is it me or are you guys not investing much on infra?
[/quote]
Are you implying we're a tech-heavy alliance?

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309303086' post='2743725']
Just alot of older nations with small infra amounts.
[/quote]
A lot of older GOONS still bear the scars of conflicts past. I was never really rebuilt after the UJW personally, just floated around random alliances, just barely managed to get an MP and a WRC.

Edited by Sardonic

In hindsight... do you feel you made the right move declaring on the NPO with a generally accepted "we just want you broken" CB?

Does part of you wish you just sat back till they got involved in the conflict or even just found a different target to satisfy the dogs of war?

Or at the end of the day is the general feeling over at GOONS that you acheived a good objective and had some fun along the way?